PDA

View Full Version : wii

speechteachri
08-30-2008, 09:22 AM
We have decided to buy a Wii as a family gift this Christmas....I'd love to do it through SR. Anyone done it....any advice???

Thanks!:sunshine:

JillyFish
08-30-2008, 09:31 AM
I just bought one about a month ago off eBay. Haven't gotten my credit yet....BUMMER....but they have TONS of them and I'm sure that's why they're hard to find in the stores. When I went looking, I found that WalMart had some but they didn't have the bundle I wanted. ToysRUs also sells them online, but they were out of stock at the time. Can't remember for sure, but I think they were also out of stock at Best Buy.

Good luck!! :)

ligrumpygirl
08-30-2008, 10:14 AM
I am pretty sure that ToysRUs doesn't give us credit on gaming systems so check that out.

What about Best Buy pick up in a store near you? That way you save shipping too!

faithhope
08-30-2008, 10:58 AM
I think Tricia mentioned that none of the stores offer credit on the gaming system itself... but I bought mine a couple of months ago...so things might have changed.
I bought it via SR anyway... just in case it did some good for SR...

m 'n c
08-30-2008, 11:21 AM
I think Tricia mentioned that none of the stores offer credit on the gaming system itself... but I bought mine a couple of months ago...so things might have changed.
I bought it via SR anyway... just in case it did some good for SR...

I think Bestbuy is the exception. Search the forums for "XBOX 360" or just "XBOX" because we had this discussion there and that is when Tricia stated which merchants offer rewards for game systems and which ones don't. (XBOX is more than 3 letters so it will search in the forums Wii won't)

mjjmbnmm
08-30-2008, 12:10 PM
I bought one from Sears last Friday and got credit.

speechteachri
08-30-2008, 12:12 PM
Thanks for the info...I will search by what you listed Catherine. I hope it's not only Best Buy, as I am not fond of them. Won't buy there.

Thanks again.

Alice28
08-30-2008, 12:19 PM
I'm on the hunt for a WiiFit- if anyone sees one in stock anywhere for regular price (online), can you PM me? Thanks!

m 'n c
08-30-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm on the hunt for a WiiFit- if anyone sees one in stock anywhere for regular price (online), can you PM me? Thanks!

Crap! I just saw one the other day in Houston. I'll be on the look out now for you.

Wii alerts has WiiFits on the watch list so make sure you check there every now and then.

arob414
08-30-2008, 01:55 PM

Same here. I would like to get a WiiFit.

I bought our Wii at Walmart because I had been looking, online and not finding anything beyone a bundled set, in stock. Didn't expect to get SR credit. Walked into Walmart, one day, and they had 4. It was a kind of spur of the moment thing although we were planning on getting one, anyway. We only have one remote and nunchuk. I will add more as I find good prices, online, going thru SR. I did buy a set of 4 covers for our current remote/nunchuk and future ones. Got them at Overstock, last wk, for about $16. They had a decent review and seemed to be a good price.

Wii alerts has WiiFits on the watch list so make sure you check there every now and then.

What is Wii alerts?

speechteachri
08-30-2008, 04:59 PM
Is Wiifit a separate game for Wii, or is it totally separate? My dh knows a lot more about it than me. I guess I should start doing my homework!:o

spring
08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
Is Wiifit a separate game for Wii, or is it totally separate? My dh knows a lot more about it than me. I guess I should start doing my homework!:o

Wii Fit is a separate item that you can buy for your Wii. I believe it regularly goes for $89.**; I love mine.

If you are having trouble finding one, go to Circuitcity via SR and check their stock. If they are out of stock, you can opt to be e-mailed when it comes back into stock. They offer free shipping for any order that totals $24 or more. I've had pretty good luck getting Wii accessories from them and no problems getting account credit, although it is only 1%, I believe.

kimbih
08-30-2008, 06:32 PM
I've been trying forever to get the Wii Fit. It's out of stock everywhere but Ebay when I look.

linanglab
08-30-2008, 07:35 PM
I didn't realize the Wiifit was that hard to come by! I was thinking about getting one in the next few months. I bet with Christmas coming, it may be even harder to come by.....

askomsky
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
With Christmas coming it WILL be hard to find them, both the unit and Wii fit, so my advice to you is if you see one now to buy it. I bought ours at the beginning of October last year when Gamestop had just gotten a shipment in. No SR credit but I knew the longer I waited the harder it was going to be and I was right, people were still trying to get them into late January.

Sunni
08-31-2008, 08:00 AM
I went back and forth on buying one. I could never find one ...everywhere on line was sold out all the time. When I went to Toy R Us/Babie are Us for a last couple of things for the shower. A sign was on the entrance door....3 Wiis in stock. After I got inside....I said ...Did I read that right? I wobbled quickly to the dept and got the first one. No SR credit though! :( I guess timing is everything. I wish you luck on the timing. I agree with April about Christmas ...it will get harder.

MamaO
08-31-2008, 08:36 AM
I didn't realize the Wiifit was that hard to come by! I was thinking about getting one in the next few months. I bet with Christmas coming, it may be even harder to come by.....

Like Sunni, I went to ToysRUs, too, for two Wii's for Christmas gifts for our boys - so no SR credit here either. They advertised Wii and WiiFit in the Sunday paper, and there was a line outside the store before it opened. It was a limit of one each per person but the guy handing out tickets did let me have 2 Wii's. He said the WiiFit was in much shorter supply right now than the Wii.

SunshineGirl
08-31-2008, 08:22 PM
I'll do my best to keep my eyes open and post anytime I see that our merchants have them in stock.

speechteachri
09-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Thanks!!!

m 'n c
09-01-2008, 06:26 PM
Yay!!! I got the Wii on ecost but I couldn't place my order online I was getting an error message so I called and they still had it in stock! If anyone is still looking call them now!

Sunni
09-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Congrats Cat!

luvdisney00
09-03-2008, 03:56 PM
Just got one from Radio Shack, thanks Tricia for the heads up. We've been casually looking for a while, and while the girls haven't asked yet, I think they will and closer to Christmas they will be really hard to find.

By the way, I didn't see anything about free shipping on the SR home page, maybe I was just excited and missed it, but it popped up in my cart and I was happily surprised. Just thought I'd mention it in case that sways anyone to buy it $249.99 and free shipping isn't bad (plus SR credit :love:)

SunshineGirl
09-03-2008, 04:23 PM
It looks like Walmart Online also has wii in stock. Still no word on wii fit.

purdyratt
09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Ok. The Nintendo Wii comes with Wii Sports (Tennis, Baseball, Golf, Bowling and Boxing) for $249.99. Most people buy Wii Play (9 Games, Laser Hockey, Fishing, Table Tennis, Shooting, Tanks, Charge Cow Racing, Find Mii, Pose Mii, Billards) for around $50 for the extra controller and they also buy the extra nunchuck for around $20. The Wii FIT is around $90

-r

deana
09-04-2008, 12:45 AM
does anyone know if I need to buy a charger? (saw it as an option in one of the bundle packages I was looking at...)

missymouse
09-04-2008, 07:31 AM
I take it that is the charger for the Wii motes. It is nice to have rechargable wii motes as they do tend to go through batteries. We have 4 wii motes now two with the rechargable batteries and two with regular. My kids like the color changing silicone skins so you can't put those on the rechargable ones. So it comes down to whether you want to keep a supply of AA batteries in the house.

arob414
09-04-2008, 01:28 PM
I take it that is the charger for the Wii motes. It is nice to have rechargable wii motes as they do tend to go through batteries. We have 4 wii motes now two with the rechargable batteries and two with regular. My kids like the color changing silicone skins so you can't put those on the rechargable ones. So it comes down to whether you want to keep a supply of AA batteries in the house.

My question is can you just use regular rechargeable batteries? We have 2 or 3 chargers that I use for the girls' camera. And, while we only have one remote/nunchuk, we are now the proud owners of 4 colorful skins just waiting to dress remotes/nunchuks as we get more so they would not work on a Wii charger, either.

askomsky
09-04-2008, 01:44 PM
They do work with the chargers you just have to lift the skin off the bottom of the remote to stick it in the charger.

I opted for 2 dual chargers for the 4 remotes instead of batteries. 2 have skins I just lift the bottoms off and stick them in.

missymouse
09-04-2008, 02:13 PM
They do work with the chargers you just have to lift the skin off the bottom of the remote to stick it in the charger.

I opted for 2 dual chargers for the 4 remotes instead of batteries. 2 have skins I just lift the bottoms off and stick them in.

We tried to just lift the bottoms off the skins but couldn't get them to charge. Maybe a different brand of charger. Ours makes contact along the whole back of the remote so we would have had to peel the entire skin off everytime we wanted to recharge.

I think you can use rechargeable batteries that you recharge in a wall charger in the remotes.