PDA

View Full Version : Mac users & DS problems...an answer

Iteach
09-14-2008, 05:54 PM
I went to visit my DS this weekend and took my computer along. It took him about 5 minutes to figure out what probably is the Mac problem with daily surveys and I think he is absolutely right. Bear with me as I try to explain.

Those using a Mac (or any computer) with Intel processors are able to do surveys, those that are using a computer with a Power PC processor, which is what they were before Intel are NOT able to do surveys. Intel processors started with the 2005 Macs. My Mac is 3 years old and has the PC processor. DS had 3 Mac laptops at his house, all newer then mine with Intel processors. I tried all 3 and could get right into the surveys.

The Macs that have Intel processors are:
Macbook, Macbook Pro, Intel imac, Mac Pro and Intel Mac Mini

The Macs that have PC processors are:
Power Mac G4, Power Mac G5, imac G4, imac G5, ibook (which is what I have), Powerbook, Power PC and Mac Mini

So, GF must have changed something that no longer allows anyone with a computer that has PC processors to not be able to access daily surveys, which of course also means that you can't do a super member survey either.

So, there you have it. I really am confident that we have the answer. I am hoping that maybe Tricia can talk to SR's greenfield rep and see if there's anything that can be done.

mollyeilis
09-15-2008, 12:57 PM
Yay for DS! That certainly matches my experience, as I have an intel based.

:hugs:

goofy08
09-16-2008, 08:23 AM
That's not it for me. I have an Intel (a very new Intel, at that) and they still don't work for me.

lurkyloo
09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I have an Intel processor too - still no surveys for me... :(