PDA

View Full Version : Disneyworld and Bottled Water

kimntrent
07-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Hi All! So do any of you get bottled water and have it delivered to the hotel? If so how?

Kim
________
E-cigarette store (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

m 'n c
07-20-2007, 02:00 AM
I have read on the dis of people ordering through staples. last trip bf and I just split a case between our three suit cases and had no problems. we used zip lock bags to put them in to protect our clothes.

saffymom
07-20-2007, 05:09 AM
We ordered ours through garden grocer, along with some soda and breakfast stuff. I think there was a $10 fee for delivery and that worked out OK. But we ended up with way too much left over!

lisaoh
07-20-2007, 01:07 PM
Last year we ordered it from Staples and it was waiting for us when we arrived.

Hedy
07-20-2007, 01:32 PM
IIRC staples has upped the ordering minimum for free shipping to $50. :(

Mom2aPrincess
07-21-2007, 11:39 PM
We ordered through Staples last summer too, but if there's a 50 limit now, then we'll do one of the grocery deliveries too in December. I LIKED having it. Having never been in December don't know if it would be as important then, but I don't know how we'd have made it last July!

llgray16
07-22-2007, 06:53 PM
I have ordered from Staples twice in the past and will order thru them again in Sept. Since there is no longer free shipping for orders under $50, I will also order an ink cartridge for my printer (since it is small and lightweight to fit in my suitcase) to go over $50 and get free shipping and some $ back thru SR :)

Kycha
07-22-2007, 08:44 PM
I ordered through Staples last year. Don't forget they also have snack items you can add to your order to get to $50. We got a case of water, a container of Twizzlers, and a container of pretzels. They also have boxes of cereal bars, gum, and all kinds of stuff.

Mom2aPrincess
07-22-2007, 10:16 PM
I have ordered from Staples twice in the past and will order thru them again in Sept. Since there is no longer free shipping for orders under $50, I will also order an ink cartridge for my printer (since it is small and lightweight to fit in my suitcase) to go over $50 and get free shipping and some $ back thru SR :)

That's a good idea. I think I'm taking my photo printer so I may just order the ink/paper package for it.

VanniGirl
07-23-2007, 11:17 AM
I ordered through Staples last year. Don't forget they also have snack items you can add to your order to get to $50. We got a case of water, a container of Twizzlers, and a container of pretzels. They also have boxes of cereal bars, gum, and all kinds of stuff.

That is a good idea!!

The Cheshire Cat
07-26-2007, 02:06 PM
Last year we did Garden grocer. It was a great service and nice to have the munchies in our room. I'd do them again if needed.

bs4free
08-01-2007, 03:31 PM
When we went the first time we brought 4 suite cases full of water! Not easy to get to airport!, Then we Orderd from staples, That had Free Shipping on water then. Now we will be Ordering again from staples, just ordering $50 in water to get our free shipping. It will be 5 people for 15 days so we figured based on size of water and how much we drink a day at the parks it we would need about 8-9 Cases which brings us right to the magic $50 mark but if we had a much shorter trip we might have just packed our own, or added extras to our staples order!

3dog2kidmom
08-02-2007, 07:36 AM
We ordered from Staples last month. Even paying for shipping, $14 for a case beats the equivalent of $48 for a case paying $2 per bottle.

Next time we are driving from the Clearwater airport so will stop at a store and buy some provisions before returning the car at Downtown Disney.

elsabear
08-09-2007, 10:50 PM
I used Garden Grocer last December when we also needed other items including soda, fresh fruit, muffins etc. -- very good service and the delivery charge was reasonable for a large order.
I just used Staples this past week when DH & I got away to POR for our first trip without kids in 9 years :) I teach part time at a college and registered for teachers rewards (no verification needed - you can use the # immediately) so I still received free shipping with no minimum. Water was there waiting for us. Word of advice with Staples though - I had a scare with them - my package was suppose to be delivered last Friday (according to the site by 5pm) as of 9 pm it was still showing in transit - I called Staples and was told that they have independent couriers in Florida and that they are often unreliable and that I would probably not get the order till Monday. I asked them to cancel it as I was only going from Sun to Wed and if it came late on Monday 1/2 the trip would be over. Turns out the courier showed up at POR at Midnight! (lucky for me the cancellation hadn't gone through!) Next time I would request delivery on Thursday so I had another day to play with!

Mom2aPrincess
08-10-2007, 01:18 AM
I used Garden Grocer last December when we also needed other items including soda, fresh fruit, muffins etc. -- very good service and the delivery charge was reasonable for a large order.
I just used Staples this past week when DH & I got away to POR for our first trip without kids in 9 years :) I teach part time at a college and registered for teachers rewards (no verification needed - you can use the # immediately) so I still received free shipping with no minimum. Water was there waiting for us. Word of advice with Staples though - I had a scare with them - my package was suppose to be delivered last Friday (according to the site by 5pm) as of 9 pm it was still showing in transit - I called Staples and was told that they have independent couriers in Florida and that they are often unreliable and that I would probably not get the order till Monday. I asked them to cancel it as I was only going from Sun to Wed and if it came late on Monday 1/2 the trip would be over. Turns out the courier showed up at POR at Midnight! (lucky for me the cancellation hadn't gone through!) Next time I would request delivery on Thursday so I had another day to play with!

Oh I'm so glad to hear about the teacher program still having free shipping. That's what my membership is anyways! yea. Looks like I can still order water through staples and have free shipping!! :)

lisaoh
08-10-2007, 07:01 AM
Has anyone boxed their water and check it as luggage?

bs4free
08-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Has anyone boxed their water and check it as luggage?

I have loaded Several suite cases to to 50lb max limit!
Just make sure they are bottled watter with a strong bottle and cap or they will leak under their own weight!

Yes you can check it in as luggage!

It was funny watching the tsa agent lift this little bag that had 47lb of water in it, I think it suprised him!

Tiggerific711
07-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Has anyone ordered water from Office Depot and had it shipped to their resort?

pbhall13
07-20-2008, 08:38 PM
I always use staples for my water delivery (try to order it a week out from your arrival date (that way it will be there for you and the front desk of your hotel will hold it for you)

I was also going to mention the teacher rewards card.....that is what I do (sometimes it is a pain ordering on line so I have had to forgo SR credit and just order using 800#)

Pamela

arob414
07-20-2008, 10:12 PM
Ordered thru Costco, in May. Just checked price. You can get 24 count 1/2 liter, shipped, for $7.80. Had it delivered to our hotel POFQ. Of course, it turned out that Disney had the little 8oz bottles and they worked better for DD10 carrying hers in her baggallini. She is a Kool Aid drinker and she was the big reason I wanted the water. So, we left water. :o

Mom2aPrincess
07-21-2008, 12:02 AM
I always use Staples too. I love my teacher's rewards account. Not only do I get free shipping, but I also get 25 of their sale items even when the store limit is like 2 or 3. :banana: