PDA

View Full Version : School Text Book??

ItsmeSunnyV
07-20-2007, 04:25 PM
wheres the best place I can find my hubbys text book and actually get credit for it? Anything out there? My HuB has to buy a pretty expensive text book, and I'd like to get credit for it. Anyone know? Do we get credit for Half.com? :confused:
Ohhh Tricia or Janet, I need help! :)

jnorth1007
07-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Have you tried Abebooks? It says they carry new and used textbooks. Ill keep looking for more.

jnorth1007
07-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Alibris also says you can order textbooks.

m 'n c
07-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I thought I saw a textbook company just added the other day. ecampus maybe. Otherwise check Amazon.com for used textbooks and use the SR link. You can't earn for it but you can help to fund the forum game nights. I'm not sure about half.com. You might be able to get credit if you go through ebay but I'm not really sure so I wouldn't do it unless you were ok with not possibly getting credit. I think Tricia said something once about they were separate and might have separate affiliate links.

jnorth1007
07-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Barnes & Noble or Books a million? LOL Im in the b's now.

m 'n c
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Just checked ecampus is earn 3% back.

on a side note I bought most of my books online throughout college. The only time I had an issue was when I bought one from textbook exchange. My seller sent me a slip of paper and they were dragging their feet on refunding me so I had to get my cc involved to get a refund. They wanted me to try and contact the seller and all this other junk when that person's feedback was massive for the same time period of people getting the same thing as me.

jnorth1007
07-20-2007, 04:37 PM
ecampus !!!!!! (sorry needed a longer sentence)

Hedy
07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
wheres the best place I can find my hubbys text book and actually get credit for it? Anything out there? My HuB has to buy a pretty expensive text book, and I'd like to get credit for it. Anyone know? Do we get credit for Half.com? :confused:
Ohhh Tricia or Janet, I need help! :)

Bump for Tricia. Check ebay-sometimes people xlist with Half.

ItsmeSunnyV
07-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks guys for helping me out. The book cost $125 and most of the sites that you guys have mentioned, it's costing about $100 and up. But I was able to find it on half.com, for $85. So I think my Hubby would have a cow if I ordered it for more just to get some rewards. LOL:rotfl: I see that Half.com has an affilate program. But I know Tricia's super busy. So I think Im gonna have to suck it up and make purchase, and realize I cant get rewards for everything I buy. LOL:p Thanks Guys!

SunshineGirl
07-20-2007, 04:52 PM
Yea. Half.com and ebay are separate programs run by the same people and we got approved for one but not the other. LOL! Of course, I had to jump on their cases via email a few times to get into ebay.

ecampus is brand new. If you end up finding something that you want there, shoot me a trouble ticket and I'll see if I can get you a better percentage back for it.

m 'n c
07-20-2007, 05:02 PM
When does he need it by? I find that if you wait closer to when school starts that more people will list things online. It might be worth it to wait it out a few more days. Also media mail has never taken more than a week for me.

ItsmeSunnyV
07-20-2007, 05:18 PM
He's already started class. :rotfl: Can you tell we do everything last minute. lol. No Im kidding, we just werent sure if we were going to have the funds to pay for his LAST class. WoOoO HooOOO...after almost 7 years of school. We've been paying for it ourselves and have the grey hairs to prove it. LOL.:rotfl: But YEAH he's almost done. :cooldance:

coastalgirl
07-20-2007, 05:25 PM
What is he going to school for?

Lydia

ItsmeSunnyV
07-20-2007, 05:35 PM
network management, telecommunications major....Somethin' like that...:rotfl: When he talks to me about it, I pretend to understand. I just understand computer networking.

coastalgirl
07-20-2007, 06:04 PM
:rotfl:
OK, that is just way to funny! I am still laughing!!

Lydia

ItsmeSunnyV
07-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Put it this way, the other day I looked it up on salary.com with him, and it sounded GOOD TO ME! :rotfl: Right now he is supporting us on a 1/4 of what he'll make when he's done with school. LOL I look at it as I might eventually make to :mickey:DISNEY WORLD:minnie: !! We've been together since I was 16, so it's not like thats the only reason I'm with him, I see it as, He's reimbursing me for all the Tylenol I've had to buy with his headaches when he was a young boy. LOL