PDA

View Full Version : BLT Officially Announced!

PSL1013
09-16-2008, 09:49 AM
Did anyone else get the DVC official annoucement on Bay Lake Tower? It will be previewed on the Travel Channel on 9/18 at 8pm too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1DV6r1Nk54

m4travels
09-16-2008, 10:25 AM
I didn't get the announcement but did see it on the other site. I know it's close to MK and everything but I'm really liking the thought of the Treehouse Villas over at SSR as well. That will be intriguing. And the Grand California will be announced shortly as well.

Good thing I'm starting to get my CC debt in order........

disney_girl
09-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I know a lot of people will be thrilled with this!! I want to do an add on, but we haven't discussed where yet. I LOVE the Grand Californian...just wish that darn airfare was cheaper or we lived closer!!

m4travels
09-16-2008, 10:40 AM
The villas for the Grand California are wonderful (of course, this is only my opinion, YMMV). The one-bedrooms have 2 full bathrooms. The living room has a murphy bed in addition to the pull-out sofa. For those of you ever in the D'land area head on over to the sales center and check it out!

disney_girl
09-16-2008, 10:43 AM
We are actually trying to plan a trip there for February if the airfare will cooperate a little! We have stayed at the Grand Californian twice and absolutely love it- DH can't get me to stay anywhere else now!! So, now I just need to start convincing him we need some points out there!:)

bbangel
09-16-2008, 11:55 AM
I've been waiting for the Grand Californian to do an add on. Of course now I may be moving to the east coast so may change my mind. :rotfl: I like the sound of the treehouses too, but am wondering if they will just add it to SSR.

m4travels
09-16-2008, 01:43 PM
....I like the sound of the treehouses too, but am wondering if they will just add it to SSR.

I think it will just be another "part" of SSR. Very interesting day..... Won't be home to watch the Travel Channel on Thursday so will have to record it, I guess.

missymouse
09-16-2008, 02:03 PM
I am more excited about the Treehouse announcement than the BLT announcement. I have been thinking of adding on at SSR and this just might do it.

Hedy
09-16-2008, 02:13 PM
w00t! I'm excited about both, even though I don't own DVC. :banana::banana:

amykmi
09-16-2008, 05:29 PM
I'm so excited about this! Dh and I just called and added on! And since it's opening next September, we're going to change my September 40th b-day trip from the GF to the BLT. I'm going to be counting down 'til March 1st when we can make our reservation!! :banana::cooldance::banana:

Mom2aPrincess
09-17-2008, 05:22 PM
I love the idea of the treehouses too.....I don't own but if I had the financial means right now, having the ability to stay at them would be the incentive I needed to buy.

~Kathie
09-17-2008, 05:48 PM
I've stayed at the Contemporary so staying there as DVC is going to be great.

Not sure about the Tree House Villas. I am glad they are doing something with them. Recently they were using them as residences for the College program. That seemed strange to me.

I can't wait to tour both.