PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dollars-How long do they take to arrive?

mermaidbride1108
08-05-2008, 10:23 AM
Hi! I wanted to ask if I cash out my rewards, how long will it take for the Disney Dollars to arrive? I leave for Florida on August 23rd. What would you advise? Disney Gift card or will the Disney dollars arrive in time? Thanks!

Hedy
08-05-2008, 10:28 AM
Standard recommendation is to cashout 3-4 weeks ahead of time, so you may be cutting it close, esp. with the Sunshine's family emergency and back to school business.

mirandag819
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Both are a bit risky to arrive before your trip. You should allow 4 weeks for gift cards and disney dollars. It may be better to do paypal, which you will not recieve until after your trip, but it would still be better then getting the gift cards or disney dollars too late.

You can take the chance and they may arrive in time, but they are not guarenteed to arrive before 4 weeks.

m 'n c
08-05-2008, 11:07 AM
Tricia is getting in a new shipment of Disney Gift Cards which means she might be processing them next week. It's still cutting things close but might be worth the try. I think Tricia processes both cards and dollars.

jnorth1007
08-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Dollars tend to take longer because they have to actually go to a Disney store to buy those plus you pay shipping on them and they aren't covered if they are lost in the mail. I would do GC or paypal. I would maybe go ahead at this point and spend the money on a credit card if you have one and then cash out for paypal and pay off the card when you get it.

dbmiller02
08-06-2008, 09:45 AM
Can someone clarify if there is a difference between what the Disney dollars vs. the Disney GC can be spent on? I want to use mine in the parks. Which would be better?

Thanks!

Hedy
08-06-2008, 09:51 AM
Can someone clarify if there is a difference between what the Disney dollars vs. the Disney GC can be spent on? I want to use mine in the parks. Which would be better?

Thanks!

Either can be spent in the parks, but GC's can be replaced if lost, and if you're not an SM there's a shipping fee on Disney Dollars.

mirandag819
08-06-2008, 09:52 AM

Thanks!

Both can be accepted anywhere on Disney property that is owned by Disney -most dinning, shopping, disney hotels, ect.. There are still a few snack carts that don't accept gift cards, but if they accept credit cards they accept gift cards. Disney dollars can be used anywhere like cash, all the previously mentioned places as well as the carts that don't accept GC's and parking.

GC's are definatly better to carry around the parks, because a card is easier to keep up with then lots of disney dollars, but it doesn't hurt to have a few disney dollars on hand for any of the very few things that don't accept GCs.

juliokirkland
08-06-2008, 01:09 PM
Either can be spent in the parks, but GC's can be replaced if lost, and if you're not an SM there's a shipping fee on Disney Dollars.

How much is the shipping fee for disney dollars if you are not a SM?

mirandag819
08-06-2008, 01:14 PM
How much is the shipping fee for disney dollars if you are not a SM?

It shows it on the cashout screen, you can go and look at it without actually cashing out. I am a SM, but if I remember correctly it is .25

lurkyloo
08-08-2008, 12:26 PM
Something I just found out is that if you have to pay your bill to the WDW Travel Co. before your Disney Gift Card arrives, you can call back (before your trip) when the card arrives and they will refund your credit card and use the funds on the gift card instead. :)

luvdisney00
08-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Something I just found out is that if you have to pay your bill to the WDW Travel Co. before your Disney Gift Card arrives, you can call back (before your trip) when the card arrives and they will refund your credit card and use the funds on the gift card instead. :)

Wow, did not know that! Disney is very good about that kind of thing. Thanks for the info.