PDA

View Full Version : (ENDED) Countdown Contest: 45 Days Until Christmas

missangie
11-09-2008, 09:45 AM
What are you buying your sweetheart for Christmas? Don't worry, your sweetheart doesn't have to be your husband or wife. It can be any special family member, friend or significant other! Tell us what you plan to buy that special someone before midnight tonight, and you are entered to win a prize.

One random winner will be chosen at the end of today's contest.

Standard Rules Apply:

http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17569

dcanoli1
11-09-2008, 09:57 AM
my sweethearts (my boys) things they have been waiting for all year...

I've managed to hold them off, so my oldest DS is getting his "treasured" iPod nano (:love:) and my youngest DS is getting RockBand, but shhhh....

They don't know! :thanks:

mindyd2006
11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
My Girls are getting too much stuff to list so I will list my Hubby he is getting a Tom Tom Gps System and a Xbox 360!

mmm611
11-09-2008, 10:05 AM
My sweetheart is my furry little sister (parents' dog) and she's getting a new laser pointer. She needs new batteries for her best friend, Spot, and since it's impossible to find batteries for those things, I just buy her a new one with the most extra batteries included. She will be so happy to see Spot again, but so upset that he has to go on vac ation from Thanksgiving to New Years because she gets too wild with him when the Christmas tree is up.

Pooh's Pal
11-09-2008, 10:10 AM
We are going to Disney World! :mickey: :minnie:

After a year of planning.....40 days and counting now! :xmascheers:

spring
11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Since we are going on an Eastern Mediterranean Cruise the end of January, my DH and I agreed not to exchange this Christmas. We want the extra money for the excursions we booked.

However, DH's birthday is in December, so I bought him a Digital SLR camera and accessories.:D Yep, sneaky of me.;)

kxmeeh
11-09-2008, 10:14 AM
my hubby is getting a gps. i found one on black friday from radio shack. checked on here and i can get a refurbished one (with a warrenty) for cheaper than it would have been if i had waited in a cold line at midnight :sunshine2:

speechteachri
11-09-2008, 10:15 AM
We are doing a family gift this year....Wii!!!!

julie007
11-09-2008, 10:39 AM
We are going to Disney World! :mickey: :minnie:

After a year of planning.....40 days and counting now! :xmascheers:

We are also going to DISNEY! My ticker on The Dis says 1 month 6 days! We will be there the 15th -20th!

zoodoyle
11-09-2008, 10:40 AM
Well, my husband and I were supposed to be buying a new tv for ourselves for Christmas - but Christmas came early when he found a great deal on a 48" Sony Bravia this past week :D

faithhope
11-09-2008, 10:44 AM
My girls are getting rock band - world tour- band kit
It might be a late gift though, as I'm still searching SR stores to find it.

ligrumpygirl
11-09-2008, 10:53 AM
No idea what to buy DH...he has everything!

Just bought DD Stylin Studio. She saw it on etoys but it is sold out so got it at Walmart $10 cheaper AND 97 cents shipping!

kimbih
11-09-2008, 10:59 AM
Dh wants some computer games. I also just found an exclusive Police CD/DVD set at Best Buy for him. :D

~Kathie
11-09-2008, 11:00 AM
I bought DH a Garmin GPS.

dcanoli1
11-09-2008, 11:01 AM
My girls are getting rock band - world tour- band kit
It might be a late gift though, as I'm still searching SR stores to find it.

Okay, DUH...never thought about buying my Nano thru SR! BUT..it was a back to school special at Target, and there was only one left last week....

But...to answer your question (sort of)...I am getting RB for my son (not sure if it's World Tour or not), but both Best Buy and Wal-Mart have it for $119.

I was trying to hang on and see if Best Buy mailed a 12% coupon out before Christmas.

.....so got it at Walmart $10 cheaper AND 97 cents shipping!

GOT to love that!

Hedy
11-09-2008, 11:03 AM
The cats are getting new collars.

joiev98
11-09-2008, 11:07 AM
We are going to Disney Dec. 13 and I am surprising DH, DD14, DD12, DD9 and DS6 with tickets to Blue Man Group, and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. Those tickets, along with the trip, are their Christmas gifts. They know about the trip as we have been saving for almost 2 years. Good thing I have been able to cash out for some Disney gift cards from Sunshine Rewards to help out! lol!

piglet-for-me
11-09-2008, 11:20 AM
Mine is on the practical side. I bought my DH a new wallet from shoebuy. Everytime he opens the one he currently has, he complains that he needs a new one. Now if I can just prevent him from buying one on his own, I'll be good to go on Christmas morning.

I bought several Wii & PS2 games through merchants here for the kids.

disneymomma
11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
My sweetheart is getting a card that says he will be going on a Disney cruise next October. He's gonna be sooooo surpised and excited.:love:

ladyjane98
11-09-2008, 11:24 AM
All of my Sweethearts are getting the same gift this Christmas. Instead of buying lots of presents, this year we're all spending time together at a waterpark. I can imagine all the fun! We'll play at the waterpark of course, visit, eat, have hot chocolate, and play games. I'm very much looking forward to it. What better Christmas Present is there? We'll all give time with each other. (Of course I'll break down and get everyone a little something to open)

3dog2kidmom
11-09-2008, 11:34 AM
I am buying my sweethearts a laptop, so they don't have to fight me for mine anymore ;)

sarah4770
11-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I really want to find an affordable laptop for my 17 yr old son.
He is going to start college (Knock on wood!) next year, and has had a tough year... I went though an illness this year and it took a toll on him and he really pitched in. I'd like him to have something special this year.

catnapfan
11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
I'm getting DH a pair of slippers. He always says he doesn't need slippers yet I always find him slipping mine on when he lets the dog out.

askomsky
11-09-2008, 12:08 PM
My kids are going to get World Tour for the Wii. They want a trampoline and i thought I sold DH on it, but he's still resisting.

missymouse
11-09-2008, 12:24 PM
My Sweetie wants Mooto Metal Warrior Karate Shoes. Now if only SR could add Centurymartialarts.com so I could get cash back that would be terrific. For the younger sweeties I am considering down comforters for their beds.

dparra
11-09-2008, 12:25 PM
a disney cruise (our first!) after we run the animal kingdom 5k!

disney_girl
11-09-2008, 12:31 PM
DH is getting a new cellphone through BestBuy.com. I am getting a new digital camera also probably through Bestbuy.com.

DD is getting the Fisher Price bouncing Zebra for her birthday (Dec3) and the Laugh & Learn home for Christmas. DS is getting the Batman Batcave and some Star Wars figures we got when we were at WDW last month. The Fisher Price and Imaginext stuff is through ToysRUs.com

I'm thinking of sending SIL and BIL gifts from Cheryl & Co or Mrs. Prindables. The grandparents will get calendars I am making on either Shutterfly or Kodak.

That's all I can think of at the moment...I'm finishing up everything by the end of the week- I want it out of the way so I can really enjoy December!

arob414
11-09-2008, 12:36 PM
The girls are getting stuff to go with our Wii we bought, this summer. I was going to go heavy on gc's (THAT is what THEY said they wanted) but now I am hearing lots of wants. DD13 wants anything Twilight and DD10 wants anything Bratz. I am also getting them new tv's for their rooms, if I find a great deal, otherwise I will wait until tax returns.

lkturner
11-09-2008, 12:39 PM
My husband wants a new bicycle and that's what he's going to get! :)

Candi
11-09-2008, 12:44 PM
We are getting the whole family a Wii.

fourfoxesinpa
11-09-2008, 12:47 PM
We typically don't get each other BIG Christmas presents since it's all about the kids for us, just a couple of small items. BUT, I did find him a really cool DVD that he's going to enjoy about the horseshoe crabs and shorebirds of the Delaware Bay where our beach cottage is located and the last DVD that's going to made by Pete Seeger (DH plays banjo and loves him). Both items bought through SR, of course! AND, I'm crossing my fingers that we can surprise the kids with a second trip to WDW in March with their cousins.

froggi999
11-09-2008, 12:58 PM
my sweetheart is my son. he's redecorating his livingroom so i'm going to buy him a new area rug.

sabrina90744
11-09-2008, 01:04 PM
Thanks to SR, my kids are going to Disney World!!!

deana
11-09-2008, 01:15 PM
My family is going to Disney!!! 4 more weeks!!! And the kids still don't know!

tink1212
11-09-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm on the WDW bandwagon, hubby and I's big Christmas is going to be seeing :mickey: & :minnie:!!! Jan 11th-18th!!

PSL1013
11-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Since my husband and I have been on two cruises this year plus a trip to Disney, I'm going on a girls only cruise the first of December, also going on a 10 day cruise next April...we have decided that we have spend enough of my son's inheritance this year, so we decided not to exchange gifts....we buy what we want, when we want throughout the year anyway. I much prefer spending on gifts for my son and soon-to-be fiance and hubby agrees! :D

jenvance
11-09-2008, 01:56 PM
DD is getting a guitar, DS is getting a nintendo ds, and we are going to disney the two week after New Years. And I am getting the DH the photopass cd so we can getsome family pictures

mirandag819
11-09-2008, 02:22 PM
My sweetheart (DH) goes to Iraq right after Christmas, so picking a good gift for him has been tough. I don't want to buy him something he can't use for a year or 2. I think I have decided to get him a flip camera so he can make videos of himself from Iraq to send to DD while he is gone. We already planned for dd and me to send him video from my sony handycam, but I think he and dd will like it if he can film himself too, and the flip should fit in his pack.

jendon1997
11-09-2008, 03:01 PM
My DD7 really wants a Nintendo DS. She has been asking for a year or two now and we believe she is now responsible enough to get one and actually take care of it.

mia214jia
11-09-2008, 03:35 PM
I am going to get hubby a RYOBI 18v combo set through Home Depot ( shipping is only 7.00). And I am considering ( magic word, there) a laptop for DD10 with her being in advanced classes I think it would really help with her homework and portfolio projects. So far BestBuy has me hooked for 20.00 shipping. And we as a family are getting a Wii, to be bought by my cashout!

sammielynn
11-09-2008, 04:18 PM
So far:
DS19: The Simpsons season 8 & 9
DS17: A new MP3 player
I know they will find other things that they want.

Sahmy
11-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Let's see:

DD4 - A Disney Camera
DD11 - A Digital Camera
DS13 (well, he'll be 14 by Christmas) - no clue - totally lost, not even sure what to get him for his bday in a few weeks. He is SO hard to shop for and his list is so vague. He is a gadget geek like his dad but he already has all the gadgets that he wants.

Plus, some miscellaneous smaller gifts.

DH - Well, I picked up a Zombie costume in the after Halloween clearance (he is a HUGE Zombie movie fan) but I don't know if that will be one of his Christmas or birthday (a couple of days after Xmas) present. I am pretty sure that this will be the weirdest gift of the season.

shmily1
11-09-2008, 05:17 PM
I have three sweathearts--DH is getting a Harley ring that looks like a class ring, DS18 is getting a gadget of some sort, and DD17 has a new laptop for impending college and some clothes!!!

jen2kids
11-09-2008, 05:49 PM
This year I am getting DS & DD a wii with some games. And for the DH he has asked for work boots and a winter coat. They are making it very easy this year for me!!

mom2ian
11-09-2008, 06:12 PM
Our family gift this year a trip to Disney World!

metallicaruler80
11-09-2008, 06:22 PM
DS 17 - gas cards, stuff for his drum set
DS 16 - PS 3
husband - not sure yet - need ideas.....

mseg16222
11-09-2008, 06:44 PM
Well after making them wait my DS (9 & 10) are getting a Wii..... THey have been begging forever. My DH and I just got a new travel trailer :cooldance: so he is just getting a few gifts but he has no clue about his Penn State Jersey@!! :)

bartleby1
11-09-2008, 07:04 PM
I think I'm getting my DH a GPS. Unfortunately, I'm electronically challenged so this is going to take quite a bit of researching to find out which one to buy.

aknight373
11-09-2008, 07:15 PM
I would love a trip to disneyworld for christmas, but not with this new puppy!!!

So far all i know i am going to buy my hubby a yamaha home theahter set up for the living room.
then i will just have his parents and i do know i want to get some yankee candles for his mom but i know there will be more!!!!

i am so excited to be doing christmas shopping!!!!

bbangel
11-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I just bought an inspirational book for one of my best friends (through SR of course!). She is having a baby any day now and I wanted to give her something that would help her keep the pre-baby life she loved and just fit family into it.

luvhockey
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
For both DS the wii. For me & DH the wii Fit.

I got DH a DVD of Johnny Quest cartoons. He has a t-shirt from when he was little and won't let either of our boys wear it. Such a dork is my husband.

Sunni
11-09-2008, 07:50 PM
My 1st sweetheart is getting a huge bag of baby clothes and a savings bond.

My DH is going to get the Wii Fit and other games,it's our family present. I am also trying to work out a surprise weekend for just the two of us if my surgery, recovery and everything works out.

drumcorpgirl
11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
My kids are all getting DW giftcards. Going to DW for Christmas. :D

albertamommyof4
11-09-2008, 09:17 PM
my sweat hearts are going to my 4 kids as hubby and i don't really buy anything for christmas
my 2 older boys who are 11 and 9 i think i am going to buy them a nintendo ds as they ahave been asking for one 4 over 2 years and there has been no way of affording it 9 can't really afford it this year either but i am splurging
for daughter who is 6 she is gettiing everything hannah montana as that is who she loves
and son whoi is 2 he is getting a toddler bedding set so he can sleep in his new toddler bed, well new to him lol

lanny76
11-09-2008, 09:47 PM
I think I am going to get my DH a digital picture frame - thru SR, of course! I know he thinks that they are interesting, but I don't think he has thought of buying one himself yet - and electronics are a sure bet for gifts for him!

pbhall13
11-09-2008, 09:51 PM
my girls are getting ruthie and kit from AG this christmas!! An AG store just opened up 35 minutes away from us..so I can actually SHOP in the store for them and find some other cute stuff they girls will love

Arky
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM
My husband is getting an Ipod Touch. Since I got one this week for my soon birthday, he has to wait til Christmas. LOL

jd3921fl
11-09-2008, 10:28 PM
Jewlery. Cant go wrong. White gold most likely.

fanofree
11-09-2008, 10:34 PM
My sweet 21 DD gets her web page every year - I'm also getting her The Nightmare before Christmas DVD and a few other things.
Sweet man in my life gets his phone. I keep him on my family plan and that is his Christmas gift. I might stuff a stocking for him as well.

lostnwv
11-09-2008, 11:39 PM
My girls are getting laptops.

wilsonfamily4
11-09-2008, 11:59 PM
I am getting my hubby a gift certificate to a local golf store. So are my parents so he should get enough to go spend and have a good time.

kimntrent
11-10-2008, 12:12 AM
My husband has been trying to become a firefighter since the first of the year. Because of this he was on several strike teams this year where the leads took amazing pictures. Since they were his first strike teams I want to put together a beautiful photo album for him through one of our sites here. I think it would be a wonderful gift.

Kim

chipndale
11-10-2008, 12:17 AM
My DH is getting a new power drill. He has had it picked out for weeks. :rotfl:

mjjmbnmm
11-10-2008, 12:19 AM
I'm getting my family (dh & dd's)20 game package to the Brewers.

dcanoli1
11-10-2008, 07:52 AM
Wow! I love reading through all these posts! You guys have some really neat ideas!

jo93
11-10-2008, 09:07 AM
I bought one of my daughters a winter coat that she wanted and my other daughter a digital camera. I'm not sure what I'm getting my husband. He wants money.:love:

disneyforever
11-10-2008, 09:33 AM
I bought one of my daughters a winter coat that she wanted and my other daughter a digital camera. I'm not sure what I'm getting my husband. He wants money.:love:

Money? What's that? LOL!!!

DH and I are going to WDW. We are treating ourselves to a carriage ride :love: at Port Orleans and the Yuletide tour of hotels. I cannot wait. We leave in 19 days.

For my DB Michael, I got him (and myself) tickets to Nascar Daytona 500 race in February. They were expensive - so he had better appreciate them LOL. Actually it has always been his dream trip to go to the Daytona 500. I can hardly wait to have him open his gift on Christmas morning. :sunshine2:

missangie
11-10-2008, 09:58 AM
Our winner is. . .

Post #47 mseg16222

Please open a trouble ticket that includes your forum email addy and your mailing address. We'll put an SR prize in the mail to you!

Great gifts ideas! I'm sure your sweeties will love all of you! :love:

mseg16222
11-10-2008, 10:03 AM
:party:

Thank you, I never win anything.....:) Have a good day

jenvance
11-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Congrats to the winner!!