PDA

View Full Version : Disney Movie Club letter

JillyFish
07-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Has anyone else gotten a letter from the Disney Movie Club about credit card information that was stolen from them? We had a slew of fraudulent charges on our statement about 6 or 8 weeks ago. I know there was a lot of discussion on the DIS at the time because it seemed to be happening to a lot of us. I wonder if this is the common link?

lrsellars
07-09-2007, 01:23 PM
I haven't yet - Did you get it today? They did send us a new video and automatically charged our card but the expiration date has since changed so I wonder what they will do about for the next time. I like the club and plan on keeping it for now. Just 2 more required videos to buy then I'll see what I want to do afterwards.

JillyFish
07-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Yes, it just came in the mail today. I just thought it was a coincidense that so many of us had CC problems and many of us have probably signed up for the club.

We didn't have extra Disney Movie Club charges on our credit card. It was all kinds of other stuff though and a lot of it!!

January
07-09-2007, 03:11 PM
I have not received anything. I better go check my statement online! Scary stuff----thanks for the heads up!

Edit---Well, there are no charges on the card that I used to join the club. HOW does something like this happen? I'm confuzzled.

JillyFish
07-09-2007, 03:23 PM
I have not received anything. I better go check my statement online! Scary stuff----thanks for the heads up!

Edit---Well, there are no charges on the card that I used to join the club. HOW does something like this happen? I'm confuzzled.

Well, unfortunately some people just have too much time on their hands and in this case someone got greedy and sold people's credit card numbers to make a buck. Unbelievable, huh?

wilsonfamily4
07-09-2007, 07:11 PM
I got my letter today but I have had no fraud on my credit card. thank goodness. My husband already thinks I am loopy for doing these programs and if we had fraud I would have to stop. But I signe dup for Disney Movie Clubs years ago so not through SR.

Mom2aPrincess
07-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Oooh..I'll have to be sure to check my mail tomorrow, but I signed up via mail years ago and have not given them a credit card number.......I don't think!

coastalgirl
07-09-2007, 07:38 PM
I got that letter too! Though I did not sign up for it through here, I did it a couple of years ago! No charges on my card though, I check it once a week, to keep up with things like that!!

Alice28
07-10-2007, 07:57 PM
I haven't rec'd the letter. No fraudulent charged on my card.

Secretly hoping Tricia comes back from the summit with good news for those of us who signed up in May & never got credit. :angel: I hope Cindy cornered the sponsor good! :p

linanglab
07-11-2007, 06:57 AM
I did not get that letter. But we did have to cancel our original Disney Visa because of fraudulent charges on it a few months ago, when other people were having trouble. AND I did have a membership in the Disney movie club. That could be where the problems started. I will be looking for that letter.

Angela

kerry34
07-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I also received one from Disney Movie Club yesterday saying that my information had possibly been stolen. Soon after my bank called me and told me that visa had notified them of a compromise of my account info. The bank is issuing a new card number. I have not noticed any fraudulent charges yet fortunately. Everyone that has signed up for Disney Movie club should probably be on the lookout just in case.

SunshineGirl
07-12-2007, 10:03 AM
That's really scary about Disney Movie Club. Did it happen to say whether it was Disney itself who had the problem or a third party that does the offer for them?

I was really unimpressed by the people who we ran this offer through and will not be running any big offers through them ever again. They didn't even stay at the summit more than one day because they decided to go on a cruise. They had no business experience at all. In fact, the combined ages of the 3 people there was about 60. Maybe less. I'm not optimistic that they are doing anything at this point. But I do know that they care that they are losing a lot of traffic. Hopefully that is enough to make them fix it.

coastalgirl
07-12-2007, 10:08 AM
It was a third party, I don't recall the name though. Maybe someone else still has there letter and could give the name.

Lydia

JillyFish
07-12-2007, 10:26 AM
It was a third party. I can't remember the name, but it was a company who sends the movies out for them.

The part to me that was scary and didn't make sense was that the person(s) sold the credit card information to a federal law enforcement agency. :confused:

coastalgirl
07-12-2007, 10:43 AM
Exactly, and this makes you wonder was it the first time or had they been doing this before!

JillyFish
07-12-2007, 11:59 AM
And why is a federal law enforcement agency buying credit card numbers anyway???????

kimntrent
07-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Do you really have to ask what our govenment does behind our backs becasue they are privlaged? They do it because they can.

Kim
________
Love Quotes Forums (http://www.love-help.org/love-quotes/)

schachteles
07-12-2007, 02:23 PM
We got our letters yesterday in the mail...seriously this credit card fraud is just unbelieveable!! Between NOTHING being safe (CC#s, SS#s, etc.) and then all of the companies that are charging our cards whenever they feel like just makes me lose sleep!

SunshineGirl
07-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I've heard that there are a lot of secret chatrooms where people sell CC information and that the government basically sits in them and waits to be approached so that they can nail the people. But they have to act like they are buying the info first. Don't know if this was anything like that or not.

jl8595
07-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I've heard that there are a lot of secret chatrooms where people sell CC information and that the government basically sits in them and waits to be approached so that they can nail the people. But they have to act like they are buying the info first. Don't know if this was anything like that or not.

There's a thread on the DIS about this too and someone made mention to it being an FBI sting operation.

Alice28
07-12-2007, 03:01 PM
I will be double checking my Disney visa soon- that is what I linked my DMC to. Bummer about no credit from those losers- :( . Oh well. I have had such good luck with 98% of all the other offers than I cannot complain.

Tiggerific711
07-12-2007, 06:08 PM
I got a letter too. The name of the company is Alta Resources, Inc.

The letter does say that it was part of an undercover sting operation.

TTFN
Marianne