PDA

View Full Version : Credits Reversed

SunshineGirl
07-29-2007, 10:32 PM
We got a lot of credit reversals today from the advertisers, so some of you may be seeing some reductions in your accounts. :( Fortunately, most of them are small offers (.50 or less).

I did have to close two accounts where I had 4 reversals on each person. I don't know if they were submitting fraudulent information or doing the same offers on different rewards programs. But I can't justify to an advertiser keeping a member who had 4 reversals. They came mainly on offers like esurance, insurance.com, and edmonds.

We also had the advertisers point out some duplicate accounts to us (people with two accounts in one household). They are NOT happy with it. So some of those accounts will have to be closed as well.

No real reason for alarm. Really only about 10 accounts in total are affected, and most of those are just some minor credits. Just continue to be VERY careful about not duplicating offers. Including the ones where you are signing up for a true free service (stamps.com, insurance, auto quotes, home business, etc).

m4travels
07-29-2007, 10:42 PM
ouch!!!!!

I've only added the exclamation points because the message was too short!

Kycha
07-29-2007, 10:44 PM
We got a lot of credit reversals today from the advertisers, so some of you may be seeing some reductions in your accounts. :( Fortunately, most of them are small offers (.50 or less).

I did have to close two accounts where I had 4 reversals on each person. I don't know if they were submitting fraudulent information or doing the same offers on different rewards programs. But I can't justify to an advertiser keeping a member who had 4 reversals. They came mainly on offers like esurance, insurance.com, and edmonds.

We also had the advertisers point out some duplicate accounts to us (people with two accounts in one household). They are NOT happy with it. So some of those accounts will have to be closed as well.

No real reason for alarm. Really only about 10 accounts in total are affected, and most of those are just some minor credits. Just continue to be VERY careful about not duplicating offers. Including the ones where you are signing up for a true free service (stamps.com, insurance, auto quotes, home business, etc).

Tricia, can you please clarify this(in bold) for me? Does that mean if I do one of those offers(ie esurance, insurance.com or edmonds), then I can't do the other two? Or does that mean I can do each of those offers, but only once(over all GPT accounts that I may have)? SR is my main gpt site, but I have done some offers on CD(none of the ones mentioned above). Thanks for everything!!

bartleby1
07-29-2007, 11:00 PM
Tricia, can you please clarify this(in bold) for me? Does that mean if I do one of those offers(ie esurance, insurance.com or edmonds), then I can't do the other two? Or does that mean I can do each of those offers, but only once(over all GPT accounts that I may have)? SR is my main gpt site, but I have done some offers on CD(none of the ones mentioned above). Thanks for everything!!

I'm fairly certain that she means that you can do each offer ONCE and only once across ALL rewards sites.

SunshineGirl
07-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Tricia, can you please clarify this(in bold) for me? Does that mean if I do one of those offers(ie esurance, insurance.com or edmonds), then I can't do the other two? Or does that mean I can do each of those offers, but only once(over all GPT accounts that I may have)? SR is my main gpt site, but I have done some offers on XX(none of the ones mentioned above). Thanks for everything!!

As long as they are separate offers, it is fine to do the different ones. I usually verify with the advertisers that they are separate offers before I indeed put up multiples. (Like the SurveysAndGifts--they assured me that they are all separate offers).

Honestly, I think the days of people being able to do multiple rewards sites are going to be ending. Or at least people will have to just stick with 1 or 2. There are fewer offers to do than before and the advertisers are catching on more when people do the same offers on different sites. The advertisers are actually citing people doing multiple rewards programs as one of the biggest fraud problems in the entire incentive industry. There's just too much temptation to try to do offers over again on different sites when you think you won't get caught. But ask all of the people that Kira and I have now banned how that worked out for them. :(

arob414
07-29-2007, 11:09 PM
I am just doing offers on SR, plus, there are a couple other sites that I click at, but that is it. It is actually easier this way. I am making good Disney money, here, and not driving myself nuts trying to keep up with several sites. I really had quit doing reward sites for the past couple yrs because I was becoming so obsessed.
Only now I am becoming obsessed with the forum.:rotfl: It is so much fun and everyone is so tolerant of everyone. I love it.:sunshine:

wilsonfamily4
07-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Only now I am becoming obsessed with the forum.:rotfl: It is so much fun and everyone is so tolerant of everyone. I love it.:sunshine:

How true is that.

I have been slowly downgrading to just SR thankfully I don't do cc offers so I don't have to worry about those BUT I will have to watch A lot more closely the small offers. Thanks for the heads up. I think we all have been thinking it would come to this. Glad i love Sr and will stay here forever. You are all my friends now.

Magical JenK
07-29-2007, 11:32 PM
Sorry to be so dense about this, but said another way....even for the freebie sign ups (i.e. Generous Genie, My Insider Deals, etc) we should not be doing them on other sites? I thought we could?? Or has that changed due to the increase in fraud?

tommygirl79
07-29-2007, 11:55 PM
This is the exact reason why SR is the ONLY rewards site I use now....I did Kira's site for awhile but I was always worried that I was going to do offers more than once inadvertantly and it just wasn't worth the risk for me...

So, SR is now the only site for me. And now with the forum, I am here ALL of the time it seems!

Sorry you've had to deal with all of this Tricia! My positive thinking mind wants to think that these were isolated instances that were mistakes but the more I learn of the world, the more I guess that isn't true.

Kycha
07-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Good to know. SR is my main site. I am here every day, while I might only visit Kira's site once every couple of weeks. I have come to the realization that many before me have. It is just too much work keeping track of all the offers I have done and trying not to duplicate offers. Plus there seem to be many more new and different offers over here. Thanks again.

~Kathie
07-30-2007, 12:55 AM
Sorry to be so dense about this, but said another way....even for the freebie sign ups (i.e. Generous Genie, My Insider Deals, etc) we should not be doing them on other sites? I thought we could?? Or has that changed due to the increase in fraud?

I would like to know this too. I try really hard to keep track of what I do but once in a while a small freebie sign up (i.e. Generous Genie, My Insider Deals, etc)) will slip through. Not that stingy UNGenerous Genie EVER credits for me.

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 01:56 AM
Honestly, the advertisers have every right to come back and say that duplicating ANY offer is fraudulent. If you get credit for a Generous Genie on one site and then complete it on another, they can deny credit or flag your account. Now, it's obviously up to us when they flag your account how we want to deal with it. They can't MAKE us ban anyone. They can only reject credits and ask us to ban people or IP addresses. It's then up to us to weigh the circumstances and decide what to do.

One of the offers that we have been getting reversals on is Your Top Brands--one of those little email freebie offers. They are also getting VERY strict about things like What She Has To Say, Consumer Expressions, etc. In fact, the advertisers are now going through some of these quarterly and banning some rewards sites specifically from running these offers because of duplication. We lost a few of these Big Bucks/Win Moolah offers last week permanently because of duplication.

So at this point, I don't want to say that it is "okay" to duplicate anything because if an advertiser takes the money back for any reason, most rewards sites will take it back, too. The bad thing is that we just don't know when the money is taken back if it is because you gave a fake phone number, you did the offer on another rewards website, or you used an AOL browser which showed up as a duplicate IP address. That makes it hard to know when reversals are because of true fraud or just mistake/bad luck.

linanglab
07-30-2007, 06:36 AM
That is good to know. I guess I should be writing down even the freebie offers so that I do not duplicate. Not that it would be purposeful, but I do not remember which ones I did and didn't do, and which ones I did and did not get credit for, from different sites (of course SR is slowly and surely becoming my main source of reward site)

I will probably just stick to SR from now on when it comes to freebies. I always stress when Tricia mentions banning....I am afraid I did something accidentally wrong and off I go...now that would be devastating! What would I do with all of my time? Guess I would have a clean house....

Angela

linanglab
07-30-2007, 07:06 AM
I also forgot to mention....I have gotten email offers from another reward site - which I rarely use- that specifically says that if you did this offer before, just use another email address. So sometimes I do. Now I am afraid that I did something wrong and have a chance at being banned! It is things like that, that gets me confused on whether we can do certain freebies more than once....

zoodoyle
07-30-2007, 07:22 AM
I also forgot to mention....I have gotten email offers from another reward site - which I rarely use- that specifically says that if you did this offer before, just use another email address. So sometimes I do. Now I am afraid that I did something wrong and have a chance at being banned! It is things like that, that gets me confused on whether we can do certain freebies more than once....

I'm in the same boat! I haven't kept very good record of the free offers, and now I'm nervous......but all of this has made me decide to really concentrate on this site, so I'll be sure to know what I have done before!! I also got one of those emails this morning - to change your email address if they offer doesn't work at first......almost like it's encouraging us to commit fraud :confused:

PSL1013
07-30-2007, 07:46 AM
I have a question too...SR is the ONLY site that I do but a lot of times if a free offer does not credit, I will do them over using different emails to try to get them to credit.....is this something we shouldn't do? I never try doing them again if I already got the credit. This is why I would like to be able to totally eliminate these offers that I have already gotten credit for or that I know absolutely I do not want to do or that I've tried multiple times and that never credit for me, so that they will not show up at all on my list. I know in the beginning we had this option to remove these permanently and Tricia kept getting emails asking her to get it back for them but if we could get the remove button back with the understanding that it is absolutely gone for ever, could this be an option? :confused:

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 08:14 AM
We're working on putting a "remove" button back on the site right now. It's pretty clear to me that people are moving things into "pending" to get them off of their lists and that is really screwing me up. I look at an offer that has 10 pendings and no credits and I panic because I think that the offer isn't working and so I pull it. But then it turns out that people just moved it to pending so that it wouldn't show up on their list, not because they really tried it.

I know other rewards sites specifically say to try the freebie offers over again with other email addresses. Given what our advertisers have told us about duplication, it really surprises me that they would be openly encouraging that. I will say that it seems only fair that if you did something in good faith and didn't get credit, you should be able to try it again for the credit. I mean, they got your information and we didn't get what they promised. So it does seem fair that you get to try it again. If an advertiser tells me that they disagree, then I would like them to start giving me credit for every single signup instead of just the ones that they choose to give to me. LOL! (Do you hear that Generous Genie????)

sunshinecindy
07-30-2007, 08:16 AM

Its sites like this that are encouraging fraud in its memberships that will eventually be closed down or will have to close because they will not have any advertisers. This is what gives the honest sites like SR a bad name. I personally would stay away from any site encouraging fraud, because in the end, you may get banned at the honest sites too.

linanglab
07-30-2007, 08:18 AM
I am one of those who move some of my things to pending just to get it off my list. Sorry if that confused you. I just don't want to chance me accidentally doing an offer twice.

Angela

linanglab
07-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Yeah, I think I will not use the one site anymore. It is ashame that they encourage things that are a no-no. Because people like me, who are honest, get caught up in thinking that it is acceptable because the site owner says it is acceptable. I am beginnig to understand reward sites a bit more, only due to my reading the SR forum, etc. But new members may become confused adn think they are doing acceptable things, when only to find out that it is fradulent. I think that is sad.

Angela

sammielynn
07-30-2007, 08:31 AM
I am one of those who move some of my things to pending just to get it off my list. Sorry if that confused you. I just don't want to chance me accidentally doing an offer twice.

Angela

I've done the same thing:( I'm sorry. I got nervous when this all started thinking that I was going to be ban. But the more I read the more I realized that I was not doing anything wrong. I only do SR and plan to start keeping a record of all the free small offers I do so I won't be the one to cause a problem. Like so many others I'm not sure what I would do with my time if I did't do SR. I to may have to resort to housework.

PSL1013
07-30-2007, 08:31 AM
We're working on putting a "remove" button back on the site right now. It's pretty clear to me that people are moving things into "pending" to get them off of their lists and that is really screwing me up. I look at an offer that has 10 pendings and no credits and I panic because I think that the offer isn't working and so I pull it. But then it turns out that people just moved it to pending so that it wouldn't show up on their list, not because they really tried it.

I know other rewards sites specifically say to try the freebie offers over again with other email addresses. Given what our advertisers have told us about duplication, it really surprises me that they would be openly encouraging that. I will say that it seems only fair that if you did something in good faith and didn't get credit, you should be able to try it again for the credit. I mean, they got your information and we didn't get what they promised. So it does seem fair that you get to try it again. If an advertiser tells me that they disagree, then I would like them to start giving me credit for every single signup instead of just the ones that they choose to give to me. LOL! (Do you hear that Generous Genie????)

Thank you for clearing this up and I'm also one that moves things to pending to get them off my list and I will refrain from doing this until we get our remove button! I agree with you on the crediting of these offers, they get all our info and they don't keep up there end of the offer by paying and I really do think we should be able to "try again" :)

Lisaj68
07-30-2007, 09:11 AM
I was really surprised this morning when I checked my account and saw the reversal.

I am also one to use a different email address if the first time a free offer doesn't credit, and that is the only thing I can think of as to why the credit was reversed.

I wonder if I will have another reversal....there was another credit in there. I hope not! I really like this site and woul hate to be banned!!! :(

While this is the only reward site I visit, I am very careful about not duplicating offers, once I have received credit.

I am also guilty of moving offers to pending if I don't want to do them!

I seem to be having an issue lately with the only things crediting are paid clicks and surveys, so I have gone into my pendings and have been hitting them hard.

Thinking that through, I guess there isn't much point of even doing the offers a second time. They already have your email and mailing info the first time. And if you use a different email address the second time, it's "fraud". Right???

JillyFish
07-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Okay...here's MY question....and I ONLY do SR....You mentioned "What She Has To Say"....are we allowed to do the various offers that come up? Because even though they are different offers, in order to get credit for another one, you have to use a different email address. Is that wrong?

I hope I am making myself clear....:confused:

Hannahsmom
07-30-2007, 09:26 AM
Thinking that through, I guess there isn't much point of even doing the offers a second time. They already have your email and mailing info the first time. And if you use a different email address the second time, it's "fraud". Right???

Now the more I think about that, that really burns my buns. By clicking on the link to an offer, you are agreeing to give information for a fee. And when they don't pay **COUGH**Generous Genie**COUGH** you are just SOL then? It is really irksome when you know the info went through because you get tons of SPAM from them **COUGH**EliteMate**COUGH**..

We are also thinking of changing our Internet provider, which would mean a change of email addy. Would my account be flagged for fraud because of that?

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 09:28 AM

I've gotten those emails too & I thought it had been discussed that this practice was ok ONLY if you didn't get credit for it before?? You know the whole gmail address thing.....I'm so confused with it all & I don't want to be banned simply to make $0.40, but I love SR & another site and I don't want to give either up...:(

I'd also like more clarification on the What She Has to Say offers....

Thanks

PSL1013
07-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I was really surprised this morning when I checked my account and saw the reversal.

I am also one to use a different email address if the first time a free offer doesn't credit, and that is the only thing I can think of as to why the credit was reversed.

I wonder if I will have another reversal....there was another credit in there. I hope not! I really like this site and woul hate to be banned!!! :(

While this is the only reward site I visit, I am very careful about not duplicating offers, once I have received credit.

I am also guilty of moving offers to pending if I don't want to do them!

I seem to be having an issue lately with the only things crediting are paid clicks and surveys, so I have gone into my pendings and have been hitting them hard.

Everything that you mentioned is also true for me! I've been going through older offers and using a different email? Not clear on if this is acceptable on SR or should we not be doing this. I'm also wondering if we already tried an offer...should we delete it because 99% of the time, I will never get credit no matter how many emails I try?? :confused:

bartleby1
07-30-2007, 09:46 AM
I have a question also. Sorry you are being bombarded Tricia but I have to admit that I haven't always kept records on the small freebies because I was under the impression that changing emails was acceptable for those. I will definitely start keeping record because I certainly don't want to get banned from SR over 40 cents! I didn't have any reversals, but the whole thing makes me a little nervous, especially since they don't need to provide any kind of explanation for denying credit. I have often tried freebie offers more than once if they don't credit. Apparently though, from their end, if they get my info more than once, they can claim fraud? Or is it only if they pay out more than once? But the latter shouldn't happen... they shouldn't pay twice. Oh, I'm confused.

What about the daily surveys? Is it ok to do those on more than one site? Usually I do one on SR and DH does one on another site. Is this a no-no?

Oh, and one more question. A bunch of the offers (usually ones that are listed by Kira and you), if I have already completed them, I get a message that it is not available (I can't remember the exact wording). I LOVE that because it prevents me from repeating offers on both sites. If the advertisers are so worried about people completing offers on multiple sites, why don't they ALL do this? It seems like a fairly easy solution. Of course, it would only really keep the honest people honest, cheaters will still find a way around it, but at least it would prevent honest people from accidentally cheating?

llgray16
07-30-2007, 10:03 AM
Wow! I'm glad I have only been focusing on SR right now. I really only do SR and one other one (but I haven't done much there at all lately.) It is good to know about the survey thing now as well. I have only been doing those here and that sounds like it was a good decision!

I hope all this settles down soon they hopefully we can all get back to earning more!

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 10:06 AM
I have found that the easiest part about using SR is that the offers are all marked whether or not you have gotten credit for them. I also like that if you go to the All Offers link then anything on their you haven't received credit for or or haven't placed in pending. Ok to do. KWIM? I think that a good rule of thumb is to do an offer and place it in pending and then not to touch it for awhile. I would think that if a month goes by and no credit has been recieved then you can try again. If offers are listed as seperate on here then they are ok to do them all. The people who are going to have the hardest times are those who are doing multiple sites. You will have to do your best to track every penny you make and not repeat offers of any kind. This might be more extreme then what is needed but I think it is better safe then sorry. If an offer accidently slips through then it won't be a huge deal because it will only be one. If you aren't tracking and you are doing the same What she has to say offer on 3 different sites in the same week there is a problem especially if you are going to each site you do and doing the same bunch of freebie offers on each site each day. I know there are certain people who really love more than one site. Perhaps the best recourse is to pick what you really love about each site and do that on only that site. If you want to do more than one site make sure to split of the freebie offers between sites if you are set on doing them on more than one site. Personally I find that this is supposed to be fun and easy so concentrating my efforts in one place works for me. HTH!

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 10:39 AM
Lots of questions. LOL! I wish that I had more answers. Part of the problem is that different networks have different rules. Some of them honestly tell me (basically) to let you sign up as many times as you want with as many different email addresses as you want and they will never reverse my credits. Others take the other extreme and say that they will reverse of the advertiser even so much as complains. So I try to be conservative in what I tell you. I'd rather be safe than sorry, KWIM?

Daily Surveys--If you and your DH are taking them separately on different computers on different sites, you should be fine. We've never had a fraud issue on a single daily survey before. They do the blocking for us.

"This offer is not available to you"--I love that one network gives this error if you have already completed the offer. However, all of the networks won't work together to put this kind of technology in place. If the fraud keeps up the way that it is, they will have no choice to do something like this.

WSHTS, Consumer Expressions, etc--I think it is okay to do these same COMPANY ones multiple times as long as you are not doing the exact same one (Consumer Expressions Trip to the Beach) over and over again. Each offer is a different contest on their sites and has different requirements within it. Now, you may not get credit again because you are already in their database. But that doesn't make it cheating. When we see reversals on these are when they decide that what you did enter was fraudulent (fake name, fake address, fake phone number). That's what is considered fraud to them, not duplication.

Insurance offers--These are duplicates if you do them and get credit anywhere and then do them again somewhere else to get credit. That would get your credits revoked. Also, entering any fake information when you sign up would get your credits revoked.

For the hundreds of offers on our site, we have only ever gotten reversals on the 3 insurance offers, efax, jeopardy, 1 on 1 psychic, search for jesus, and your top brands. And the total number on all of those was about 25. So out of literally thousand and thousands of credits, we've had about 25 total reversed (of which ALL of them have been in the last 2 months and all through the same two network).

So there really isn't any big problem right now except that I want us to all be very careful so that it doesn't turn into a bigger problem. I'm not going to ban someone over freebies. But when I specifically say not to enter fraudulent information on the insurance offers and then get 3 out of 3 reversals on the same person, I start to get concerned.

missymouse
07-30-2007, 10:52 AM
The problem with the fraudulent information is that in order to do some of the offers I have to use a made up phone number or a friend's number because some of them do not recognize my real honest phone number , my cell number, or my private phone number as a real number. All three of them are very valid but because I live in an area that is on a line between two area codes they say all the numbers are out of the area for my address. Since it would cost tons of money to get any one of these changed I usually use a friend's phone number sometimes even that won't work. I also have run into sites that don't recognize my address as being real either so I have used a friend's address with her permission on those. If they don't recognize my phone, cell phone, private phone AND my address I just forgo the offer. I guess from now on if they don't recognize the number I will have to just give up on the offer.

sammielynn
07-30-2007, 11:09 AM
I'm still bummed over Search for Jesus. No credit and still I get e-mails from them after I ask to be taken off their mailing list. Elite Mate is the same way, no credit but tons of e-mails. I know you win some and you lose some but darn their hides.

linanglab
07-30-2007, 11:13 AM
So, as of right now, if we have not been banned, we are okay. We just need to keep track of what we do, right?

To the PP. I understand the offers not recognizing personal info. I had one offer that kept telling me my last name was not legit. ummm....Smith is not a legitimate last name??? :confused: I had to skip that offer....

Thanks Tricia! The info is helpful. From here on out, I am going to write down all of my freebie offers....

Angela

bartleby1
07-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Thanks for trying to answer all of our question, Tricia. I know that the rules are always changing and different advertisers have different sets of rules, but I truely appreciate you sharing the information you have!

wilsonfamily4
07-30-2007, 11:19 AM
I wrote this before I saw Tricia answered some of it. :)

I also have a question though. I am like some of the above where once in awhile it just will not take my real info. Sometimes I use my maiden name. How would they know that Martin, my maiden, wasn't my last name legally now?

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 11:21 AM
So, as of right now, if we have not been banned, we are okay. We just need to keep track of what we do, right?

To the PP. I understand the offers not recognizing personal info. I had one offer that kept telling me my last name was not legit. ummm....Smith is not a legitimate last name??? :confused: I had to skip that offer....

Thanks Tricia! The info is helpful. From here on out, I am going to write down all of my freebie offers....

Angela

My concern is I do keep track of my freebies, but I don't always go back & look to see if I've done them before...guess I'm going to have to now!!

BTW, Cute new photo!!

tarheelpat
07-30-2007, 11:26 AM
Wow -- it's really hard to know when to redo stuff that doesn't credit, isn't it? I've not been keeping track of what I've done other than moving them to pending, but I'm going to start. I also have been bad about putting the offers in Tricia's emails in pending -- I just do them and cross my fingers!

wilsonfamily4
07-30-2007, 11:27 AM
OT I also love your new picture. SOSOSO cute

Mom2aPrincess
07-30-2007, 11:34 AM
I had on my list to do today but now want to confirm before I do it.

I ordered the "free samples" from Vista print on 7/3 and have not received credit (have received the cards and stamps). Since I was just blessed with a new teenager, all of her contact information (address, phone, cell, etc) is changing and I thought I'd order her a set of cards as a gift when I give her the new cell phone I got her. Ok... Can I do this?!? I most certainly don't want to have to leave SR over it (as Vista sends me all kinds of emails for free ones and I can go directly though them), but would really like to get the credit after depleting my account last week...

So, Tricia (or whoever knows the answer)....what's the verdict?

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 11:42 AM
If you have never recieved credit for that offer you can do it again.

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 11:47 AM
If you have never recieved credit for that offer you can do it again.

Indulge my Monday Morning Brain...."never received credit for that offer"= at SR or at ANY GPT site? So let's say I haven't done it at SR, but I have done it at another site & did get credit (but use a different site specific email address, but most likely the same computer & home address) can I do it at SR? or is THAT what is fraud???

Mom2aPrincess
07-30-2007, 11:51 AM
Indulge my Monday Morning Brain...."never received credit for that offer"= at SR or at ANY GPT site? So let's say I haven't done it at SR, but I have done it at another site & did get credit (but use a different site specific email address, but most likely the same computer & home address) can I do it at SR? or is THAT what is fraud???

I think she means EVER...on any rewards site. Getting a company (like Vista Print) to pay you twice for the same offer (even if different reward sites) I think is what they are calling fraud??

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 11:52 AM
If you have never received credit for that offer ANYWHERE you can redo it. If you have ever received credit you can't. Doesn't matter where you tried it at the first time, unless you are disputing it on the other site and may end up with credit. You cannot get credit for ANY offers more than once over sites. This especially applies to offers that are paid offers like Vista. If you tried it at the other site and didnt get credit then you can retry it at SR but that applies to this one only. I wouldn't retry things like Blockbuster or Netflix or Dermacia or anything like that if you tried it once and didn't get credit. It is difficult because alot of it is offer specific kinda. When in doubt, ask. It is always better to be safe than sorry.

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 11:56 AM
If you have never received credit for that offer ANYWHERE you can redo it. If you have ever received credit you can't. Doesn't matter where you tried it at the first time, unless you are disputing it on the other site and may end up with credit.

Ok, I'm evil this morning (but I just want to figure this all out)...what about those that are more shopping like Vista Print?? I understand the freebie offers so I'll be watching those more closely hopefully I'll remember if I've done them or not...sometimes they all start to look the same...but those that are shopping (not the percentage shopping but a flat rate shopping) would those count as fraud?

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Yes, if you redo a Vista Print offer that you already received credit for, or an offer like Shutterfly where you get $4 for your first order, or perfume.com where you get $6 for your first order where you have already received credit at SR or any other site THAT is exactly what is the biggest part of fraud. Those offers are only to be completed once for credit. They don't want to pay out twice to get the same customer. The point is that they think if they give you the reward to become a customer then you will buy more stuff and become a loyal customer. HTH! :sunshine2:

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Yes, if you redo a Vista Print offer that you already received credit for, or an offer like Shutterfly where you get $4 for your first order, or perfume.com where you get $6 for your first order where you have already received credit at SR or any other site THAT is exactly what is the biggest part of fraud. Those offers are only to be completed once for credit. They don't want to pay out twice to get the same customer. The point is that they think if they give you the reward to become a customer then you will buy more stuff and become a loyal customer. HTH! :sunshine2:

Thanks Janet! This is exactly what I needed spelt out for me this morning!! :p

Soccer Princess
07-30-2007, 12:39 PM
Did you get a notice of the credit reversal or just notice that your account balance had gone down? Is there any way people who did have credits reversed could be notified of that incase we don't memorize our account balances? lol

linanglab
07-30-2007, 12:48 PM
I never received credit ANYWHERE for the t-shirt offer. It has been shipped and is on its way here. So, does that mean I can do that offer again? Since my address and everything is already on file, will I get in trouble for doing it? I could always use t-shirts, but don't really NEED them. I would hate to do it, not receive credit for it - again - and then get in trouble.

Angela

PS - thanks for the kind words on my new signature pic guys! I look a bit nerdy with my squinty eyes and minnie ears, but hey! we were a WDW and I was VERY happy!

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 12:54 PM
Did you get a notice of the credit reversal or just notice that your account balance had gone down? Is there any way people who did have credits reversed could be notified of that incase we don't memorize our account balances? lol

It does show up in your account. It's a line item that says why we take the points away (what offer, etc).

Soccer Princess
07-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Oh okay -- thanks!

mum4jenn
07-30-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok..I have a question(s) and I have never really known where to post it or how to answer it.

Ok so places like Generous Genie that have several offers on a page...are those actually different offers or is more like out of the 5 offers choose ONE only. I have not done too many of the offers because I never really understood how those multiple ones worked.

Also once you click on an offer...just how much (how many pages) do you have to do to get credit? I have clicked on a few and there is just page after page after page after page...etc of offers tat you have to click yes or no to. For example..I might click on the offer where you could get a $500 shopping card and the offer is for 40 cents. I KNOW I don't want to do all the required stuff for that huge shopping card but just how much do you have to do to get credit for the 40 cents???

I have gotten MOST of my credits from surveys and a few of the offers but I am sure I could do more if I just understood the way things worked a bit better.

I am sorry if this is not the right place to ask this...it can be moved if necessary.

mollyeilis
07-30-2007, 01:19 PM
I think I need a bit more clarification on the Vista Print thing. (I keep thinking of Denzel's line in Philadelphia..."I need you to explain it to me like Im' a 3 year old", or something like that(

I would have sworn that we've been told we can do each offer they throw to SR. But now with the question/answer on the last page, my overanalyzing "brain" thinks it's seeing that you can only do ONE offer from them, EVER.

Is it one offer from them ever, or is it one of each offer they send SR's way?

I guess from now on if they don't recognize the number I will have to just give up on the offer.

That's what I've done. All I have is a cell from the area code up the road, and it REFUSES that number (even though it's a real number). But once I tried to just change the area code, and it refused that too...so their system can recognize that the number doesn't match (area code and prefix), but they can't figure out that the real number is real? They have a silly system.

I have found that the easiest part about using SR is that the offers are all marked whether or not you have gotten credit for them. I also like that if you go to the All Offers link then anything on their you haven't received credit for or or haven't placed in pending.

I don't know...SR shows I haven't done Synovate, but I have a Synovate account... I can't figure out from Synovate if it's a household or an individual account. Just found out that DH likes to do surveys every once in awhile, and was SHOCKED to find out he was doing them for FREE! Can you IMAGINE???!!???? I want to get him hooked up with some place that might pay, but can't figure out if I can sign HIM up with Synovate or use the account I already have with them...

Anyway, it's not a foolproof system, b/c I know I didn't join Synovate through the other big site that starts with M that is the only other one I use, but I don't have credit through SR for it, it seems...

I know other rewards sites specifically say to try the freebie offers over again with other email addresses. Given what our advertisers have told us about duplication, it really surprises me that they would be openly encouraging that.

One wonders if they just do NOT understand computers, IP address, cookies, and so on.

mjjmbnmm
07-30-2007, 01:30 PM
also move things to pending just to get rid of them, sorry about that.

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 01:45 PM
On the Generous Genie, those are all separate offers. We limit how many we have up at one time so that you cannot do too many at once (usually only 1 or 2). And then we switch them out with new ones as new ones come out. I think most sites do that. YOU run into trouble if you do 2 from me, 2 from Kira, 2 from Dmitry, etc. so that you have actually done 8 or 10 in a week instead of the 1-2 that the advertisers recommend.

Vista prints are all technically separate offers. So you can do each one once total. Sometimes we don't get the credits and cannot dispute them because they are more like freebies than shopping. But it is NOT fraud to do each offer once. If you like what you get from them, then the expectation is that you would shop directly through them or through the shopping links for future purchases because they take a BIG loss on each free tshirt, free business cards, etc offer (figure the item itself, the reward you get, the cut that I get, and the cut that the third party middle man gets).

disney_girl
07-30-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the explanations Tricia! I've pretty much stopped doing offers anywhere but SR. I still do the paid clicks on a few other sites, but I've had such good results with SR that I stick with this site!

It's great that you inform us of all the new developments!

cglaura
07-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the explanations Tricia! I've pretty much stopped doing offers anywhere but SR. I still do the paid clicks on a few other sites, but I've had such good results with SR that I stick with this site!

It's great that you inform us of all the new developments!

Ditto...this is my main site now and I do one other just daily surveys/paid emails - a.k.a takes forever and a day to get to cash out status but quick, safe and easy :) . I feel kind of bad because I like the person at the other site, I've just been a member here the longest and it is more like "family" and wouldn't want to risk being banned.

savedbygrace
07-30-2007, 07:46 PM
Okay, so I just received an e-mail from SR (a normal, look at our new offers etc type e-mail) that showed my balance. I was kind of shocked since I had just cashed out a couple weeks ago, and I thought my balance should've been zero. So, I logged in and my history says that $10 was reversed. Ten dollars gone?! What in the world happened with the photostamps offer?? I've never ordered photostamps other than that one time.

Sorry if I'm a little more perturbed than others here, but I'm still a little upset over the fact that I had originally cashed out for paypal a week and a half to two weeks ago only to find out that no, the payout time was not 3 days (as was stated on the redemtion page), but it would be almost a month. Not really much of an apology was offered either. Soooooooooo, now not only do I not have my paypal in time for my daughter's birthday this weekend (the ONLY reason I cashed out for it in the first place instead of a gc was because I thought it would be the quickest redemption), but now, I won't even be receiving a cash out at all!!?? So, now I guess I'd need to "re-order" my redemption, but if I do, I'm starting to wonder if I'll even see it?! Again, sorry if I sound upset, but I haven't been active with SR since last year only to start doing offers again recently. Now, I'm having second thoughts about the whole program. Just a little irritated, and I hope that my feelings are at least understandable given my situation.

I'll probably regret writing this e-mail later. Sorry.

sunshinecindy
07-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Okay, so I just received an e-mail from SR (a normal, look at our new offers etc type e-mail) that showed my balance. I was kind of shocked since I had just cashed out a couple weeks ago, and I thought my balance should've been zero. So, I logged in and my history says that $10 was reversed. Ten dollars gone?! What in the world happened with the photostamps offer?? I've never ordered photostamps other than that one time.

Sorry if I'm a little more perturbed than others here, but I'm still a little upset over the fact that I had originally cashed out for paypal a week and a half to two weeks ago only to find out that no, the payout time was not 3 days (as was stated on the redemtion page), but it would be almost a month. Not really much of an apology was offered either. Soooooooooo, now not only do I not have my paypal in time for my daughter's birthday this weekend (the ONLY reason I cashed out for it in the first place instead of a gc was because I thought it would be the quickest redemption), but now, I won't even be receiving a cash out at all!!?? So, now I guess I'd need to "re-order" my redemption, but if I do, I'm starting to wonder if I'll even see it?! Again, sorry if I sound upset, but I haven't been active with SR since last year only to start doing offers again recently. Now, I'm having second thoughts about the whole program. Just a little irritated, and I hope that my feelings are at least understandable given my situation.

We have clearly stated in emails and on the terms and conditions page that we are now holding paypal cashouts and that if an advertiser reverses the credit, that we will reverse the paypal cashout. Because of so many credits reversing, we have had to institute this stipulation. If you were one of the people that ordered the cheap stamps from stamps.com against what we were telling our members because we were afraid of reversals, then this could be the reason you had that reveral. Stamps.com had a mistake on their website and it was corrected rather quickly by them, but they will not pay out for this order. Advertisers have the right to do that, but you can file a TT about your order if you like. We understand your frustration, but we have stipulations that we have to follow also and paypal cashouts seem to be affected the biggest because of fraud.

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 09:13 PM

Wow thats a shame that you had a credit reversed from photostamps. I know there was so much discussion about the problems with this offer because of the free stamps and also because some people, like Jen I think, ordered the full price stamps and didnt get credit. It is an unfortunate side effect of doing these types of sites. The offers are paid by advertisers and we all have to play by their rules. I guess though that it is a good thing that the paypal cashouts are held because if they would have reversed after you cashed out you would have owed SR money. Would have sucked to try earning money just to get back to zero. I think that the reason for hold off on paying out these paid offers until the 15th of the next month is so that SR gets paid and cleared by the advertisers and then they know the money is free and clear. Keeps people from having to return money they have already gotten. Im sorry about your daughters birthday. I hope it all goes really great anyway.

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 09:21 PM
Wow thats a shame that you had a credit reversed from photostamps. I know there was so much discussion about the problems with this offer because of the free stamps and also because some people, like Jen I think, ordered the full price stamps and didnt get credit. It is an unfortunate side effect of doing these types of sites. The offers are paid by advertisers and we all have to play by their rules. I guess though that it is a good thing that the paypal cashouts are held because if they would have reversed after you cashed out you would have owed SR money. Would have sucked to try earning money just to get back to zero. I think that the reason for hold off on paying out these paid offers until the 15th of the next month is so that SR gets paid and cleared by the advertisers and then they know the money is free and clear. Keeps people from having to return money they have already gotten. Im sorry about your daughters birthday. I hope it all goes really great anyway.

Janet-You either have a great memory or I'm a big ol' complainer!! :blush:

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 09:25 PM
LOL Good memory, bad will power!

tink2008
08-03-2007, 12:57 AM
Just wanted to make sure I understood this.

1. only use one email address. Is using private phone fraudulent?

2. as long as it doesnt say that the offer is paid with a big fat YES. and it is not in my pending. I can do the offer?

3. After 3-4 weeks if I havent gotten credit for it I can redo it?

I have redone a few of my first offers because i didnt have my cookies set to accept cookies. I hope that doesnt mess me up in the long run.

:sunshine2:

Anna
08-03-2007, 06:20 AM
I have really only ever participated in SR and one other rewards program (mp). The other one I have been with since like 1997 I think. :)

Since SR, I rarely ever do anything with the other one. :angel:

SR is much more ADDICTIVE and MUCH more fun. Plus, I love the people here. It is so much fun to socialize with this group. Tricia, you run a great site! SR is the best.:sunshine2: