PDA

View Full Version : The book clubs...

m 'n c
07-12-2007, 01:05 PM
I'm interested in a book club or two but I'm not sure I want the titles they tell you to choose from. Are those my only choices? For example with the Quality Paperback one I think there is 1 title I might like but I don't like the others. Do I have to get 2 to start? Do they change their offerings daily so maybe tomorrow there will be 2 I want?

TIAMOMMA
07-12-2007, 01:35 PM
Is Zooba still an offer on SR? I loved that one, it was a great offer and I'm still in the club.

Magical JenK
07-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I'm interested in a book club or two but I'm not sure I want the titles they tell you to choose from. Are those my only choices? For example with the Quality Paperback one I think there is 1 title I might like but I don't like the others. Do I have to get 2 to start? Do they change their offerings daily so maybe tomorrow there will be 2 I want?

I know what you mean! I had my mom look through the list to see if there was any that she wanted. She's a big reader so I had no problem! But...perhaps you could get a newer release that you don't want to read yourself & give as a gift to someone? Or put it on half.com?? Or is that wrong?! :rotfl:

m 'n c
07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
oh you are terrible jen. I don't want any unwanted books in my apartment! I think I'm going to start with the good cook. I love cookbooks and there were 4 on there I'd like. I think the 5th one I'll get for a christmas gift to someone.

llgray16
07-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I have had great luck with book clus but not for reading material. I actually signed up for quite a few and turned around and sold the books on Amazon for a nice profit :) Before I would sign up I would compare their available lists against Amazon bestseller categories. I just finished fullfilling my obligation with a few of them with one of their special promos and did ok on those as well. Matter of fact I just got back from the p.o. where I shipped out 8 books.

Just an idea for some of you who want to do some of the offers but don't want all of the books :sunshine:

wilsonfamily4
07-12-2007, 04:27 PM
I have been wanting to join a few book clubs but have been waiting to see if Tricia brought back a better deal, or selection, etc. I will probably do the cook club and another book club on Monday. I can never have too many books. I am always running out.

m 'n c
07-12-2007, 04:50 PM
I have been wanting to join a few book clubs but have been waiting to see if Tricia brought back a better deal, or selection, etc. I will probably do the cook club and another book club on Monday. I can never have too many books. I am always running out.

haha. I need to find a book swap place. I might have to start selling the unwanted ones that I didn't like on Amazon since half.com has slowed for me. I'm excited though because I can use these as Christmas gifts. I need to see what the baseball selections are on these clubs since my dad loves books about baseball.

wilsonfamily4
07-12-2007, 05:10 PM
haha. I need to find a book swap place. I might have to start selling the unwanted ones that I didn't like on Amazon since half.com has slowed for me. I'm excited though because I can use these as Christmas gifts. I need to see what the baseball selections are on these clubs since my dad loves books about baseball.

Well, since you mentioned it. . . I use paperbackswap.com. they don't just take paperbacks they also do hardbacks. I list all the books I have read already and then someone asks for it. I send it, I pay the shipping, and I get a credit for one book in the system. LOVE IT.

LyndaM
07-12-2007, 05:40 PM
I just signed up for Zooba.com - looks great for me! Does it really take them five days to send account info for me to sign in and create a booklist? I wanted to get started right away!

Lynda

wilsonfamily4
07-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I just signed up for Zooba.com - looks great for me! Does it really take them five days to send account info for me to sign in and create a booklist? I wanted to get started right away!

Lynda

I think last time I did it in within the hour.

faithhope
07-12-2007, 05:48 PM
I have had great luck with book clus but not for reading material. I actually signed up for quite a few and turned around and sold the books on Amazon for a nice profit :) Before I would sign up I would compare their available lists against Amazon bestseller categories. I just finished fullfilling my obligation with a few of them with one of their special promos and did ok on those as well. Matter of fact I just got back from the p.o. where I shipped out 8 books.

Just an idea for some of you who want to do some of the offers but don't want all of the books :sunshine:

Thank You! This is great info... my house is already busting with books, and I rarely can find time to read anymore (unless it is a parenting or homeschooling type book). I could probably find a book or two I'd want to keep... but probably not so many as to finish the commitment.

Faith