PDA

View Full Version : classmates question

mollyeilis
07-06-2007, 01:18 PM
Does Classmates.com ONLY give credit (for myself or even just for SR, like we do when we shop on amazon through SR) for those who do not have an account at all (or whose spouse or school-going kids, etc, in household do not have an account), and then join with a paid account?

I'm a free member, but I want sign up for the 3 month paid account as I get close to my HS reunion this September, and I'm wondering if that temporary upgrade to Gold would give SR or me anything by going through SR's link.

Thanks!

edited b/c I think I was half asleep when I typed this earlier

Candi
07-06-2007, 04:51 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I am a free member and was a gold member a couple of years ago when I was planning my class reunion. I would like to join again sometime.

jnorth1007
07-06-2007, 04:54 PM
There really isn't a guarantee that you would receive credit. I have heard of someone who rejoined as a gold member with a different email address and it worked but really can't promise that would work either. You don't have to join one of the paid memberships in order to get credit. My husband joined under my SR account and he just did the free account and I got credit.

mollyeilis
07-06-2007, 04:58 PM
Hmm.

Well maybe you guys get credit even if we don't, so no matter what I'll click through SR to upgrade my account when I do it. Definitely don't want to change my email address and start a new account, I've spent some time, during free upgrade days (right around that Disney contest they had, they kept through Gold benefits at me, LOL), adding to my account info! Plus I don't want to mess up the reunion planners' headcounts. :)