PDA

View Full Version : New PIN Code

dawgsgirl
11-11-2008, 10:26 AM
Anybody get a PIN code email from Disney?? There seem to be a lot of them going out. I got one for April/May timeframe to receive a $500.00 gift card!! I think there is also one that kids are free and also one for free dining. Just wondering if any Sunshine folks got one of these???

jenvance
11-11-2008, 12:17 PM
I got both of them, but the $500 Disney card is for merchandise only and you have to pay $395 for it or something like that. If you read the fine print it cannot be used for the resorts or any food purchases.

schaery
11-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Nothing for me. Did anyone notice if there are any restrictions on the $200 gift card for the 4/3 package next year?

iluvamystery89
11-11-2008, 01:05 PM
anyone get the free dining e-mail? i'm wondering if it's a pin code or just an offer. i'd like to book it if it's not an exclusive pin code.

mirandag819
11-11-2008, 01:20 PM
Nothing for me. Did anyone notice if there are any restrictions on the $200 gift card for the 4/3 package next year?

The $200 gift card for the 4/3 package has the same restrictions, can't be used for resort, food or drink, tickets, services, ect. It is pretty much just for merchandise. It doesn't seem like such a great value to me. Of coarse I can stay at Shades of Green and get discount park tickets there, so I may be a little biased because the discount isn't as good as the one I already get.

bartleby1
11-11-2008, 01:24 PM
anyone get the free dining e-mail? i'm wondering if it's a pin code or just an offer. i'd like to book it if it's not an exclusive pin code.

I received the free dining email and it is an individual pin code. First time I have received a pin but I can't use it. :( It sure would be nice if we could share!

This is the email they sent me (with the pin code X'd out):

FREE
Disney Dining Plan
when you purchase one of these 5-Night/5-Day vacation packages which include room, Theme Park tickets and Disney Dining Plan.
$ 535 per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 4/19–5/21/09.

$ 563 per adult, based on adult double occupancy in a standard room at a select Disney Value Resort. For stays most nights 5/22–6/27/09.
The number of packages available at this rate is limited. One Park per day. Tickets must be used within 14 days of first use. No group rates or other discounts apply. Offer is nontransferable.

Get a head start on planning the vacation of your dreams!
Call 407-939-7771 or your Travel Agent. Book through 11/29/08!
Be sure to have your PIN ready: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Dreaming of other Disney Resort rates?
Ask when you call about great rates for other room types, lengths of stay or Resorts, including Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts.

iluvamystery89
11-11-2008, 01:27 PM
ah darn! thanks anyway! :(

fourfoxesinpa
11-11-2008, 01:43 PM
The $200 gift card for the 4/3 package has the same restrictions, can't be used for resort, food or drink, tickets, services, ect. It is pretty much just for merchandise. It doesn't seem like such a great value to me. Of coarse I can stay at Shades of Green and get discount park tickets there, so I may be a little biased because the discount isn't as good as the one I already get.

Darn, I thought I read the gift card was exactly like we get here through SR. I'm going to have to find those restrictions online as I've already told my sister it could be used for food.

I wish I knew how they email these codes - I'm assuming they don't use the DCL customers in their database and the last time I booked a Disney package was in 2003.

ETA: Now I'm confused - here are the conditions from WDW site:

One gift card per reservation provided at time of check-in. The Disney Gift Card can be used at select participating locations at Walt Disney World? Resort, Disneyland? Resort, Disney Cruise Line?, Disney Store locations in the US, and Disneyshopping.com. It is not redeemable for cash, will not be replaced if lost or stolen without required proof of purchase and it is subject to the terms and conditions of the Disney Gift Card Program. The Disney Gift Card is issued by Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. Gift cards may not be used towards the purchase of any Disney Dollars or Disney Gift Cards. Other restrictions may apply. Use of gift card is acceptance of its terms and conditions. Visit DisneyGiftCard.com for more information about the Disney Gift Card program.

Help anyone??? Thanks!

dawgsgirl
11-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I am also confused. I did not think there were any restrictions on the Disney gift card in the 4/3 offer. And the PIN offer I got says nothing about buying the card or any restrictions at all. Disney makes this all FAR too complicated!

fourfoxesinpa
11-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Yes, when you click on the gift card link at the WDW site that promotes the B4G3 special, www.disneygiftcard.com, it says you can use this way:

The Disney Gift Card can be used at select locations throughout the Walt Disney World? Resort as a form of payment towards admission, hotel stays, recreation, tours, merchandise and dining at participating locations.

It sure looks to me like it can be used for things other than merchandise so I remain :confused:

mirandag819
11-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Yes, when you click on the gift card link at the WDW site that promotes the B4G3 special, www.disneygiftcard.com, it says you can use this way:

The Disney Gift Card can be used at select locations throughout the Walt Disney World? Resort as a form of payment towards admission, hotel stays, recreation, tours, merchandise and dining at participating locations.

It sure looks to me like it can be used for things other than merchandise so I remain :confused:

Hmmm..... Here are the restrictions I read. It looks like pretty much the same restrictions apply to the 4/3 deal, a $500 giftcard for less thing they have been sending around, and also the giftcard on your birthday (which I was bummed about, since we are planning on going the week of mine and DD's birthday.) But maybe (hopefully) it was posted wrong, because now I can't find it on the WDW site either.

The Credit may only be used towards the purchase of merchandise items at select participating merchandise locations that are owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort. The Credit cannot be used towards the payment of a Walt Disney World Resort hotel room night or reservation or a Disney Cruise Line? reservation, or towards the purchase of any food and beverage items, spa services and products, personal services such as face painting, hair braiding, hair wrapping, recreation activities, tours, Disney Gift Cards or Disney Dollars. The Credit is not accepted at Walt Disney World Resort Operating Participant locations, including but not limited to, China, Japan, and Morocco Pavilions at World Showcase in Epcot?, or any other locations or kiosks that are not owned and operated by the owners of the Walt Disney World Resort. May not be used with any other merchandise discounts, including but not limited to, AAA member discount, Annual Passholder discount or Cast Member discount. Except and only to the extent required by law, the Credit will not be replaced if lost or stolen and no portion of the Credit balances are redeemable for cash. The issuer of the Credit, Disney Gift Card Services, Inc. is not responsible for unauthorized use of the Card. See www.disneyworld.com/mywshopping or call 1-877-650-4327 for a complete list of the terms and conditions for the Credit.

Magical JenK
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Ok, 1) no, I didn't get any pin codes dangit anyway...even if I wasn't going to use it, it would be nice to be included. 2) I'd have NO problem whatsoever to use those GCs on merchandise only!! BRING THEM ON is what I say!

schaery
11-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Okay - I just called the Disney Gift Card Guest Services and the CM told me that on the 4/3 offer, the $200 gift card can be used for anything - dining, merchandise, hotel charges - as long as the merchant is owned by Walt Disney. i.e. - In EPCOT, many of the World Showcase pavillions aren't actually owned by Disney and so won't accept the gift cards.

schaery
11-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Ok, 1) no, I didn't get any pin codes dangit anyway...even if I wasn't going to use it, it would be nice to be included. 2) I'd have NO problem whatsoever to use those GCs on merchandise only!! BRING THEM ON is what I say!

I finally got an email pin code but it's for kids 3-9 which I have none of. Oh, wait, I guess I could take my dogs - they're 5 - 9.

julie007
11-12-2008, 09:03 AM
I got both of them, but the $500 Disney card is for merchandise only and you have to pay $395 for it or something like that. If you read the fine print it cannot be used for the resorts or any food purchases.

That is silly. I was thinking that would be a good deal for our December trip. But I was planning on getting it for just that. Food and Resort fees we just don't have a need to buy $500 of "stuff" I guess you would say.