PDA

View Full Version : Spybot upgrade...

Hedy
08-06-2008, 09:56 PM
I just upgraded my spybot. I'm thinking the resident ie program should be turned off so offers can credit. Anyone have any experience with this?

purdyratt
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
I did too but maybe thats reason that some offers dont credit for me
for example Homescan didnt credit. But if it did for you then i dont think it affects anything. Anyone else?

-r

cglaura
08-06-2008, 10:32 PM
I just upgraded my spybot. I'm thinking the resident ie program should be turned off so offers can credit. Anyone have any experience with this?

I have set my SDHelper to notify if I want to block, you can do this on IE Tools - Spybot Configuration.

So I'm going to test it out the next few days and see what happens.

I don't use Tea Timer or Immunization.

I've never used the Tea Timer so can't comment on that, but I have used Immunization b/f surveys, and what that does is put a list of blocked sites in your browser settings. Once I removed those I started getting alot of credits....and I no longer use the Immunize option, just scan and remove.

jnorth1007
08-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Oh crap. I use the immunization.

cglaura
08-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Oh crap. I use the immunization.

Check here:
Tools ---> Internet Options ---> Privacy Tab (on top, 3rd tab from left) ---> Sites button mid way on page. You can clear any blocked sites there.

ETA: I tried an offer, HFTM - Apartment Makeover. I didn't get any warnings pop up from Spybot & I did receive credit. So I guess the Resident SDHelper it is ok to have.

jnorth1007
08-07-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks Laura. I did that!

m 'n c
08-07-2008, 09:26 AM
are yall on the free version or paid version?

jnorth1007
08-07-2008, 09:28 AM
I am on free version. I actually have been using a different free one also called SuperAnti Spyware because it doesn't take as long to do a full scan and it found some things s&d didnt find. I did use both yesterday just because my computer was running slow and they both found some things. I also use avg periodically but they don't ever find anything. :rolleyes:

Hedy
08-07-2008, 09:36 AM
I am on free version. I actually have been using a different free one also called SuperAnti Spyware because it doesn't take as long to do a full scan and it found some things s&d didnt find. I did use both yesterday just because my computer was running slow and they both found some things. I also use avg periodically but they don't ever find anything. :rolleyes:

Really? AVG's been getting some cookies for me about every other day.
Just for fun, I upgraded my Ad Aware and now have it running as well. I read about a malaware software n the DIS yesterday, I may try that as well.