PDA

View Full Version : Sunshiner's help me decide...best cookies and brownies?

Pooh's Pal
09-12-2008, 04:13 PM
Ok folks, I need some help....I want to send my daughter's two friends some cookies and brownies for their upcoming birthdays. Both of them love cookies and brownies. So my question to you all is...who out of the above 4 SR merchants has the best cookies and brownies? I've heard rave reviews on all....but come on, tell me the bestest of the best! :D

SO.....
COOKIES WHICH COMPANY?
BROWNIES WHICH COMPANY?
COMBO WHICH COMPANY?

They are both in colleges in Western Massachusetts if that makes a difference in shipping times etc.

Hedy
09-12-2008, 04:14 PM
I don't know where DD's friends are located, but I sent my friend Dancing deer since they're located in MA. Although the person I sent Cheryl and Co to liked them as well.

sunshinecindy
09-12-2008, 04:18 PM
Thats funny is I'm sitting here eating a Davids brownie when I see this and can't help but think how decadent these brownies are, but I love the Dancing Deer Molasses, but that I think is a more personal taste. And Cheryl and Co, oh, the Cheryl ohs are to die for. HTH

disney_girl
09-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Cheryl & Co iced cookies melt in your mouth!! I'm itching to buy some for us!!

jenvance
09-12-2008, 04:30 PM
The David's cookie Choc Chip Cookie cake is absolutely AMAZING, especially heated up!

wilsonfamily4
09-12-2008, 04:32 PM
This is funny. Are you really getting any help?! Sounds like everything is good. GOOD LUCK

missymouse
09-12-2008, 04:39 PM
I haven't tried 3 out of the 4. I did try some Dancing Deer and we were not as impressed as everyone else. We thought the brownies we got were dry and crumbly and the cookies (not Cindy's Molasses ones) were very bland with no taste and also dry and hard. So I can't really be of much help. I am looking forward to seeing which ones win. I might have to think about trying the other 3 places. I just have a hard time spending that amount of money on cookies and brownies when I like the ones I make or buy at Costco perfectly fine.

SunshineGirl
09-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Tough call. David's Cookies are the "homemade" type so if they are away from home, those have a comfy feeling. Right now, David's is the best deal with free shipping and our coupon. After that, Cheryl and Co would be the best deal.

For combos, I would say Cheryl and Co or that Try Me combo that is in Cindy's video from David's.

Dancing Deer seems a little more "adult" to me for some reason. Cheryl and Co and David's are a little more "fun."

Pooh's Pal
09-12-2008, 05:46 PM
that Try Me combo that is in Cindy's video from David's.

Okay, One down....I ordered that Try Me Combo(looked delish in the videoblog!) for her buddy at UMass. I know she'll love it. Now for the other. AND of course DD just phoned and said she wanted one too...My answer: How Does it feel to Want...... :rotfl:

fourfoxesinpa
09-19-2008, 01:45 PM
I had one of the Dancing Deer brownies on a NW flight and, OMG, it was TO DIE FOR! It was very chocolately, had nuts and was soooooo moist. Delish!