PDA

View Full Version : Signature Error: Too many lines

Magical JenK
05-07-2007, 10:12 PM
I can't post my banner? It says that I have too many lines? Anyone out there able to help me?

SunshineGirl
05-07-2007, 10:19 PM
I wonder how many lines it is? I'm thinking from what I have seen that somewhere there is a default set that limits the signatures to 5 lines. But I'm not quite sure yet what defines a "line."

Magical JenK
05-07-2007, 11:34 PM
Yes, it says that I can only have 5 lines...but what's weird is that before I hit 25 posts I put the link from SR referrals & it was just text. But then I hit 25 & nothing changed, so I figured I should put in the link again, so I did, but now I get the error. I didn't change anything else. I had the photo & my line & the text link did show, but now I can't get anything else in my siggie.

SunshineGirl
05-08-2007, 05:03 AM
I just made a little change. See if that helps.

speechteachri
05-08-2007, 07:57 AM
I had that problem yesterday when adding my ticker. I think it said no more than 5 or 6 lines. I was able to delete a couple of characters and combine 2 lines and it worked...but I wondered about it too!

PSL1013
05-08-2007, 08:17 AM
I keep trying to change mine a little..this morning I see that it is now allows 6 lines. It still won't let me change the wording and I'm not using more lines than I already have now :confused: I would like to change the wording above my BCV banner to read "Spending my Rewards Here" and I tried changing my "love smilie" under my name to the new "sunshine" smilie and it wouldn't even let me do that? If someone can do the changes for me, it would be greatly appreciated! :computer: I love all the new smilies that were added! :love:

Magical JenK
05-08-2007, 08:50 AM
I just made a little change. See if that helps.

No, it's still not working. It actually says that I can't have more than 6 lines. I deleted all the spaces in between my ticker, my photo & then my banner & it still didn't work. I don't understand as I've seen some pretty long siggies??? :confused:

PSL1013
05-08-2007, 09:51 AM
No, it's still not working. It actually says that I can't have more than 6 lines. I deleted all the spaces in between my ticker, my photo & then my banner & it still didn't work. I don't understand as I've seen some pretty long siggies??? :confused:

I did the same thing, deleted all spaces between and even eliminated my name and smilie and then did a preview of what was left....nope, says can't have more than 6 lines? If I do a preview of what I already have in my signature...says too long?? How could that be...it's already there? :confused:

Anna
05-08-2007, 09:08 PM
Yes, it says that I can only have 5 lines...but what's weird is that before I hit 25 posts I put the link from SR referrals & it was just text. But then I hit 25 & nothing changed, so I figured I should put in the link again, so I did, but now I get the error. I didn't change anything else. I had the photo & my line & the text link did show, but now I can't get anything else in my siggie.

I am having the same problem. 5 line limit. I have my banner and name and that is it. Any help would be greatly appreciated!:confused:

SunshineGirl
05-08-2007, 09:59 PM
I did the same thing, deleted all spaces between and even eliminated my name and smilie and then did a preview of what was left....nope, says can't have more than 6 lines? If I do a preview of what I already have in my signature...says too long?? How could that be...it's already there? :confused:

Pam--It looks like you managed to get your 6 lines somehow. :confused:

PSL1013
05-08-2007, 10:10 PM
Pam--It looks like you managed to get your 6 lines somehow. :confused:

It's been that way since the beginning of this forum but now it won't let me change anything. Even if I try to eliminate one of the banners and do a preview it says signature too long? All I'm trying to do is change the wording above my BCV banner, using less words than what is there now and it won't let me...I'm as confused as you are?? :confused: :confused:

Anna
05-11-2007, 08:29 AM
It's been that way since the beginning of this forum but now it won't let me change anything. Even if I try to eliminate one of the banners and do a preview it says signature too long? All I'm trying to do is change the wording above my BCV banner, using less words than what is there now and it won't let me...I'm as confused as you are?? :confused: :confused:

DITTO for me! HELP someone!:computer:

lilianddomsmom
05-11-2007, 09:36 AM
DITTO for me! HELP someone!:computer:

same here it won't let me even preview it or anything

Anna
05-15-2007, 09:06 PM
same here it won't let me even preview it or anything

Sigh...I wish we could get this fixed...I don't see how some were able to get such nice signatures with all the items when I cannot put anything in mine at all. I don't know what else to do. Guess my signature will just be blah.:confused:

PSL1013
05-15-2007, 09:41 PM
Sigh...I wish we could get this fixed...I don't see how some were able to get such nice signatures with all the items when I cannot put anything in mine at all. I don't know what else to do. Guess my signature will just be blah.:confused:

I did mine when this forum was brand new but now it won't let me change anything, so I guess mine will have to stay as it is too? I don't understand the six line limit because the way my signature is now, it's over six and it posted before all the changes? :confused:

SunshineGirl
05-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm kind of perplexed, too. Unfortunately, signatures are kind of low on my "to do" list with all of the offers and cashouts we have going on right now. :( I tried looking for an easy fix and couldn't find one. I'll take a quick look around again and see if it has anything to do with people hitting the 25 post mark. I keep hoping that one of the other smart cookies on here will figure it out. LOL!

SunshineGirl
05-15-2007, 09:53 PM
I just made a couple of changes to the administration panel. See if maybe that helps?

PSL1013
05-15-2007, 10:24 PM
I just made a couple of changes to the administration panel. See if maybe that helps?

Still saying too many lines for me. I even tried just previewing what is already in my signature without changing a thing and it still says I have too many lines? :rotfl:

Just wondering: under user CP at the bottom in the Signature Permissions box I see two things that say NO next to them and have no idea if this has anything to do with anything?? Can upload Images for Signature: NO & Can upload Animated GIF for Signature: NO

Also, at the bottom of this reply to thread page there is a box that says HTML code is OFF???

Anna
05-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Still saying too many lines for me. I even tried just previewing what is already in my signature without changing a thing and it still says I have too many lines? :rotfl:

Just wondering: under user CP at the bottom in the Signature Permissions box I see two things that say NO next to them and have no idea if this has anything to do with anything?? Can upload Images for Signature: NO & Can upload Animated GIF for Signature: NO

Also, at the bottom of this reply to thread page there is a box that says HTML code is OFF???

Mine too. Wonder if that has anything to do with it? :confused: