PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice...

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 10:31 AM
that we now have KMart as a merchant. You can earn 1% back for shopping. That is awesome for us and bad for Walmart :rotfl: because I don't care where I buy stuff if I can get rewards. Besides I love the Martha Stewart lines. Man this could be trouble. :sunshine2:

m 'n c
07-11-2007, 10:35 AM
haha. I love my target. I am so glad all my wedding peeps are registering there as I am getting tons of rewards off of them! Now if only bf would figure out his bday gift so I could order the darned thing.

JillyFish
07-11-2007, 12:46 PM
Ah Ha! I wondered if Tricia was hinting at K-mart the other night when she said she had a new merchant. Cool!! The two closest K-Mart stores closes to me both closed. I will have to check it out.

coastalgirl
07-11-2007, 02:06 PM
I noticed lots of new merchants!! So cool!! Can't wait to a little shopping!!
Noticed some maternity ones also!! Though I won't be using that one!!:rotfl:
Macy's too!!! :cooldance: This will be really great for back to school and holiday shopping!!!

Lydia

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 03:08 PM
haha. I love my target.

I LOVE to hear that...your love is helping me keep my job!! :p That's right, I'm a Targeteer (you know like mouseketeer :rotfl: ).

LuvMyBoys
07-11-2007, 03:27 PM
You should know that I am hopelessly addicted to Target and spend way too much money there! :love:

I'm glad to know that I am helping to keep the Target corporation afloat, now if I would have just purchased some of its stock 10 years ago! :)

jnorth1007
07-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I truly had my DH do a Target intervention on me. :rotfl: I was there several times a week buying stuff I really didn't need but absolutely loved. I had like 5 different bedding sets because I just couldn't pick one. Finally, he sat me down and told me if I didn't take 3 months off of Target he was taking away my credit cards and checkbook. :angel: After a month I realized it wasn't about the money because I was spending money we had but about the fact that I was cluttering up our house just because I was bored and shopping to kill the boredom. Needless to say Im still in recovery :p

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 03:47 PM
You should know that I am hopelessly addicted to Target and spend way too much money there! :love:

I'm glad to know that I am helping to keep the Target corporation afloat, now if I would have just purchased some of its stock 10 years ago!

Hmmm...don't know if I should tell you this or not, but just looked & TGT stock on July 11, 1997 closed at $13.81 & it's at $65.15 as of 30 min today...DANG....

I truly had my DH do a Target intervention on me. :rotfl: I was there several times a week buying stuff I really didn't need but absolutely loved. I had like 5 different bedding sets because I just couldn't pick one. Finally, he sat me down and told me if I didn't take 3 months off of Target he was taking away my credit cards and checkbook. :angel: After a month I realized it wasn't about the money because I was spending money we had but about the fact that I was cluttering up our house just because I was bored and shopping to kill the boredom. Needless to say Im still in recovery

Oh Janet, I hear you on the TGT intervention....I used justify all these sample sales we had (no longer have them though) & I'd come home DAILY w/all sorts of "deals" I just couldn't pass up....DH said I was buying crap & I didn't need that frame....What?! It was only $1.00 of course I NEED that frame!! :rotfl:

LuvMyBoys
07-11-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah, thanks for confirming my theory on the Target stock :computer:

You know, it's pathetic but when things are $1 or 90% OFF!!!! How can you resist??? :angel:

You should see my spare closet, I have gifts bought months in advance for birthdays and more decorations for every holiday then you can imagine :rotfl:

I'm getting better though, I limit myself to only one trip per week and can only purchase things with cash, no credit cards

It's a long process :)

bbangel
07-11-2007, 04:00 PM
We don't have Target here :(
I do occassionaly make it over the border for shopping and that is always the first stop!

JillyFish
07-11-2007, 04:08 PM
Oh yea! I've done A LOT of damage at Target in my day!!! :angel:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

LuvMyBoys
07-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Posted by bbangel : We don't have Target here

I've told my husband before, we WILL NOT move anywhere that does not have a Target within 30 minutes. It's just not an option! :)

Magical JenK
07-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Maybe you all already know this, but I thought it was interesting....there is only 1 state in the continental US that Tgt is not in...Vermont...isn't that interesting? We're in the other 47 though! :0)

LuvMyBoys
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Maybe you could let me in on why there are no SuperTargets in Michigan? :rotfl:

coastalgirl
07-11-2007, 06:41 PM
We don't have a target where I live! I have to actually leave the state to go to a Target! But let me tell ya when we go, I do some serious shopping!!!
Hope they build one closer to me!!

Magical JenK
07-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Maybe you could let me in on why there are no SuperTargets in Michigan? :rotfl:

Sorry, I'm not privy to that info...:( But if it makes you feel any better, we didn't get any here for a long time either & HQ is located here!? So maybe they're coming???

llgray16
07-12-2007, 08:49 AM
TARGET! Did someone say Target :rotfl:

I have had to stay away from Target for awhile for many of the reasons you guys have already mentioned. I would go in there for laundry detergent and walk out spending another $50 on stuff that was "great deals" but still manages to sit a bin somewhere in my house unused :rolleyes:

I've done really good lately dealing with my Target addiction although I do have to go there soon in search of a new patio set :eek:

LuvMyBoys
07-12-2007, 09:31 AM
I've done really good lately dealing with my Target addiction although I do have to go there soon in search of a new patio set

You may want to do that sooner than later, I don't know what state you are in, but in most states the outdoor/patio went on clearance last week. I know last Friday it was at 30% off in my local store. I'm sure it's at 50% by now, but who knows what selection is like.

You may want to check it out :)