PDA

View Full Version : Survey Frustration... Any Ideas?

toystoryduo
07-19-2007, 10:28 AM
For the past two days, I have been trying to get in to do a survey and it keeps telling me that they are experiencing technical difficulties. I see that others have been able to get in to do surveys so I can't figure out why I can't.:confused: I've cleared cookies, browsing history, even shut off and restarted my computer, but with no luck. :( Any ideas?

Elaine
07-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I think I am having the same problem as you.

Elaine

JillyFish
07-19-2007, 10:51 AM
I was getting that same message for a few days. Now I get the "partner site" message. I haven't been able to get into a survey for a week. Very frustrating!!! :computer:

I know others feel they are doing better since Greenfield changed their initial qualification questions, but I don't like it.

I really wish there was a way to figure out why some people get in and some don't. It doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.

I don't see myself getting a survey bonus this month. :(

Elaine
07-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Before yesterday, I had gotten a survey fairly easily every day since the change. I will continue to do them on the other computer I have, but it is inconvenient.

Elaine

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 10:56 AM
What programs are you running to clear out your cookies/history/etc? If you are just using tools->internet options->etc you might not be getting rid of everything.

toystoryduo
07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
What programs are you running to clear out your cookies/history/etc? If you are just using tools->internet options->etc you might not be getting rid of everything.

I do use that to clear out cookies and history, but I also clean them out manually by going to start/run/cookies and then deleting them.

TIAMOMMA
07-19-2007, 11:09 AM
I had the same problem yesterday and discovered that I was okay as long as I used Internet Explorer. It wouldn't allow me to do it on Mozilla Foxfire or AOL. Hope this helps!

Elaine
07-19-2007, 11:29 AM
OMG Thank you TIAMOMMA! I went through Internet explorer and it worked!

Elaine

TIAMOMMA
07-19-2007, 11:36 AM
You're very welcome!!!! I'm glad it worked for you. They must have changed something yesterday when they changed their system. (Boy, the things I can figure out when $.80 is at stakes, :rotfl: )

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 11:42 AM
I've been using ccleaner and its really been helping clear out my history and the hidden cookies. I'm not familar with start->run-> clear cookies so that's a new one.

I have heard that IE is the way to go for the offers and surveys. If you are having issues getting offers to credit give IE a try. I think other browsers have too many things built in to block spyware/adware/cookies that we can't get around.

jnorth1007
07-19-2007, 01:58 PM
One thing you have to remember is that SR is really set up to be used with Internet Explorer only. The other browsers will work sometimes but not always. If you are having issues with any part of SR it is always best to start off by going back to IE.

toystoryduo
07-19-2007, 04:05 PM
I have only been using Internet Explorer.... :confused:

What is ccleaner and where can I get it?

Thanks!

jnorth1007
07-19-2007, 04:14 PM
just google it and it is a download. It is a program that goes through and clears your history and cookies. Seems to work well for most.

toystoryduo
07-19-2007, 04:18 PM
I'll give that a try I guess.... I just tried getting into the surveys again and they are still experiencing technical difficulties. Could it be something with my account? Is anyone else having problems?

toystoryduo
07-19-2007, 05:25 PM
just google it and it is a download. It is a program that goes through and clears your history and cookies. Seems to work well for most.

Thank you Janet and m 'n c!:hugs: It worked! I finally got a survey and it was a less than five minute one to boot!!! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!:cooldance:

Quick question.... How often do you run and update the ccleaner?

jnorth1007
07-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I do it in the morning before I sign on if I dont have anything pending that I am waiting on. If I have things that I am waiting to see post (offers or shopping) then I do it every 2 days or whenever the things post.