PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Crocs question

mom2ian
08-25-2008, 10:04 PM
What size do you buy for kids who are size 4 or 5. I just bought some Croc Mammoths and my daughter wants a pair. especially the Disney Princess Mammoth Crocs we saw in a magazine. I have searched high and low, but cannot find them so far. Anyway, in my search for these I have found that kids sizes end at 3, but women's sizes start at 6. She is currently wearing a 3.5 sized sneaker. Why is there no Crocs in size 4 or 5? I know the Mammoth style ran small for me and I had to buy a size up, maybe the 6 will fit?

Anyone else have a child on this size range?

SunshineGirl
08-25-2008, 10:27 PM
Have you tried their official size chart?

http://www.crocs.com/assets/files/1/9/sizingchart.pdf

I don't know how accurate it is, but it did work for both of my girls for me to round up on what it showed.

mom2ian
08-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it and see where she lands.

speechteachri
08-26-2008, 06:55 AM
You should keep in mind that generally speaking a child size 4 is about equal to a women's size 6, at least for most shoes. That has held pretty consistent for me with my daughter.

I have been looking into getting her a pair of Mammoths too, and she seems to be comfortable in a size larger than I normally would buy her. Is there anyplace that sells them (Dick's or REI) near you where she could try a pair on first before ordering? Otherwise with a store like Shoebuy the returns are very easy if you need to go that route.

For you 3.5 sixe dd, I would suggest a W6 (mens 8) to start. Although because of all the padding in the Mammoths, she may even need a W7 (mens 9).

Good luck!

mseg16222
08-26-2008, 07:08 AM
As you said make sure you order up if needed they do run small. My son needed a whole size bigger with the fur like material