PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances?

fanofree
09-15-2008, 01:04 PM
I did both a SM and and an OTX survey last night - 9:00 to 10:00. Neither one credited! I got congrats screens for both. Talk about frustrating!

I know my computer was acting very strange yesterday - I think it is about to die. Pages load in weird formats, mouse disappears, wallpaper changes without anyone changing it....

Would a dieing hard drive affect crediting?

cglaura
09-15-2008, 02:25 PM
That sounds like it might be your video card or video card driver. Are you having any other issues like the computer shutting down on it's own?

This happened to me last year and I went through all sorts of things trying to fix, new hd, new memory, and in the end it turned out my video card was overheating, even though I clean out / blow / suck dust out of the computer monthly.

But with all the graphics issues it sounds like a video card thing.

Have you run a virus and spyware scan recently?

But to answer, I wouldn't think that would change getting credits, other than it was making your computer on / offline while the cookie was trying to be set or found.

I just had a bunch of Window's updates, did you? Did you check to make sure all your cookie settings are still accepting?

fanofree
09-15-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm using a 8 or so year old laptop - it is on it's last legs. Doesn't have a video card, all on the mother board. My cookies are OK. Possibly the 'net is cutting in and out. I run CCleaner all the time. I have McAfee, but that isn't new.

I've just never had these two not credit. I just did an another OTX. Trying to decide whether or not to invest time in a SM until I know if it was a fluke.

Thanks for your help.

fanofree
09-16-2008, 07:05 AM
OK - Last nights OTX didn't credit. Any other ideas of what I could look at as far as computer settings?