PDA

View Full Version : Mineral Hygienics Special

SunshineGirl
10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
I just put up a FANTASTIC special for Mineral Hygienics (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/shopping/MineralHygienics). We usually pay out 5% but got a special deal to pay out 20% now through October 16! That can be combined with the 5% off coupon or the free shipping that we have on the site. Check out Angie's Mineral Hygienics video if you want to learn more about it. (http://www.sunshinerewards.com/videoblog/2008/09/30/sunshine-rewards-new-merchant-mineral-hygienics/) :)

missangie
10-10-2008, 09:10 AM
20% is incredible cash back! I truly love the mineral makeup that I sampled from Mineral Hygienics. It was very easy to apply and blended beautifully. I don't have the best skin, and in fact I still suffer from adult acne from time to time. I was impressed wtih the smooth even coverage from this type of foundation. I will definitely be ordering more. You should give it a try. With 5% off and 20% cash back, what have you got to lose!!

sammielynn
10-10-2008, 09:42 AM
May have to try this! 20% back is wonderful. Best of all the ingredents that they use for the sunscreen are the very thing I am not allergic to! Whoot!

sammielynn
10-10-2008, 09:53 AM
I clicked on the Free Shipping link and it is charging me shipping. Is the free shipping only for orders over $75 or any order from SR?

missangie
10-10-2008, 09:57 AM
I think that special applies to orders over $75 only. It is the same one advertised on their site. Free Priority Shipping on orders over $75.00.

sammielynn
10-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks missangie!

sammielynn
10-10-2008, 11:25 AM
I hate to keep beating this but what do you have to do to get the 5% off. I don't see it coming off in the cart?

missangie
10-10-2008, 12:04 PM
I hate to keep beating this but what do you have to do to get the 5% off. I don't see it coming off in the cart?

That is a good question. I tried an order as well, and it looks as if it requires a coupon code. We don't have a specific code listed. Cindy handles those, and she is out of town this weekend on official SR business. Let me see if I can locate that detail today. If not, I will make sure it is up as soon as Cindy returns so that you can get your order placed during the increased payout!

SunshineGirl
10-10-2008, 12:15 PM
try fs

jl8595
10-10-2008, 12:39 PM
try fs

I think that might be the free shipping code. (it acknowledged the code, but didn't reduce my order amount)

Is there a code for the 5% off? Thanks for trying Tricia!

pbhall13
10-10-2008, 12:52 PM
now you guys really have me interested in this stuff. i am not a make up person, but now that I am getting older I feel I would like to use something to help even things out (and Miss Angie like you I get adult acne...go figure I never had a pimple until I was in my 20's!)

so I am curious as to what others are buying? I am thinking the package on the front page of minerals would be a good one to start and try (pretty sure that may be the one Angie showed us)

And hey 20% back...holy cow!

jl8595
10-10-2008, 01:02 PM
Pam,

I bought the starter kit (fair skin) and then a blush. I've always used Aveda pressed powder for my sensitive skin but I'm nearly out of it and tired of it being stocked out online (they closed my local Aveda stores) and I'd rather switch to something I can get SR credit for. I'm not a heavy makeup wearer either - I prefer a lighweight feeling and a barely there kind of look. Sounds like the mineral makeup is the way to go now. Looking forward to getting it!

jl8595
10-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Forgot to add - Angie, THANK YOU for your video review. It was extremely helpful for me to see how mineral makeup is applied. That's been the one thing holding me back (fear of the unknown, LOL); your video was perfect timing!

missangie
10-10-2008, 01:28 PM
I think that might be the free shipping code. (it acknowledged the code, but didn't reduce my order amount)

Is there a code for the 5% off? Thanks for trying Tricia!

She's en route to San Diego, and I'm sure trying to help us from her phone! As soon as I can talk to either her or Cindy, I'll get us straight.

missangie
10-10-2008, 01:35 PM
Forgot to add - Angie, THANK YOU for your video review. It was extremely helpful for me to see how mineral makeup is applied. That's been the one thing holding me back (fear of the unknown, LOL); your video was perfect timing!

You are so welcome! I hate to do videos. I like to share the products with you but the being on camera, yuck! This Mineral Hygienics video has gotten a lot of press, though. We've gotten requests to use it on another site and someone direct from MH is using it. It's really making me "famous", LOL!!

Mineral cosmetics really are easy to put on. You need to remember to tap your brush so that you have a full brush but not an overloaded one, and blend, blend, blend. Don't forget to start on the edges and then go in to your cheeks, nose, and chin. I really like the look. It is natural and goes fine with my usual daily regimen of lipgloss and mascara!

sammielynn
10-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Thanks for checking on the code missangie!

jl8595
10-11-2008, 08:21 AM
You are so welcome! I hate to do videos. I like to share the products with you but the being on camera, yuck! This Mineral Hygienics video has gotten a lot of press, though. We've gotten requests to use it on another site and someone direct from MH is using it. It's really making me "famous", LOL!!

How awesome! You're our resident SR celebrity now, LOL!

Mineral cosmetics really are easy to put on. You need to remember to tap your brush so that you have a full brush but not an overloaded one, and blend, blend, blend. Don't forget to start on the edges and then go in to your cheeks, nose, and chin.

Your video definitely helped me realize that. Meeting me in Boston, I'm sure you could quickly discern that I'm pretty low maintenance in the beauty dept, LOL! I'm always in a rush to get out the door to work and I could never commit to a makeup routine that took more than 5-10 mins each morning. Just no attention span for it, LOL!

I see that Cindy put up the 5% code, so I'm totally good to go. THANK YOU!!

missangie
10-15-2008, 11:42 AM
Don't forget that the special payout on Mineral Hygienics ends tomorrow!

20% cash back is awesome! :sunshine:

jl8595
10-15-2008, 11:45 AM
Just wanted to post an update that I got my credit (20%!!!) and received my order yesterday. I played with it last night and I'm very pleased with it so far. Thanks again!

sunshinecindy
10-15-2008, 01:57 PM
I can tell you that this percentage will be severely lowered since this was just a one time deal from the AM as a favor to us to get the product introduced to our members, so definately, if you are considering this, do it now.

pbhall13
10-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Okay went to place my order and they say they aren't shipping to my area...which is weird since I am not that far from Lori......

I then called their 800 number and it said something about on line orders but the mans voice was hard for me to hear completely.

I really want to try this especially with 20% BUT will they honor this 20% since it is their error with on line orders? Angie or Cindy have you had a chance to talk to any of the reps?

I would hope that they would extend the %back or something??

Thanks!!

sunshinecindy
10-15-2008, 03:25 PM
Okay went to place my order and they say they aren't shipping to my area...which is weird since I am not that far from Lori......

I then called their 800 number and it said something about on line orders but the mans voice was hard for me to hear completely.

I really want to try this especially with 20% BUT will they honor this 20% since it is their error with on line orders? Angie or Cindy have you had a chance to talk to any of the reps?

I would hope that they would extend the %back or something??

Thanks!!

Talking with rep right now, will keep you posted.

pbhall13
10-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Talking with rep right now, will keep you posted.

thanks Cindy........You're the BEST!!

pbhall13
10-15-2008, 11:30 PM
any word yet Cindy?

~Kathie
10-16-2008, 12:38 AM
I originally had my RI address and got the "not shipping to area" message. Changed shipping to my FL address since I will be there next week and I'm getting the same error message.

Hope they figure it out before tomorrow is over.

And thanks Angie for the demonstration. I've bought mineral makeup before and could never figure out how to use it. You made it look so easy.......I'd love to give it a try again. Like Lori, I need to be able to brush and go. ;)

ETA: I received a confirmation email for registering. I sent an email to the link in the email to let them know of the error message I was getting. I'll let you know if I get a response.

sammielynn
10-16-2008, 06:58 AM
I originally had my RI address and got the "not shipping to area" message. Changed shipping to my FL address since I will be there next week and I'm getting the same error message.

Hope they figure it out before tomorrow is over.

And thanks Angie for the demonstration. I've bought mineral makeup before and could never figure out how to use it. You made it look so easy.......I'd love to give it a try again. Like Lori, I need to be able to brush and go. ;)

ETA: I received a confirmation email for registering. I sent an email to the link in the email to let them know of the error message I was getting. I'll let you know if I get a response.

The exact same thing happened to me! I have signed up on the web site, tried to order, wont' ship to Tennessee, sent them an e-mail, no answer, called them, got a answering machine, let a message, they have never called back. Guess they don't want our business.

sunshinecindy
10-16-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm sure I'll hear this morning. The owners is out of the country but they are getting in touch with him. Will give you update as soon as I talk to the AM.

sammielynn
10-16-2008, 08:47 AM
Thanks Cindy! I really want to try this product. I am so allergic to sunscreens, which is really hard for a redhead, and they have the things I can use in this make-up.

luvdisney00
10-16-2008, 09:15 AM
I got the same error messsage about my NJ address. I hope they'll extend the offer if we don't hear back today. Thanks Cindy for staying on top of it.

~Kathie
10-16-2008, 09:47 AM
It has to be a glitch in their website system if there are so many of us across the USA! Maybe those of you that already ordered broke their website cause you ordered so much stuff??? :rotfl:

Hopefully they can figure it out before the end of today!

SunshineGirl
10-16-2008, 01:17 PM
It looks like we will be able to get a little extension on this for when their site starts working again. We are keeping on top of it. :)

marcymajor
10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
i just tried to order some makeup for my dd 15 and i put in all the info including my cc # and it came back saying that they don't ship to my region. i didn't know georgia was out of their shipping area. what a bummer that is and my dd really loved the makeup she picked out and the 20% would have been great. is there anyway you can check this out with them and find out why they don't ship to georgia?:(:cry:

marcymajor
10-16-2008, 05:38 PM
Tricia - i hate to be a pest but have you heard any more about this merchant and their website? would really love to order from them as their cosmetics look really cool and good for your skin so any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

sunshinecindy
10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I just went in to buy it and let me. Has anyone else tried it lately?

I'm still working with the AM to get this resolved, it looks like some type of error in coding.

marcymajor
10-16-2008, 06:00 PM
Cindy - i just tried again and i am still getting the same message that they are not shipping to my region at this time. oh well, guess it just wasn't meant to be.:sunshine:

~Kathie
10-16-2008, 09:04 PM
I just tried again using my Florida address for shipping and I am getting the same error message.

Iteach
10-16-2008, 09:08 PM
I just went to place an order too and got the same message. They are not shipping to my region which is Wisconsin. Hopefully they can get this resolved. Thanks for helping us Cindy!

sammielynn
10-17-2008, 06:47 AM
I think they just like Cindy better than they like us.

3dog2kidmom
10-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Oh boo... I just found this thread and decided I wanted to try it and the % back is reduced to 5%.

Angie - love your video! I too love mineral makeup!

~Kathie
10-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Oh boo... I just found this thread and decided I wanted to try it and the % back is reduced to 5%.

Angie - love your video! I too love mineral makeup!

Tricia said it was going to be extended since they are having issues with their website. Many of us tried to order and got error messages that they we'ren't shipping to our area. That 20% back was a big incentive.

Hopefully it will come back when they deal with the website issues.

ETA: 8:45am and I'm still getting the message that they are not shipping to my area.

marcymajor
10-17-2008, 09:50 AM
i just tried again to order from mineral hygenics and i am still getting the same error message about not being able to ship to my region at this time. guess people from georgia are not able to buy this product. oh well, that's the way it goes i suppose. have a great day everybody.:sunshine:

SunshineGirl
10-17-2008, 09:56 AM
I believe it is entirely a technical issue. So it's a matter of their programmers figuring out why it is triggering those errors for most everyone. I'm sure that they are tearing out their hair right now. I know what programming errors can be like and they make me just want to scream!!

~Kathie
10-17-2008, 10:01 AM
I believe it is entirely a technical issue. So it's a matter of their programmers figuring out why it is triggering those errors for most everyone. I'm sure that they are tearing out their hair right now. I know what programming errors can be like and they make me just want to scream!!

Thanks for the info Tricia. I can only imagine their frustration.

Is it possible to get that 20% back when they fix it? That was a great incentive to place an order.

askomsky
10-17-2008, 11:56 AM

Hence why when I finally do go back to work I'm trying to find another field. Even though my degree is in computer programming I'm such a Type A personality that programming was just to frustrating for me! :)

sunshinecindy
10-17-2008, 12:23 PM
Hence why when I finally do go back to work I'm trying to find another field. Even though my degree is in computer programming I'm such a Type A personality that programming was just to frustrating for me! :)

Ya, I think they are frustrated cause its working on their end and also for the AM which is odd.

~Kathie
10-17-2008, 01:00 PM
Ya, I think they are frustrated cause its working on their end and also for the AM which is odd.

Very odd. The increased credit is back....so I just tried again. Nada! :(
Hope they figure it out.

If it's any help to them.........they have an estimated shipping feature on the cart page. My address and weight of the package come up but where it should give the shipping info is blank. Maybe the glitch is there.

jl8595
10-17-2008, 01:33 PM
If it's any help to them.........they have an estimated shipping feature on the cart page. My address and weight of the package come up but where it should give the shipping info is blank. Maybe the glitch is there.

That's weird. When I ordered my stuff, the estimated shipping field said "cannot estimate shipping to this zone" but I ignored it because I was getting free shipping for having spent >$75. Nothing stopped my order and everything arrived perfectly. I'm so sorry that folks are running into this problem. Hopefully they get it fixed quickly...I was very pleased with the speediness of the shipping and the quality of their product (love the brushes that came in the starter kit!).

marcymajor
10-17-2008, 01:59 PM
when i tried to order my makeup i put in the fs code for free shipping and also noticed that there was no shipping info either just my home address. that is very strange that it will let some people order but not others. maybe there is something wrong with the free shipping code also.:confused:

~Kathie
10-17-2008, 02:43 PM
when i tried to order my makeup i put in the fs code for free shipping and also noticed that there was no shipping info either just my home address. that is very strange that it will let some people order but not others. maybe there is something wrong with the free shipping code also.:confused:

I never used the free shipping code. I clicked through the regular link and the free shipping automatically showed up in my cart because I had spent over $75.

marcymajor
10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
i didn't spend $75 only $59.99 so i wonder by putting in the fs code it might have messed up the order somehow even though it did take out the shipping charges. maybe i'm just not meant to spend $59.99 on makeup for my dd.:rotfl:

~Kathie
10-17-2008, 03:23 PM
That's weird. When I ordered my stuff, the estimated shipping field said "cannot estimate shipping to this zone" but I ignored it because I was getting free shipping for having spent >$75. Nothing stopped my order and everything arrived perfectly. I'm so sorry that folks are running into this problem. Hopefully they get it fixed quickly...I was very pleased with the speediness of the shipping and the quality of their product (love the brushes that came in the starter kit!).

I tried ignoring the error message and filled in my CC info. When I clicked continue, it brought me right back to the payment page. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I'm glad to know you like it Lori. I'm not a big make up person but after seeing Angie's video and you reporting......I'm looking forward to trying it. I'll be on the road for the next 3 days. I can't order from our first stop tomorrow night in Baltimore........our friends are SR members. But I should be able to order the next 2 days after that before the 20% back disappears. I'll keep checking in. Fingers crossed.

marcymajor
10-18-2008, 12:40 PM
does anyone know if this is working yet? i would still like to order from them but i'm a little hesitant as i don't know if i am going to get the error message again.:confused:

marcymajor
10-19-2008, 02:55 PM
Tricia or Cindy - i hate to be such a pest but do either one of you know if this merchant has fixed their website yet so that i can place my order for some makeup. have tried at least 4 times and i still get the same error message about not shipping to my region after i have put in the fs code for free shipping. can you please help me. :thanks:

3darlings
10-20-2008, 08:07 AM
Tricia or Cindy - i hate to be such a pest but do either one of you know if this merchant has fixed their website yet so that i can place my order for some makeup. have tried at least 4 times and i still get the same error message about not shipping to my region after i have put in the fs code for free shipping. can you please help me. :thanks:

Same problem for me although I didn't use the fs code. The website also kicks you out alot if you try to look at shades and things. But I finally got all the way though and I got the same message that they don't ship to my region!

sammielynn
10-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I tried to order this morning and it is still a no go. Won't ship to me.

marcymajor
10-20-2008, 10:23 AM
i guess none of us are destined to get this makeup or the 20%. maybe cindy and tricia will run this again sometime with the higher payout and it will work. sorry that you are also having the same problem as i am. have a wonderful day and keep smiling.:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
10-20-2008, 10:47 AM
I am working with the AM still and hes working with the owner to try to get this fixed. I told him we would probably have to temporarily pull the site, and he promised a good special once its fixed. :0

sammielynn
10-20-2008, 11:59 AM
:party: Thanks Cindy!

pbhall13
10-20-2008, 12:01 PM
I really hope they do fix it........now I really really want to try this product....and would love to get it before I head to florida.

Thanks for working on it Cindy!!

Iteach
10-20-2008, 12:12 PM
I also tried to order again last night with the no go shipping message. Thanks for helping Cindy. Of course now that we can't get it I want it even more! :)

marcymajor
10-20-2008, 12:45 PM
:thanks: Cindy for all you do to help us here at sr. you are the best.:sunshine2:

~Kathie
10-20-2008, 06:13 PM
Just got to Vero and scrambled to order before the special was gone. Then came here when I saw the site wasn't working. Glad Cindy is on the case!

Thanks Cindy!! :thanks: I too am looking forward to ordering.

sammielynn
10-21-2008, 03:36 PM
I just got an e-mail and they say that their website is fixed!

pbhall13
10-21-2008, 04:15 PM
But the 20% is gone!

Hopefully it will come back :sunshine2:

sunshinecindy
10-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I just got an e-mail and they say that their website is fixed!

Didn't work for me. When we get verification it is fixed, the 20% WILL be back.

sunshinecindy
10-21-2008, 04:37 PM
Ok guys, will have a 10% off coupon for you and the increased credit, hopefully in the morning. The site is working, just ignore the can't ship to zip code message.

marcymajor
10-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Cindy-:thanks: for all your help with this but what happens if i go to put in my order and i still get the error message about not shipping to my region and i can't go any further. sorry to be such a pain in the butt about this but i just want to make sure that when i place my order tomorrow for some makeup for my dd it will take it. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. again :thanks: for everything you do for us here at sr.:sunshine:

sunshinecindy
10-21-2008, 08:02 PM
Cindy-:thanks: for all your help with this but what happens if i go to put in my order and i still get the error message about not shipping to my region and i can't go any further. sorry to be such a pain in the butt about this but i just want to make sure that when i place my order tomorrow for some makeup for my dd it will take it. any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. again :thanks: for everything you do for us here at sr.:sunshine:

I'll still be here tomorrow, so if theres a problem, go ahead and post and I'll get back in touch with the AM, but they have assured me that you can make the purchase as they are seeing a bunch of them come through.

sammielynn
10-21-2008, 08:58 PM
It still will not take my order! I can't get past step two in the checkout. :(

sunshinecindy
10-21-2008, 09:22 PM
It still will not take my order! I can't get past step two in the checkout. :(

Really, did you clear your cookies? I'm not having any trouble. It still says not shipping to my area, but it lets me make the purchase.

sammielynn
10-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Cleared cookies, still will not let me check out. Tried two different credit cards. Could the problem be that I created an account when they were having problems?

askomsky
10-21-2008, 09:39 PM
They must be working on it, bc I watched Angie's video and just went to window shop on their site and half of the links I click an internal error is popping up, so then I wanted to see what happened if I tried to put something in my cart and same thing. Either their programmers are working on it or to many people are overloading it!

sammielynn
10-21-2008, 09:41 PM
I'll wait until tomorrow and try again.

Iteach
10-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I cleared cookies and tried to order again too, twice. It won't let me past pg. 2 after I put my CC info in. I'll try again tomorrow too. I wonder why some are able to place an order and others aren't. Strange!

~Kathie
10-22-2008, 12:12 AM
I cleared cookies and tried to order again too, twice. It won't let me past pg. 2 after I put my CC info in. I'll try again tomorrow too. I wonder why some are able to place an order and others aren't. Strange!

Same for me.

sammielynn
10-22-2008, 08:48 AM
Tried twice this morning. Once from my home computer and once from my work computer, won't work.

pbhall13
10-22-2008, 08:59 AM
I just cleared my cookies and attempted to order, but nada for me

missangie
10-22-2008, 09:02 AM
Oh goodness--still not able to order. Hopefully they will iron it all out very soon. :(

missangie
10-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Hmmm. . .I just noticed that Cindy put up a coupon and indicates that everything is working, but you all are still having trouble. What exactly is happening now? Will it just not take your cc info?

sammielynn
10-22-2008, 09:09 AM
It will not let us check out, just like before. Says they do not ship to our area and will not go past page 2 of the checkout process.

missangie
10-22-2008, 09:42 AM
It will not let us check out, just like before. Says they do not ship to our area and will not go past page 2 of the checkout process.

Thanks! I'm assuming Cindy knows since she's been on this morning. I will be sure to mention it to her.

~Kathie
10-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Hmmm. . .I just noticed that Cindy put up a coupon and indicates that everything is working, but you all are still having trouble. What exactly is happening now? Will it just not take your cc info?

I'm the same as sammie. It does state
Not Available At This Time
Sorry, we are not shipping to your region at this time.
Please contact us for alternate arrangements.

I put in my CC info and get routed right back to the same page. CC info is missing......so can't get past page 2 of checkout.

marcymajor
10-22-2008, 02:02 PM
i just tried again to put in my order and could not get past page 2. oh well, guess it's just not meant to be. maybe one day i will be able to order this makeup for my dd but not today.:sunshine:

Iteach
10-22-2008, 09:59 PM
Same thing just happened to me again tonight. I just hope when it is working that I don't miss it!