PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant.com

ligrumpygirl
08-29-2008, 07:01 PM
Just a note about Restaurant.com restaurants...not the company itself that I love!

Ordered a few GC when they had a big sale...went to use one of 3 that I got for a local pizza place tonight. Signs everywhere that they no longer accept them! UGH...My $13 dollar dinner ($3 for the GC and $10 extra bc you had to buy $35 worth of food) turned into a $50 plus tip dinner because I couldn't leave at that point - it was getting late and at 5:30 on a Friday it wasn't worth driving somewhere else - everybody was starving)!

I emailed Restaurants.com as soon as I got home and I will receive a credit so that is not the problem. I just wanted to let you all know to check BEFORE you leave the house to double check the restaurant! I should have know when I went to print it off tonight and it was no longer listed on the site! My mistake...

Again LOVE the restaurant.com people and they will do right by me I am sure...just wanted to make you aware what could happen.

mollyeilis
08-29-2008, 07:42 PM
Ugh, sorry that happened!

I still have $25 credit that I got with my Entertainment Book (that I bought through SR last year, so it does have something to do with SR!), just sitting there waiting for me to go somewhere. I first got a $25 certificate for a place I wanted to try, but waited too long and their site informed me (sign up as a member and you get emails when they stop accepting the certificates!!!). I chose another place, again waited too long, and I was informed that that place didn't take it anymore. Now there's nothing left that I actually want, so I have it split into 2 $10 and a $5, with places I don't really want to eat at. :rolleyes:

So I know a version of your pain, though not obviously the financial pain that you experienced.

piglet-for-me
08-29-2008, 07:51 PM
I wonder if it's a restaurant by restaurant option as to whether to honor them? I bought one a while ago from one of our favorite places. I went back a couple of days later to buy another one and they weren't listed anymore. When we used the certificate, we had no problem. I wish they'd be listed again, as I'd buy more than 1 next time. I keep watching though.

Good to know to check with the restuarant before planning on using one there. Thanks.

sunshinecindy
08-29-2008, 08:17 PM

I still have $25 credit that I got with my Entertainment Book (that I bought through SR last year, so it does have something to do with SR!), just sitting there waiting for me to go somewhere. I first got a $25 certificate for a place I wanted to try, but waited too long and their site informed me (sign up as a member and you get emails when they stop accepting the certificates!!!). I chose another place, again waited too long, and I was informed that that place didn't take it anymore. Now there's nothing left that I actually want, so I have it split into 2 $10 and a $5, with places I don't really want to eat at. :rolleyes:

So I know a version of your pain, though not obviously the financial pain that you experienced.

Remember to check places if you are going on vacation too. When Tricia and I went to Vegas last year, we were able to use some at the hotel we stayed at, that was awesome.

ligrumpygirl
08-29-2008, 08:46 PM

I am a member but got no such notice.

I wonder if it's a restaurant by restaurant option as to whether to honor them? I bought one a while ago from one of our favorite places. I went back a couple of days later to buy another one and they weren't listed anymore. When we used the certificate, we had no problem. I wish they'd be listed again, as I'd buy more than 1 next time. I keep watching though.

Good to know to check with the restuarant before planning on using one there. Thanks.

I think it is the restaurant's choice. There used to be a place in the town I work and one day it wasn't listed. It had new owners and they didn't want to participate.