PDA

View Full Version : Thank You for My Goodies!

SunshineGirl
08-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Thanks to the SR crew (and Hedy...who I know must have organized it because her name was on it, LOL!) for the Cheryl and Co goodies I received today. It was definitely a nice break and a wonderful gesture. The past week is just like a whirlwind. For those of you don't know, I actually got the call about my uncle while I was on the highway to that panel I was sitting on. So it became a balancing act of making phone calls, trying to book flights, moving the kids to another city, etc. I didn't even have time to think about what was actually happening until I got to my mom's. Then it was another mad dash of heading to the funeral and back to Indy, then to Cincy.

I am not one to stay away from the computer. I mean, I check my email and the forum at least a couple of times a day when we are on cruises. I am NEVER out of touch. But I was so far behind on emails by Saturday night that when I logged in, my computer was literally downloading THOUSANDS of emails from the previous days. My head was just swimming trying to sort through everything that I was feeling as well as what I needed to be doing.

Things are getting a little back to normal. I spend today talking to my mom and sister about Christmas. If possible, I'm going to try to get everyone to Indianapolis. That way, no one has to be alone missing him. We can all be together under the same roof pulling a Christmas Vacation. ;)

You all are just the best. I couldn't ask for better friends!!!

Hedy
08-05-2008, 01:05 PM
You're welcome!
If I may threadjack-I've always known SRers were great-but I've been amazed at the number of people who contacted me regarding your and your mother's gifts. It really says something about you that you've brought together such a great group of members and a community here.

Iteach
08-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Hopefully it brought just a little sunshine your way today after the week that you've had! With all the sunshine you give to all of us each day it was nice to be able to give just a little back to you and your family! Enjoy! :sunshine:

nurseminnie76
08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
I hope it brought a smile to your face and gives you a little chance to relax after the tough we that your family has had. :sunshine:

jenvance
08-05-2008, 01:22 PM
I hope that it helps to bring you some sunshine in light of all the things that have been going on. You have given me sunshine so it worked out in a way that we could give you some sunshine!

askomsky
08-05-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree with everyone else, hopefully it's a little indulgence that you can enjoy to just escape for a moment.
I'm sorry again about everything but your plans for Christmas sound great.

It's the least we could for SR after everything you do for us!

mirandag819
08-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Christmas Vacation (I bet you could get some good videos out of that....SG needs to keep his camera handy). That does sound like a nice plan though.

I hope they brought a little sunshine to your day and maybe the sugar will help lift you up after a crazy week.

iluvamystery89
08-05-2008, 01:45 PM
i'm glad our little treat brought a smile to your face. you really deserve it! thanks again for everything you do for us!

faithhope
08-05-2008, 01:51 PM
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

StitchandPooh'smom
08-05-2008, 01:57 PM
You're welcome! :sunshine2: And thanks again to Heather for getting us all organized!

linanglab
08-05-2008, 02:01 PM
Glad you are enjoying it. Heather did a marvelous job organizing everything. Thanks Heather for doing this!

jl8595
08-05-2008, 02:17 PM
So glad you're enjoying your treats!

Blessing and Miracle
08-05-2008, 02:49 PM
I had been gone forever, it seemed, and as soon as I logged into the forum the first thread I saw was Sunshine Family Emergency and I began to panic. Needless to say, that was the first post I read. I was then upset with myself. My first thought was, I should have went ahead and paid that extra money for Internet usage in the hotel so I could have checked on my friends:(

So I'm glad things are getting back on track. And a Christmas vacation sounds great! If anyone can pull it off, you can!:)

Enjoy your treats and know that we all love you here!

spring
08-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I am so delighted that we could put a little Sunshine in your life (and Cindy's) at a time like this. Heather was fantastic in organizing this and giving us all the opportunity to share our sentiments!

lanny76
08-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I'm glad you got the goodies! Seems like you and your family have had some special need of sunshine these days with all that has been going on, so glad we could all help at least a little.

wilsonfamily4
08-05-2008, 03:03 PM
I am glad you are enjoying it. It was wonderful of Heather to jump in and let us do something while she did all the real work. We all love the sunshine family and I think we all just wanted you to be reminded of that while you went through this!

PSL1013
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
So happy to hear that you are enjoying your treat and that Cindy enjoyed her flowers. Thanks to Heather for organizing and sending these thoughtful gifts and I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to participate in this. Enjoy...what kind of cookies did you get? You need to do a video so that we all get to enjoy them with you? ;)

Hedy
08-05-2008, 04:05 PM
]
So happy to hear that you are enjoying your treat and that Cindy enjoyed her flowers. Thanks to Heather for organizing and sending these thoughtful gifts and I'm so glad to have had the opportunity to participate in this. Enjoy...what kind of cookies did you get? You need to do a video so that we all get to enjoy them with you? ;)

It did occur to me the gifts could also be used as video blogs. :rotfl:
http://www.cherylandco.com/catalogimg/items/5174-a.jpg-SEA SHORE DESSERT GIFT TOWER Tricia
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/17425.jpgSherbert bouquet from 1800flowers for Cindy

PSL1013
08-05-2008, 04:08 PM
]

It did occur to me the gifts could also be used as video blogs. :rotfl:
http://www.cherylandco.com/catalogimg/items/5174-a.jpg-SEA SHORE DESSERT GIFT TOWER Tricia
http://a764.g.akamai.net/f/764/16742/1h/www.1800flowers.com/800f_assets/images/flowers/images/shop/catalog/17425.jpgSherbert bouquet from 1800flowers for Cindy

Oh those treats look delicious and the flowers are beautiful...thank you for posting, I was wondering what we sent? :rotfl:

Alice28
08-05-2008, 04:10 PM
holy cow Tricia on the emails! We all appreciate everything you and the SR family do, and want to be of support in any way we can. Thanks Heather for organizing.

SunshineGirl
08-05-2008, 04:36 PM
Small problem with making a video...

I opened it and started eating. :rotfl:

spring
08-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Small problem with making a video...

I opened it and started eating. :rotfl:

You are just too funny! :rotfl: I'd have done the same thing! Just this time, you have permission not to do one.:D

deana
08-05-2008, 05:31 PM
:hugs:

Sunni
08-05-2008, 05:41 PM
:hugs: Tricia You are welcome! I am glad that we could bring some sunshine to you.

Heather ...thank you again for organizing it. Great choices!

m4travels
08-05-2008, 06:15 PM
SR has a great group of folks as members and fantastic leaders/partners/owners. Thanks for it all.

Keeping the family in thoughts always...

Michael

bbangel
08-05-2008, 06:18 PM
I was away and missed all this, but I'm glad the rest of the community was here to support you and Cindy.
Knowing how many emails and other things you must be dealing with I'm even more impressed that you had time to send out the email with my gc code.
Thanks for all the little (and big) things you do that make this such a wonderful place to be. :hugs:

And a shout out to Heather for picking such wonderful gifts to send.

~Kathie
08-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Try to relax a bit and enjoy those cookies!!!

Pooh's Pal
08-05-2008, 07:10 PM
So glad we could put a little sunshine in your day!
You are always there for us, why shouldn't we be there for you.

Heather, :thanks: again for doing such a wonderful job.

llgray16
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm so glad that you enjoyed them :sunshine:

Thanks again Hedy for organizing everything! Times like this make me so glad/proud to be a member of this community :hugs:

JOLAROCHE
08-05-2008, 08:15 PM
You had a busy crazy hectic weekend. relax and enjoy the treats.