PDA

View Full Version : need to whine for a sec

wilsonfamily4
07-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I just have to whine. :( I cashed out yesterday for Wendys 10.00 gift card and today it is at 9.00! I did not know that other gift cards would be cheaper today besides Disney or I could have waited.

Okay done. You all can sympathize wanting to save 1.00. :)

jnorth1007
07-25-2007, 03:40 PM
LOL This is a warning for everyone. NEVER cash out for anything in the week leading up to cashout. Not only do you have the opportunity to maybe get some great deals but you also never know what Tricia will throw in there LOL

wilsonfamily4
07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
Truthfully I thought I was helping Tricia. I thought I would cash out yesterday so she wouldn't have to worry about my card on top of ALL the ones she would get today. No more being nice. :)

~Kathie
07-25-2007, 04:09 PM
No more being nice. :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Candi
07-25-2007, 04:38 PM
I was thinking of getting one of those but wasn't sure if it was a special price or sale price. MMM, do I save for more disney money or do Wendy's??? We love Wendys.

lrsellars
07-25-2007, 04:48 PM
MMM, do I save for more disney money or do Wendy's??? We love Wendys.

I ask myself this question every time I think of cashing out for any other gift card than Disney. It's so expensive to go there for a family of 5 so I really appreciate anything that don't make me feel so broke when we leave. We live 3.5 hours from Disney and want to go often but just haven't been able to lately.

wilsonfamily4
07-25-2007, 04:51 PM
I actually did the wendys card for my husband. He loves to eat lunch out but sometimes we run out of money at the end of our pay period. So I thought I would get this and then surprise him with it when we come upon one of those times. :)

I also go back and forth on is this for disney or can I get something else. I am starting to tell myself that it is fun to do other things during the year too. So special surprises or dates can come out of SR money too. Just not too much. :)

SunshineGirl
07-25-2007, 04:53 PM
I actually did the wendys card for my husband. He loves to eat lunch out but sometimes we run out of money at the end of our pay period. So I thought I would get this and then surprise him with it when we come upon one of those times.

That is just about the sweetest thing that I have ever heard. You get your dollar back.

m 'n c
07-25-2007, 04:54 PM
I go through the same dilema. Do I want to eat out, buy makeup or get disney money. I think I've decided that when I start doing all my xmas shopping that I will put a small amount aside and get a non-disney gift card. we'll see how that goes though. ;)

destny72
07-25-2007, 04:55 PM
Are the Wendeys cards only for people who a super members

wilsonfamily4
07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Tricia. Thank you, but don't feel like you have to. I guess I should have waited to see what was going on today. I have been around long enough to know better.

M n' C --I was talking about doing that, getting some Christmas cards but My husband said No way. That this is Disney money. :) So even though the practical side of me says this is a great way not to spend money at Christmas I have to listen to my husband. :) haha. It is so hard to do. Save for Disney. :) Rough.
Although I guess I did not listen to him because I cashed out for giftcertificates.com and got some stocking stuffer gift cards. :) OOPS. hehe

mollyeilis
07-25-2007, 06:38 PM
That is just about the sweetest thing that I have ever heard. You get your dollar back.

:sun:

Now THAT is the sweetest thing I've read. I just knew you were going to do that.... (why is there no tears of joy emoticon on here, I'm literally spilling a tear or two)

wilsonfamily4
07-25-2007, 06:45 PM
:sun:

Now THAT is the sweetest thing I've read. I just knew you were going to do that.... (why is there no tears of joy emoticon on here, I'm literally spilling a tear or two)

THANK YOU TRICIA! She is right. Tears are flowing. :) THANKS. Thanks Thanks

Lisaj68
07-25-2007, 07:02 PM

See?? This is why :heart: this site!!

SunshineGirl
07-25-2007, 07:08 PM
What can I say? I am a romantic at heart. LOL! :heart:

Candi
07-25-2007, 08:46 PM
AWWW, know he can have his salad at Wendy's. :cooldance: I am going to ask dh if he thinks I should get the Wendy card or save for Disney. I think he will say to save for Disney.

wilsonfamily4
07-26-2007, 10:44 AM
AWWW, know he can have his salad at Wendy's. :cooldance: I am going to ask dh if he thinks I should get the Wendy card or save for Disney. I think he will say to save for Disney.

How you know my husband! He most talk about them too often. I was lucky and the other day he had bought his salad and then his boss asked to take him out to lunch so he brought the salad home to me! YUMMY.

Candi
07-26-2007, 10:58 AM
I have only known him forever. He has talked about it a few times. YAY! Must be nice to have such a great boss who takes him out so often. Does he get the same kind or try different ones? They are good. I went through the Wendy's drive-thru when Trevor was sick and I took him to the dr. I was very disappointed that they no longer have the Frescattas. I was looking forward to one. :(

TtownAnne
07-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I'm jealous you got to cash something out - I think I'm missing some key feature here and am starting to realize without shopping every single day it's going to take me about 127 years to earn a worthwhile amount. :( I might reach a whole $6 by the time we go to Disney in November.

Candi
07-26-2007, 11:27 AM
I have only shopped one time at Target and earned about 35 cents. I do offers and surveys. I also do paid clicks and paid emails. I only really started doing this the middle of May and have now earned over $150.

wilsonfamily4
07-26-2007, 12:43 PM
I'm jealous you got to cash something out - I think I'm missing some key feature here and am starting to realize without shopping every single day it's going to take me about 127 years to earn a worthwhile amount. :( I might reach a whole $6 by the time we go to Disney in November.

I am not sure how new you are to SR but I know when I started it took me a few months to really get a feel for this. I rarely shop, though I did today, but I do the emails, and offers. I only occasionally do a credit card offer as I prefer to make total free money with no stress. I do a few surveys a month. I know if I did more surveys I would make more money. Really .40 and .50 cents for offers does add up over time. I also did blockbuster, zooba, vistaprint, and the photo developing sites for bigger credits. If you need some help you really we all would love to help you figure out the right way to make money for you.

By the way Vista print is a great place to start. There stuff is so good and you can make money!

Kycha
07-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I agree with the previous posters. I have been doing SR since the end of April and cashed out for the $200 gift card yesterday. I don't do any shopping. I did do the blockbuster offer and the vista print offer. But, other than that, every cent I earned was through free signups, scratchoff, clicks and the bulk of my earnings is definitely the daily surveys. So, if I can do it, you definitely can. If you have any questions, just ask. Everybody here is extremely helpful and have become like a family.

Mom2aPrincess
07-26-2007, 01:50 PM

You should check out this thread. It would be a great place to start. I would start at the back and work forwards I think as some of the offers from the beginning may not even exist anymore.

Automatic Credits
http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=644

TtownAnne
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM
How do you actually get to DO surveys? Every single survey I have tried so far (and I try multiple times per day because I'm a hopeful believer like that) says I do not qualify and so do not get any money. I go through 4-5 different surveys at a time that says "okay, you don't qualify for this survey, but try this one to maybe earn some moeny!" and then get that message over and over.

wilsonfamily4
07-26-2007, 05:42 PM
How do you actually get to DO surveys? Every single survey I have tried so far (and I try multiple times per day because I'm a hopeful believer like that) says I do not qualify and so do not get any money. I go through 4-5 different surveys at a time that says "okay, you don't qualify for this survey, but try this one to maybe earn some moeny!" and then get that message over and over.

I also have a hard time getting surveys. I think I fall into the very average (white women, 2 kids, a house, a car and a minivan) category so I just do a few a month. But sometimes I just need that money so I keep at it sometimes 20-30 trys!

mollyeilis
07-26-2007, 05:52 PM
TtownAnne (are you in my t-town, Tacoma, or another t-town?), I would recommend looking at the Daily Survey thread, http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=268 .

I think the biggest current suggestion is to do the surveys VERY slowly. I mean, answer a question and go read something, come back, read and answer, go away for a minute, etc. Or just read each word individually, with a break between each word. :)

Also, if there are other people in your household, you can have them take the surveys, too. At one point on your way into the survey, there's a spot on what looks like SR (but is actually Greenfield at that point) that says "if you're not *your email address* click here". Click there, and have another person fill in their demographics and see if they get any surveys that you can't. My husband is younger than me, has less college, and is Asian while I am white, so he gets different surveys than I do. He's been doing probably at least half of the daily surveys this month rather than me, b/c he gets so many and I don't get as many.

OK, now go look at the Daily Survey thread, read from the last page and go backwards, b/c it has good info on current surveys (what to avoid, what works well, etc)!

abcboys
07-26-2007, 11:12 PM
I agree with the others. I never do a credit card offer. I only do the free offers, scratch off game, daily survey (I do a couple a week), paid clicks. It really does add up. I've been doing this for about 2-3 months and I've managed to earn around $85 so far. I'm saving for our first family disney trip in may so every little bit helps. I love it!!

Mom2aPrincess
07-26-2007, 11:38 PM

Persistence...It does sometimes take a while to get one. I usually set myself a time limit and if I don't qualify in that time, I leave it and come back later in the day for another specified time ....

kendra412
07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
I mostly do the surveys, and the little offers, although I sometimes have trouble with them, as they tell me I am already in there system :computer: I have made about $60 in about a month and a half. They survey bonus is a nice way to make a little money for me. I did cash out for the $50 Disney GC when it was only 48 credits. Just keep at it. :)

ChickiePants
07-27-2007, 09:37 AM
I only do surveys, daily clicks, scratchoff and freebies unless it's a CC offer I really want (like QPB or emusic) so I don't have to have any unneccessary hassle. I do SOME shopping, but not as much as some people, obviously! ;) Somehow I still managed to make SM, though...so there is hope for you, fear not! :D

DumboFan
07-27-2007, 10:31 AM
I didn't realize how much I was missing out on the daily offers. I thought they were more involved than they really are! I've earned $3.10 overnight! I know its not much, but its a definite step in the right direction!!!
I haven't been able to qualify for any surveys & I try several times a day. I will definitely take time to check out the daily survey link!

wilsonfamily4
07-27-2007, 11:04 AM
I didn't realize how much I was missing out on the daily offers. I thought they were more involved than they really are! I've earned $3.10 overnight! I know its not much, but its a definite step in the right direction!!!
I haven't been able to qualify for any surveys & I try several times a day. I will definitely take time to check out the daily survey link!

YEA! yeah the offers are really where the free money is at I am so glad you will be able to start earning. Did you start with the fast crediting ones? We are proud of you!

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2007, 11:19 AM

Yea. I know what it feels like. If I wake up with a new $3, I'm dancing around and my daughter is looking at me like I've lost it. :rotfl: She does know it's for Disney though so she does share in my excitement some. Keep it up and you'll be surprised how quickly it adds up. You'll get lots of tips too by actively reading this board.