PDA

View Full Version : Slight Change to Referral Banners

SunshineGuy
07-27-2007, 10:09 PM
In an effort to offload more processing, I changed the way the referrals banners calculate your total earnings. Up until now, the referral banners were calculating in a realtime fashion. Everytime someone viewed your banner, the server had to sum up your entire earnings and return a value. As of tonight, the referral banners will be an approximation. The values of the banners will be updated every night. Any earnings earned throughout the day will not be reflected until tomorrow in your banner. So, your banner shows "i've earned at least ..." kind of number.

This way, I can calculate everyone's banners in the middle of the night and then the server only has to look up one number for your banner rather than calculate the entire sum each time.

This should help especially for those times when SunshineGirl is hosting forum contests and many many people are looking at many different banners!

mollyeilis
07-29-2007, 01:27 PM
So was the banner update supposed to run automatically in the middle of the night last night? b/c my banner hasn't been updated in over 24 hours...

Uh oh?