PDA

View Full Version : Paypal ??'s

DisneyMa
07-31-2008, 12:43 AM
Okay, so I have a question. I am a Pay-pal novice!! I was wondering if I could "cash out" my SR $ to a pay pal account and have the money go to my ING account? Is that what the verified bank info is? Or will they only transfer funds that I have a checking/savings to? Do transfers cost money? I read that cutting a check does.

Okay, basically any help would be appreciated! I'm so confused:(

m 'n c
07-31-2008, 12:50 AM
Yes! I just figured this out last night.

Basically go into your ING account and pick which account you want it to go into (if you have multiple) and there should be a link called direct deposit. Click there and it will give you the routing number and account number to give paypal. Paypal will then do the 2 small deposits they do for all accounts and you will go in and verify once you receive them. It took less than 24 hours for those 2 deposits to show up in my ING Direct account so now I'm all set up and made my first transfer :)

Edited: tell paypal when it asks that it is a savings account.

DisneyMa
07-31-2008, 12:52 AM
YEAH!!

Okay, one more question.:blush: What are the fees associated with this? Does SR, paypal or ING charge? and if so, how much.

:thanks:

m 'n c
07-31-2008, 12:55 AM
The only fee you will have is if your paypal account is set up as a premier account. Otherwise no fees.

DisneyMa
07-31-2008, 12:58 AM
The only fee you will have is if your paypal account is set up as a premier account. Otherwise no fees.

:thanks::thanks::thanks:

I'm going to try this tomorrow when I feel more awake:snore:

Thanks for the info. I saw a line on SR start up page for Paypal fees and thought I'd have to pay something!

DisneyMa
07-31-2008, 01:28 AM
Where do I put in my paypal info at SR? Am I missing it or do I open a TT with the info? I tried to request a payment (thinking it would lead me to input paypal info) but it didn't work.:confused:

Told you I have no idea what I'm doing!:rotfl:

amarazas
07-31-2008, 06:08 AM
Thanks for asking, I thought that I would have to transfer the money into another account, and then transfer it back to ING ... I didn't realize I could go straight to ING... I think I'm going to sent it up this way, then I won't touch it and it can just sit there and earn money! :)

I've been debating back and forth if I want to put the $$ into a vacation savings fund or if I should put the money into ING...Hmm..decisions decisions.....

~Kathie
07-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Where do I put in my paypal info at SR? Am I missing it or do I open a TT with the info? I tried to request a payment (thinking it would lead me to input paypal info) but it didn't work.:confused:

Told you I have no idea what I'm doing!:rotfl:

I've never done Paypal because I have a premier account and I would have to pay fees but I think the email address they will use is the one associated with your account. If it's a different email address for Paypal is there a place for a message on the redeem form? You could put the email address there.

Thanks for asking, I thought that I would have to transfer the money into another account, and then transfer it back to ING ... I didn't realize I could go straight to ING... I think I'm going to sent it up this way, then I won't touch it and it can just sit there and earn money! :)

I've been debating back and forth if I want to put the $$ into a vacation savings fund or if I should put the money into ING...Hmm..decisions decisions.....

Are you thinking that SR will transfer right to ING?? Sorry if I misunderstood.

If that IS what you were thinking, you will have to transfer payment to your Paypal account, then transfer to ING from there. SR can't direct deposit it into your ING account.

jaime
07-31-2008, 08:33 AM
I am SO glad you asked this question! I LOVE ING! I would be so happy to see that account grow even larger with my SR earnings!

To put your palpay info in go to Members section, Scroll down to the bottom of the page, go to edit your account and its in there! I had to ask this question last week! :D

m 'n c
07-31-2008, 08:33 AM

Open a vacation savings fund in your ING account then you can have both :D

amarazas
07-31-2008, 11:21 AM
Are you thinking that SR will transfer right to ING?? Sorry if I misunderstood.

If that IS what you were thinking, you will have to transfer payment to your Paypal account, then transfer to ING from there. SR can't direct deposit it into your ING account.

No, I didn't realize that I could go from Paypal to ING. Thanks for the clarification though! :) Sorry for the confusion.

Hedy
07-31-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks for this thread! I almost forget that I need to cashout for Paypal!

DisneyMa
07-31-2008, 05:08 PM
So, should my paypal email match my SR email? If so, can I change my SR email under my account?

DisneyMa
07-31-2008, 09:46 PM
So, should my paypal email match my SR email? If so, can I change my SR email under my account?

anyone?:angel: I don't know if I should change my SR email address to match my Paypal address.:thanks:

askomsky
07-31-2008, 09:54 PM
anyone?:angel: I don't know if I should change my SR email address to match my Paypal address.:thanks:

No the email you have for SR can be different, when you cash out via Paypal SR asks what email address you want it to go to. I have SR with my main email and set up a seperate email with my provider for paypal

DisneyMa
07-31-2008, 11:59 PM
No the email you have for SR can be different, when you cash out via Paypal SR asks what email address you want it to go to. I have SR with my main email and set up a seperate email with my provider for paypal

:thanks: I think I got it! Sorry for all the questions! I feel like a newbie:blush:

askomsky
08-01-2008, 08:03 AM
:thanks: I think I got it! Sorry for all the questions! I feel like a newbie:blush:

Not a problem these are questions I asked back in April when I was getting ready to cashout!

m 'n c
08-01-2008, 09:39 AM
Wanted to give an update. I completed my first Paypal to ING transfer and everything went smoothly. It seems like it took less time to get into my ING account than when I transfer to Chase first. I requested the transfer Wednesday night and it was in my account and credited this morning. I love that I can do this now. :)

askomsky
08-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Wanted to give an update. I completed my first Paypal to ING transfer and everything went smoothly. It seems like it took less time to get into my ING account than when I transfer to Chase first. I requested the transfer Wednesday night and it was in my account and credited this morning. I love that I can do this now. :)

Cool! I was thinking of moving the money i've already cashout for into a CD or something to earn interest for when we are ready to go to Disney since it'll be another year.

DisneyMa
08-02-2008, 12:30 AM
Cool! I was thinking of moving the money i've already cashout for into a CD or something to earn interest for when we are ready to go to Disney since it'll be another year.

That's kinda what we were thinking.

DisneyMa
08-02-2008, 12:38 AM
So, I just cashed out to Paypal!!:banana: I guess paypal doesn't have account numbers-so I just used my email address associated with my paypal account. Hopefully all goes well:angel:

Thanks for all your help. I guess you learn something new every day!!

askomsky
08-02-2008, 08:15 AM
So, I just cashed out to Paypal!!:banana: I guess paypal doesn't have account numbers-so I just used my email address associated with my paypal account. Hopefully all goes well:angel:

Thanks for all your help. I guess you learn something new every day!!

Whoo hoo! Just keep in mind since it's now Aug, this paypal payment won't be processed until Sept 15th so you would see it in your acct around Sept 17th.

DisneyMa
08-02-2008, 12:44 PM
Whoo hoo! Just keep in mind since it's now Aug, this paypal payment won't be processed until Sept 15th so you would see it in your acct around Sept 17th.

:thanks: for letting me know the time frame. So, is there no payout in Aug? It will be hard waiting until Sept!!:angel: It's scary seeing that -0.00 on in my SR account and no $$ in paypal!!:eek:

askomsky
08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
:thanks: for letting me know the time frame. So, is there no payout in Aug? It will be hard waiting until Sept!!:angel: It's scary seeing that -0.00 on in my SR account and no $$ in paypal!!:eek:

There is but the pay out is from the month before. If you wanted it in August, you would have had to cash out by July 31st. Tricia processes paypal payments on the 15th of the following month. So you can cashout again on Aug 31st for whatever you earn between now and then and that and the one you just did would both show up sometime after 9/15.

DisneyMa
08-02-2008, 04:16 PM
There is but the pay out is from the month before. If you wanted it in August, you would have had to cash out by July 31st. Tricia processes paypal payments on the 15th of the following month. So you can cashout again on Aug 31st for whatever you earn between now and then and that and the one you just did would both show up sometime after 9/15.

ahhhh! Got it! Thanks for all the info!:D I can't wait to see it come through. :banana::banana:

carmie3377
08-22-2008, 12:33 AM
Does anyone know if the name on the paypal account has to match our name? My paypal account is premier but DH has a personal account. I'd like to have it sent to his account to avoid the fee. TIA

SunshineGirl
08-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Does anyone know if the name on the paypal account has to match our name? My paypal account is premier but DH has a personal account. I'd like to have it sent to his account to avoid the fee. TIA

No. That's completely fine.

carmie3377
08-23-2008, 09:17 PM
No. That's completely fine.

Great, thanks! I'm going to try to boost my earnings a bit and then cash out by the end of the month so I'll have it in time for our Disney Trip Sept 24-Oct 4 :cooldance: