PDA

View Full Version : Its one of those days

m 'n c
07-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Just want to whine for no real reason. i'm having one of those days where none of the offers that I do will credit. I've been in a drought for a couple of days. I'm not too worried as I'm hoping some are manual uploads that Tricia will get to next week when she's back from her vacation. But man I just want a few things to credit today. I keep clearing cookies, checking my settings, running my spybot, adware, and virus scan combo every few hours. :computer: :computer: :computer:

Ok thanks for letting me whine. I feel better. I know in a day or two everything will magically credit for me again so I shouldn't worry.

jnorth1007
07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Well my day is just the opposite. For weeks now I haven't been able to do some of the offers because when I clicked on them it would direct me to survey scout. I couldn't figure out why? I cleared cookies and ran ccleaner and also spybot search and destroy. Nothing. I figured that maybe they just had me in their system and I was done for with that one. Well after hearing talk about AVG virus scan I downloaded that this morning and ran it. Didn't find anything on my computer but amazingly when I cam back and clicked on those offers they were all available for me again LOL so I have been able to get about 1.XX in small offers that I couldn't even access before. Who knows what happens with these things. Im just glad that eventually they always work themselved out. Im so tempted to shop today too because maybe that is what has been making my shopping credits not show up automatically LOL

Kycha
07-05-2007, 02:58 PM
I love AVG! I downloaded it after reading about it over on Disboards. My computer had been acting quirky lately. After doing the first scan, even though it told me nothing was found, my computer miraculously started working better after that.

m 'n c
07-05-2007, 03:04 PM
See we have freaking mcaffee on my work laptop so I don't think I can disable it long enough to run AVG on this laptop. I might get on my desktop (shudder) at home tonight and see if I can do anything on it since I have AVG over there. I'm not sure if it will help since I have all kinds of junk and viruses on it. I really need to breakdown and reformat that thing but the thought of that is too much. My now ex was kind enough to reformat it 2 years ago for me and installed a bootleg copy of Norton on there that had viruses attached to it. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find that one out (a. that it was bootlegged and b. that it was full of viruses)!!

wdwabby
07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Just want to whine for no real reason. i'm having one of those days where none of the offers that I do will credit. I've been in a drought for a couple of days. I'm not too worried as I'm hoping some are manual uploads that Tricia will get to next week when she's back from her vacation. But man I just want a few things to credit today. I keep clearing cookies, checking my settings, running my spybot, adware, and virus scan combo every few hours. :computer: :computer: :computer:

Ok thanks for letting me whine. I feel better. I know in a day or two everything will magically credit for me again so I shouldn't worry.

I'm with you - things had been going really well and the past few days have just been stagnant! All I've managed are the survey and the Daily news penny click *sad* I need to manage at least $1.77/day to make my $100 goal before the special cash out ... at this rate :computer:

you're not alone!

llgray16
07-05-2007, 03:37 PM
I was having not so good luck with things crediting (mostly freebies) so I decided to clear out my history as well. Much to my surprise a bunch of stuff started crediting after that (even ones like Generous Genie that can be super stubborn when it comes to credits!)

Try clearing your history and even maybe setting up a new gmail account.

m 'n c
07-05-2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks I'll try cleaning my history as well.

BTW Janet where do you download Cookie Cleaner from? Is it any different than adware and spybot and then clearing via tools-options-delete cookies and files?

jnorth1007
07-05-2007, 04:00 PM
I heard about it on the other boards and it is called CCleaner and it clears your cookies in all areas. It seems to work well. I just googled CCleaner and found it to D/L free.

m 'n c
07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks! I tried to search cnet for it last week but must have called it the wrong thing. I'll try to search for it again tonight.