PDA

View Full Version : most romantic thing to do...

loretta32965
09-02-2008, 12:08 PM
I've never been to Disney. 18 of our family members are going to Disney in Oct. I am hoping to sneek away for an evening with DBF without the kids. His youngest is 15 so we really have no time constraints. Where is the most romantic place to spend time with your guy? I was thinking of a non-character dinner at :D:pat the castle, or maybe a dinner cruise with visible fireworks. We usually don't celebrate anniversaries because for some reason, it's not a big hoopla event for him. BUT, he's not getting out of it this time!:rotfl::D:. Money is kinda tight, but thanks to SR, my earned Disney cards can help there, if they take them. Do they? I have 6 years worth of anniversaries to collect! ;). Thanks a ton!

fourfoxesinpa
09-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I've never been but believe dinner at Victoria and Albert's would be a wonderful way to celebrate.

OR, what about a couples treatment at one of the spas?

Whatever you choose, have a very special time with DBF!

Magical JenK
09-02-2008, 02:25 PM
Cali Grill is a great way to celebrate an anniversary. You can watch the fireworks from the restaurant or the balcony! Not sure where you're staying, but POFQ has carriage rides. That would be romantic!

Have fun earning & planning!!

jl8595
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Cali Grill is a great way to celebrate an anniversary. You can watch the fireworks from the restaurant or the balcony!

I was just going to suggest the California Grill. It's 100% pure Disney romance, LOL! Eating on the 13th floor of the Contemporary, overlooking Space Mountain, Cindy's Castle, the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. And of course the food is wonderful too. Happy planning - sounds like fun!!

loretta32965
09-02-2008, 03:23 PM
I wonder if it's conceivable to do a spa treatment and take a carriage ride to Cali Grill for a late dinner with fireworks. I LOVE that idea! Any more suggestions? I'll just plan to collect 6 year's worth of worth anniversaries in 2 nights! :D It'll :probably be a few years before I will be able to get back to Disney:eek: so I want to make it memorable. I'll have to "click" a little faster. :type: Thanks again!

Loretta

loretta32965
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I think we've got a plan. It sounds perfect! It's everything I could ask for!

loretta32965
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
I'll be there the week of the 12th of Oct. through the 18th. Should I reserve this soon? Is there a better day of week to reserve?

Magical JenK
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM
I wonder if it's conceivable to do a spa treatment and take a carriage ride to Cali Grill for a late dinner with fireworks. I LOVE that idea! Any more suggestions? I'll just plan to collect 6 year's worth of worth anniversaries in 2 nights! :D It'll :probably be a few years before I will be able to get back to Disney:eek: so I want to make it memorable. I'll have to "click" a little faster. :type: Thanks again!

Loretta

It does sound great, but unfortunately the carriage ride doesn't go around Disney...just around Port Orleans French Quarter...sorry I wasn't more clear on that.

schaery
09-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Artist Pointe at WL is a great place to eat - but a bit pricey if that's a consideration. Watching Wishes from the beach at the Poly is pretty romantic (and free), or doing a Wishes Cruise. You can rent a Sea-Raycer at POR and cruise down the Sassagoula River. You've gotten lots of great suggestions to choose from everyone.

fourfoxesinpa
09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
The podcast team @ the disboards just did a great review of artist point

http://www.wdwinfo.com/reviews/DisneyArtistPointReview.htm

ligrumpygirl
09-02-2008, 09:17 PM
I think we've got a plan. It sounds perfect! It's everything I could ask for!

What is the plan??

I'll be there the week of the 12th of Oct. through the 18th. Should I reserve this soon? Is there a better day of week to reserve?

Reserve what?? If it is a restaurant, you have to do it now. There is a chance what you want is not available and you will need to come up with something else. Most people book at 180 days out.