PDA

View Full Version : I have a suggestion!

StitchandPooh'smom
08-08-2008, 08:58 PM
The description for this forum says "Are there any merchants you'd like to see added?", but when someone posts here, they are directed to the "shopping sites I would like to see added" thread that is on the shopping board. So my suggestion to not confuse the new SR members:

Can we either take the merchant reference off this forum description and add it to the shopping forum, or can we move the shopping sites thread here? I have finally learned where to look for the thread, but newbies post here because it says "are there any merchants you'd like to see added?" and they are told (nicely :) ) that they need to post somewhere else.

Just a thought - thanks for the consideration!

mollyeilis
08-08-2008, 09:21 PM
I mentioned that before, and was told that they can't change the wording in the forum descriptions. And that the thread is in the shopping section b/c it's for shopping. :cool:

StitchandPooh'smom
08-08-2008, 09:30 PM
I mentioned that before, and was told that they can't change the wording in the forum descriptions. And that the thread is in the shopping section b/c it's for shopping. :cool:

Oh, well - seemed like a good idea at the time. I understand why the thread is where it is, but I think it is confusing to post here and be told to post somewhere else. It's not intuitive to post there if it says to ask for new merchants here.

jnorth1007
08-09-2008, 10:49 AM
The issue is that we can't change the wording on the forum section now. If we could we would take that portion out. So instead we just keep moving the requests LOL because we certainly understand why some people put them in the section that asks for them.

StitchandPooh'smom
08-09-2008, 01:32 PM
Makes sense! Thanks! :sunshine:

Maybe there could be a sticky at the top of this board that tells how and where to request merchants. I guess if the mods don't mind moving them and it is not too much extra work, it is fine how it is. Just thought it might be confusing to newbies.