PDA

View Full Version : Pedi Paws

MdCaterer
08-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Has anyone tried this? It looks like an easy solution to the sharp kitty nails but I wonder if it really works.

SunshineGirl
08-17-2008, 11:33 AM
It's funny you mention it because I just saw that we had three people order it yesterday!

disney_girl
08-17-2008, 12:10 PM
I am interested to know how it works too.... nail cutting is not a fun thing around here!

mmm611
08-17-2008, 12:17 PM
I'd be interested in how well this works too. Depending on how quickly I can get my job situation taken care of, this might be a nice Christmas present for my mom. Th en again, that would mean she would no longer have a reason to drag Miss Ohio State into Petsmart for her periodic nail trim and new bandana for her to chew up!

spring
08-17-2008, 12:25 PM
I was one of the 3 who ordered yesterday. With 2 indoor cats and 2 dogs, that's a lot of nails to trim. I'm willing to give it a try. I'll let you know when I get it. I did upgrade to the more powerful one with the quieter motor thinking that might help with the cats getting used to it. The dogs would probably be okay no matter what the noise.

Sunni
08-17-2008, 01:46 PM
Spring, I decided to try it also. This is one job I do not like. Maybe this will be a lot better and they won't get all crazy. I have one dog that despises nail cutting. The other two are too bad. I upgraded also. Thinking the noise won't be as bad.

MdCaterer
08-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Please let us know how they work!!! Thanks

m4travels
08-18-2008, 12:15 AM
I've been waiting to see if SR gets this as an offer; is it out there? I couldn't find it. I'd be buying this in a heartbeat. I use both guillotine and the snips for the nails and I've also used a dremel. The dremel is great but I get REAL nervous about the dogs hair getting entwined in the spinner. This piece actually looks like a workable alternative to blood dripping all over the grooming table when the dogs decide to shove more of their nail in the trimmer than necessary!

Where can I find this on SR?

ETA: FOUND IT!

kimbih
08-18-2008, 08:26 AM
I've been waiting to see if SR gets this as an offer; is it out there? I couldn't find it. I'd be buying this in a heartbeat. I use both guillotine and the snips for the nails and I've also used a dremel. The dremel is great but I get REAL nervous about the dogs hair getting entwined in the spinner. This piece actually looks like a workable alternative to blood dripping all over the grooming table when the dogs decide to shove more of their nail in the trimmer than necessary!

Where can I find this on SR?

ETA: FOUND IT!

Where did you find it? In offers? Off to go see..... Thanks!

m4travels
08-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Where did you find it? In offers? Off to go see..... Thanks!

Yup, it was one of the newer offers.

athoods
08-18-2008, 09:41 AM
We have recently redone our floors and added 6 coats of plyurothane and the dogs nails can be an issue to maintaining them.:) Ordered Firday pm and can't wait for it to come!!!:clap:

Magical JenK
08-18-2008, 09:54 AM
Of course, I've watched the infomercial before & wanted it, but waited until maybe SR got it. I'll probably order it. I have no issues doing the cats nails, it's the puppy's nails...he has gotten me so good that in one sitting I had bruises on the back of my arm, the front of my leg & the back of one calf. It was not pretty!

Anyone used it before?? Or know of someone who has? I'm just wondering how different this is than a dremel??

mia214jia
08-18-2008, 10:00 AM
Of course, I've watched the infomercial before & wanted it, but waited until maybe SR got it. I'll probably order it. I have no issues doing the cats nails, it's the puppy's nails...he has gotten me so good that in one sitting I had bruises on the back of my arm, the front of my leg & the back of one calf. It was not pretty!

Anyone used it before?? Or know of someone who has? I'm just wondering how different this is than a dremel??

I was thinking the same thing! I too always look like I was in a wrestling match and lost :rotfl: Dh does take him running with him in the am so at least the pavement helps. But DDg (darling dog) like to chew on his nails ?!
and they splinter. I have used cardboard nail files before but they are a pain to try to manage with a WWE DDg match.

Magical JenK
08-18-2008, 10:02 AM
WWE DDg match.

:rotfl: Exactly!!

Good luck to us!!

sunshinecindy
08-18-2008, 10:53 AM

It looks like it has a stop guard on where the dremmel doesn't.

mia214jia
08-18-2008, 11:31 AM
The stop guard is what got my attention. Our furbaby has dark nails and its hard to see the vein lines.

Anna
08-21-2008, 07:39 PM
Has anyone tried this? It looks like an easy solution to the sharp kitty nails but I wonder if it really works.

I want to know how they work too....I have 3 indoor cats and a puppy. Too many claws! :rotfl:

spring
09-03-2008, 03:53 PM
Anyone get this item yet? All I got was a postcard last week stating that due to popular demand, shipping would take the full 6 weeks. However, I could order another at a discount price. Not sure why I'd order another if they are having trouble getting the first one to me.:rotfl: Has anyone had better luck and actually gotten it yet?

Sunni
09-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Pat...I received the same postcard and agree. I am waiting patiently for this. It is such a good idea.

Anna
09-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Anyone get this item yet? All I got was a postcard last week stating that due to popular demand, shipping would take the full 6 weeks. However, I could order another at a discount price. Not sure why I'd order another if they are having trouble getting the first one to me.:rotfl: Has anyone had better luck and actually gotten it yet?

When did you guys order? I ordered last week. Guess I will be getting a postcard soon. :(

m4travels
09-21-2008, 12:02 AM
I ordered mine on Sept 19. I received the Pedi Paws on Monday or Tuesday of this week. I did get the postcard, too, but it wasn't as long as they predicted.

Make sure you have C batteries on hand (www.batteries.com through SR!); you'll need 2 of them.

spring
09-21-2008, 07:09 AM
I ordered mine on Sept 19. I received the Pedi Paws on Monday or Tuesday of this week. I did get the postcard, too, but it wasn't as long as they predicted.

Make sure you have C batteries on hand (www.batteries.com through SR!); you'll need 2 of them.

Still waiting.............however, have you tried it yet, Dude? How does it work?

athoods
09-21-2008, 09:05 AM
Still waiting.............however, have you tried it yet, Dude? How does it work?
I would like to know too.:blush: