PDA

View Full Version : Travelocity

MooseBrains
09-02-2008, 06:57 PM
I have not gotten credit on my last 3 purchases and no response at all from the merchants despite I have the receipts.

So today when my boss wanted me to make a flight with hotel I started and then closed all windows and came to SR. I don't normally make purchases here since I don't get paid but I thought 1 more try.

So wish me luck with this purchase on Travelocity. I should get about $50 in bonus money if it works but I am not very hopeful.

MdCaterer
09-02-2008, 07:01 PM
I wish you luck, but it should be more than that if you are buying through SR you should be getting the credits!!

SunshineGirl
09-02-2008, 07:23 PM
I have not gotten credit on my last 3 purchases and no response at all from the merchants despite I have the receipts.

So today when my boss wanted me to make a flight with hotel I started and then closed all windows and came to SR. I don't normally make purchases here since I don't get paid but I thought 1 more try.

So wish me luck with this purchase on Travelocity. I should get about $50 in bonus money if it works but I am not very hopeful.

Do you normally make your purchases from home but made this one from work?

m 'n c
09-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Are you filing trouble tickets at all for travelocity? Angie has a pretty good success rate if you file TTs for merchants and follow proper procedures.

missangie
09-02-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh, I am so sorry you've had trouble with Travelocity. I thought maybe I could help by reviewing your trouble tickets again, but I don't see any on your account for Travelocity. Surely with three missed credits, you would have reported the trouble??

sunshinecindy
09-02-2008, 08:18 PM

Having a receipt for a purchase doesnt mean that you had your cookies allowed, that you didn't search the net first or visit the site before you placed your order, that you were properly logged in or a dozen other things that could have gone wrong with your tracking in order to get credit through SR. We have a great success rate for credits and 99% of time when the credit is not given to us by the merchants, its for a legit reason.

jl8595
09-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Having a receipt for a purchase doesnt mean that you had your cookies allowed, that you didn't search the net first or visit the site before you placed your order, that you were properly logged in or a dozen other things that could have gone wrong with your tracking in order to get credit through SR. We have a great success rate for credits and 99% of time when the credit is not given to us by the merchants, its for a legit reason.

I'll second this - your computer settings might be wrong. In all my time shopping through SR (well over a year), I've gotten all but 1 purchase to credit...and that TT is still being investigated, so it may still credit. Be sure to read through the shopping sticky again to refresh yourself on the ins and outs of shopping. If you follow those guidelines, you shouldn't have a problem.

I can't quite tell from your post if you're unhappy with Travelocity or SR merchants in general. If it's a problem specific to Travelocity, then you should file TT's so Angie can look into it - I know other people have posted getting their Travelocity credits without a problem. If it's a problem with all SR merchants, then you should REALLY check your computer's settings because I don't share your problem at all and I think mayhem would break out if others did as well. Good luck!

MooseBrains
09-03-2008, 10:05 AM
WAIT!

I don't have a problem with travelocity yet. I have not gotten credits on my past 3 purchases that I made from home. I did file TT but the merchants didn't respond.

So I thought since I was at work and my boss wanted a flight and hotel to go through SR and see if I get credit this time. But if I do it will be a bonus.

NO problems yet and I am hopeful but just ask for good thoughts on this one. Sorry for the confusion, I was in pain yesterday and I didn't realize how mixed up my post came out.

MooseBrains
09-03-2008, 10:09 AM
Oh, I am so sorry you've had trouble with Travelocity. I thought maybe I could help by reviewing your trouble tickets again, but I don't see any on your account for Travelocity. Surely with three missed credits, you would have reported the trouble??

I did fill out trouble tickets and I know you did all you could. The merchants didn't respond and you can't make them respond. It is ok. I was just saying that I was going to give shopping a try again and tried travelocity. Sorry for the confusion.

I had DH check our computer settings and he says were good. I have gotten a bunch of $$ to go to Disney from Surveys and offers. I am so happy, so shopping doesn't work for me. I am still going to Disney and thanks to SR I have a lot of $$

SunshineGirl
09-03-2008, 10:13 AM
I did fill out trouble tickets and I know you did all you could. The merchants didn't respond and you can't make them respond. It is ok. I was just saying that I was going to give shopping a try again and tried travelocity. Sorry for the confusion.

I had DH check our computer settings and he says were good. I have gotten a bunch of $$ to go to Disney from Surveys and offers. I am so happy, so shopping doesn't work for me. I am still going to Disney and thanks to SR I have a lot of $$

I think there is definitely something wrong with your home computer and shopping cookies because it looks like your travelocity from work came through just fine.

MooseBrains
09-03-2008, 02:54 PM
Holy Crap did it come through! $64.14 into my account. Thanks SR.

So now I have to ask, what should we be looking at on the home computer to fix it so I can return to SR for shopping?

mirandag819
09-03-2008, 02:54 PM

So now I have to ask, what should we be looking at on the home computer to fix it so I can return to SR for shopping?

WOW! 64.14, that must have been a huge order you placed at work!

MooseBrains
09-03-2008, 02:59 PM
It was for only 1 of my bosses and he wanted a RT flight to NYC and hotel. Yes it was huge order and I am so happy.

Also I know the problem is my home computer and just knowing that makes me feel better.

sunshinecindy
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM

If you do a search in the forum you will find all kinds of things that can be wrong, then have your DH check to make sure that the problems are taken care of, do a test shop and that will tell us if its fixed.