PDA

View Full Version : Thumbs DOWN for All About Dance!

iluvamystery89
08-12-2008, 10:00 AM
I placed an order over 3 weeks ago (which i only received credit for after filing a TT-thanks miss angie!) and it hasn't even been shipped yet! i placed it a month in advance of DD's first dance class so i'd have it in plenty of time, because she's outgrown everything and has nothing to wear-NOW i'm panicking because unless the woman i just spoke with does what she says and personally pulls my order & ships it today, i won't get it in time! i've called them THREE times (including this morning) and was told the same thing each time-that my order was ready and would be shipped that day....gee, standard line, you think? it wasn't a huge order either-4 leotards and 2 pairs of tights, wow, you'd think in 3 weeks SOMEONE would have a few minutes to throw them in a box and send them my way! lesson learned, i guess. :headache:

oops...maybe this should be on the shopping forum? heck, i don't know, i'm so aggravated right now. y'all feel free to move it, if necessary.

fourfoxesinpa
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for posting this. DD needs ballet and jazz shoes in the near future and will be interested for your update so I can "govern myself accordingly."

Good luck with your order.

Hedy
08-12-2008, 10:13 AM
I don't want to sound like a jerk, but I'm thinking your order may have been a fluke-I know PBhall was praising them on Saturday, and I think Janet's had good luck as well.
Still stinks, though.

jnorth1007
08-12-2008, 10:37 AM
That does sound odd. I ordered 2 leoptards, 2 dance bags and 2 pairs of tights from them and I got them within 2 weeks. I wonder if they are running behind because of everyone getting stuff to start back up with dancing this week and next? We start tonight but I ordered about a month or so ago. I haven't heard anything bad about them yet but I hope they get that order out today. I know how frustrating it is to not have something you need when you need it.

mollyeilis
08-25-2008, 02:20 PM
So how did this order end up? Did you get it in time, at long last?

SunshineGirl
08-25-2008, 02:25 PM
I was wondering as well because I actually tracked some people down at the conference when I was in Boston and saw this posted. I wanted them to contact All About Dance and show them this thread so that they could take care of it.

SunshineGirl
08-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Any word on this? I heard from All About Dance today that 1) they are going to work on some new coupon codes for us and 2) they are going to look into this feedback.

pbhall13
08-29-2008, 12:17 PM
Any word on this? I heard from All About Dance today that 1) they are going to work on some new coupon codes for us and 2) they are going to look into this feedback.

So glad that they are going to find us some new coupons.........not that I don't mind the occassional 5% off, but I would really love free shipping (hint, hint)

With 2 girls taking a total of 5 classes (plus my oldest being on dance team-competitions) I am always looking at this site.

Hoping they iluvmystery finally got her stuff. I know that a friend of mine from dance (who signed up for SR ) put in an order at the same time that I did (she has 3 girls in dance) and she got her order much later than me.....not too late, but definately longer than it states (and considering the shipping can be high I would expect it be shipped accordingly)

pamela

SunshineGirl
08-29-2008, 12:42 PM
I specifically mentioned the shipping!!

pbhall13
08-29-2008, 01:09 PM
I specifically mentioned the shipping!!

fingers and toes crossed!

MKCP84
08-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Hmmm... my DDs need some new dance paws and I was going to order them through here since they were priced about $10 cheaper than at the dance studio. I think I just might hold off a bit and see if they can't get by with their old ones for a few more weeks and see if any codes come out.

luvdisney00
08-30-2008, 07:28 AM
I'm so sorry to read this! I have been ordering from them for a long time and have had good service from them, although I agree that shipping is generally a little slow, and high priced.

Once they sent me 2 pairs of the wrong color tights (I ordered them right, they just sent the wrong ones) and they told me I could keep them and shipped the right ones out very fast. If I have ever had to call them, the people on the phone have always been polite and professional, and I think they have very nice stuff at good prices.

I hope they fix the problem and make it up to you, luvamystery, because that's unacceptable.

iluvamystery89
08-30-2008, 01:48 PM
UPDATE: i did FINALLY get someone on the phone who knew what they were doing (after being told twice my order would ship out that day, but it didn't) and i got my order 2 days before DD's first dance class-3 days short of a month since placing the order. the leotards (bloch) are lined so she doesn't need a bra (excellent!) and the tights (danskin run resistant) are great, but a little bit too big. personally, although the merchandise is high quality, i'd hesitate to order from them again due to the problems i had, but it's good to know this is an isolated incident.

thank you tricia for mentioning this to the folks at your conference. i'd be thrilled if my frustration resulted in a good coupon code for the SR family!