PDA

View Full Version : Samantha Going Into AG Archives!

iluvamystery89
10-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I know we all try to shop on SR as much as possible, but my DD is addicted to American Girl. I received an e-mail yesterday from AG letting me know that Samantha is going into the American Girl Archives soon-she'll no longer be available! Just thought I'd share in case anyone was planning to buy her for Christmas. :sunshine:

jenvance
10-07-2008, 12:01 PM
Oh no, DD will be so disappointed. She loves Samantha. She carries her Samantha doll around all the time.

pbhall13
10-07-2008, 12:12 PM
interesting.......I didn't get an email and we are always buying from them......did they mention if all the dresses etc are going as well?

thanks

iluvamystery89
10-07-2008, 12:25 PM
here's the e-mail i received-i'm sorry i didn't think to post it the first time!

Dear Samantha™ Fan,

We’re writing with important news about an American Girl original, Samantha Parkington?. As one of her biggest fans, we wanted you to be among the first to know that soon, Samantha’s complete collection—including Nellie? and her accessories—will be moving into the American Girl Archives™.

While Samantha has been one of American Girl’s most popular historical characters since her introduction in 1986, we felt the timing was right to preserve her place in American Girl’s history, making it possible to introduce new characters and time periods for our customers to enjoy.

Starting today, we’re inviting American Girl fans to share their favorite Samantha memories (see below) as a way of commemorating Samantha and the impact she’s had on girls for more than 22 years. Whether it’s remembering your beloved Samantha doll or an important lesson learned from her books, we want to hear your story.

We hope you’ll join us in celebrating Samantha! Watch for more information via our catalogues or at americangirl.com. In the meantime, don’t miss the opportunity to purchase items from Samantha’s collection before it’s too late. Thank you again for your continued support.

Sincerely,

American Girl

P.S. Though Samantha will soon be moving into the American Girl Archives, her stories will live on! You’ll continue to find Samantha books at americangirl.com, at American Girl stores, and at booksellers nationwide.

Hedy
10-07-2008, 01:11 PM
:cry::cry::cry:

iluvamystery89
10-07-2008, 01:43 PM
:cry::cry::cry:

i know :cry: DD JUST got Samantha last month for her birthday and I had plans to buy her some accessories for Christmas-i hope i can swing it financially! hopefully there'll be a free shipping code soon!

pbhall13
10-07-2008, 03:55 PM
Both my girls have Samantha (oldest one has had her for a few years now) so we have a good bunch of outfits and accessories, but i bet they will start marking some of the items down.......maybe in time for Christmas