PDA

View Full Version : The secret is out!!

ligrumpygirl
09-25-2008, 06:02 PM
That's right...we had the treaure hunt today!! The screams from DH AND DD were LOUD!!

I will post pictures and details tonight! Just happy the secret is out...unforunately I still have to wait 282 for my cruise!

wilsonfamily4
09-25-2008, 06:10 PM
So why did you choose today to let it out? How cool. I love these types of stories!

bbangel
09-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Can't wait to see!
Did they have any trouble following the clues?

ligrumpygirl
09-25-2008, 06:14 PM
So why did you choose today to let it out? How cool. I love these types of stories!

Just couldn't hold it in anymore!!!

Can't wait to see!
Did they have any trouble following the clues?

They loved them! Just challenging enough to read twice but Emily was able to get every answer. I will post them all later also after the kids are in bed.

ligrumpygirl
09-25-2008, 08:45 PM
OK here we go...

Today I left Charlie text messages that he had a mission after work to get Jack's haircut and then pick up Emily. That left me time to put the clues around the house.

Megan helped me write clues the other day. I printed them out on cardstock and ripped them out. Then I went over the paper with a teabag to give it an old look. Did the same thing with the map.

I left a map on the kitchen table to get them to the first clue and the "props"
(Thank you Traci!!!)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/CruiseNews001-1.jpg

To find the treasure, follow the clues, the first one can be found someplace chilly now don?t act silly! (This clue brought them to the freezer - and Jack to a snack! He didn't want to play anymore!)

You found the first clue, you know what to do, find the next one in a place that?s fun ? and Charlie has spent a ton! (This brought them to the basement with Charlie's big screen tv and video games)

You are well on your way, don?t lose your cool, find the third clue in something you use for school! (To Emily's school bag - I almost forgot to put the clue there because I was so excited!)

For clue number four, go back to the second floor, where there are princesses galore. (To the kids bathroom -it is still princesses but that will change soon!)

The end is in sight?you will finish tonight?find the fifth note where you hang up a coat. (Coat closet)

One more to go, don?t stop now. Look high and lo where Jack is always told no! (Living Room couch - Jack loves to climb on it and I must say no a thousand time - Can you say TERRIBLE TWOS!?)

All along, Charlie and Emily worked together on the clues...Charlie couldn't keep up with Emily (think he twisted his knee whoops!). Finally they found the treasure box. (I didn't take pictures of the clues and box yet...will do it tomorrow.)

Here are the pictures from the "reveal" (they opened the box and found Disney Cruise luggage tags...a postcard giving the date of the cruise...and a book/DVD about the cruise.)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/CruiseNews005.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/CruiseNews004.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/CruiseNews006.jpg

At each clue, I placed 3 chocolate coins in the shape of a mickey head. Emily said she noticed it but didn't say anything...Charlie didn't notice!

Oh and here is Jack with the pirate Goofy ears: (he wasn't happy with them!)

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q11/nprincessy/CruiseNews007.jpg

This was so much fun to do - I just had to tell because I couldn't hold it in anymore!! Now I don't know how I am going to wait the long 9 months until the cruise itself!! I need a Disney fix!

Magical JenK
09-25-2008, 10:05 PM
OMG! I love it! What a great job! You can SEE Charlie's excitement in the photo! Too fun! I'm glad the clues were big hits!! LOVE the idea of the chocolates!! So did they have ANY idea prior to the last one?? LOVE it! I think that's great! Good job Janet!!

disney_girl
09-25-2008, 10:42 PM
That's awesome Janet!!! You can just see their excitement!! Great job on the treasure hunt!

bbangel
09-25-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh what fun you guys had! The look on his face is priceless.

schaery
09-25-2008, 11:01 PM
That was such a great idea. I couldn't have kept the secret either.

pbhall13
09-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Janet

That was such a good treasure hunt for them.....and what a treasure to find! I love the look on Charlie and Emily's face when they figured it out.....priceless.

spring
09-26-2008, 06:44 AM
Janet, I LOVE it!! What a great job you did. The pictures are truly priceless! Thanks for sharing!:clap::clap::clap:

3dog2kidmom
09-26-2008, 07:35 AM
How exciting, Janet!! Love your clues and the photos are great!

linanglab
09-27-2008, 05:59 AM
That was so fun! I am glad the surprise went off without a hitch!

askomsky
09-27-2008, 08:02 AM
Those pictures are just priceless! Great job what an awesome surprise!

mirandag819
09-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Janet, those pictures are great. I am sure everyone is still floating on cloud 9! I would love to do something like that one day. You and Megan did a great job with the clues! I love it!

wilsonfamily4
09-27-2008, 11:47 AM
you have inspired me. I think I will try to save money up and someday surprise my family. It looks so fun! What a great memory you have given your family!