PDA

View Full Version : Free $10 prepaid VISA

tarheelpat
11-14-2008, 04:36 PM
I got a prepaid VISA in the mail today. I THINK it came as a the result of an MID offer! I've sent in a couple of the certificates that you sometimes get in the MID confirmations.

So, if you get one of those certificates, spend the 42 cents and send it in!

askomsky
11-14-2008, 05:09 PM
I got a prepaid VISA in the mail today. I THINK it came as a the result of an MID offer! I've sent in a couple of the certificates that you sometimes get in the MID confirmations.

So, if you get one of those certificates, spend the 42 cents and send it in!
I agree! I think I've gotten 3 so far myself!

sabrina90744
11-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Wow I've always printed them and never sent them. I will for sure now! Thanks for the headsup

schaery
11-14-2008, 05:26 PM
What's an MID offer?

JillyFish
11-14-2008, 05:32 PM
I got a Visa card a couple weeks ago and just sent another one in last week. Definitely worth the time and stamp!!!

MID = My Insider Deals. They are a type of "freebie" offer.

lkturner
11-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Sometimes when I do the MID offers, I get to the end and the screen says "unfortunately you did not qualify for this offer". Does anyone know what that might mean? I wonder what I did wrong?

shmily1
11-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Where do you find them? Have I been doing them online and didn't know it?

piglet-for-me
11-14-2008, 08:22 PM
Isn't that a nice surprise. :clap: I've received a couple as well. Mine have always said My Insider Deals along the bottom.

rumrunnergirl
11-14-2008, 10:54 PM
Cool! I sent for $10 in August. The offer was a MID - vote for BK or McD's and get $10 - and I figured why the heck not? LOL

Hope it comes!

julie007
11-15-2008, 08:33 AM
Sometimes when I do the MID offers, I get to the end and the screen says "unfortunately you did not qualify for this offer". Does anyone know what that might mean? I wonder what I did wrong?

Me too! LOL anyone know??

mmm611
11-15-2008, 10:28 AM

I had that happen once. All I can figure out is that I think I did two MIDs that day without clearing cookies in between. I waited 30 days and got credit on the second time, but I have a really good track record with MID creditting. Hope that helps.

The thing to watch for at the end is an email from MY FREE. There's a confirmation link inside and you get your certificate to send in from that link. Sometimes it's a gift card, sometimes it's the free sample.

julie007
11-15-2008, 05:55 PM
Here is what it says if you click on the last page when it comes up Not Qualified. Those of you that have gotten the gift card email do you complete a different survey other than the original one you clicked on as well?

How to Claim Your Product Sample or $10
Registration
Enter your e-mail address and additional information as needed.

Short Survey
Answer the short survey and/or offer questions. You may find that there are even more great deals to be had on top of free item offered!

Bonus Freebies and Offers
Find a few more special items that could be of great interest to you.

Complete your choice of sponsored offers.
1) Submit email and mailing address information 2) Select one or more offers 3) Complete the survey 4) Check your email inbox for redemption instructions 5) Mail us your redemption certificate 6) Agree to our Terms & Conditions / Privacy Policy, which acknowledges that your information will be shared with our marketing partners.

What does "complete" exactly mean?
By "completing" an offer, you are fulfilling the registration requirements unique to each offer. All information submitted must be accurate.

To receive your Product Sample or $10.
You must print out the Redemption Certificate as instructed in the email you will receive after registering to receive this promotion. Follow the instructions given in that email, and send your Redemption Certificate to the address provided on the Redemption Certificate. You must return the Redemption Certificate within 30 days of registration

kimntrent
11-15-2008, 06:45 PM
I got one too

rumrunnergirl
11-15-2008, 08:15 PM
I got mine today! I thought you could only send away for one MID freebie, so I'm glad I waited for this one.

hjohnson6
11-15-2008, 09:58 PM
I just mailed out a certificate for the $10 Visa Card. I hope it comes quickly!

julie007
11-16-2008, 09:46 AM
Those of you that have gotten the gift card email do you complete a different survey other than the original one you clicked on as well?

mmm611
11-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Nope, you just complete the MID or Aisle 7 offer listed. You have to sign up for something in there, so I usually pick a free email newsletter from the first page. After that, I think I've only gotten the "you don't qualify" message once and like I said, I think I did two that day without clearing cookies.

Your certificate will come in an email a few minutes after you complete it from myfree.

julie007
11-16-2008, 02:43 PM
Nope, you just complete the MID or Aisle 7 offer listed. You have to sign up for something in there, so I usually pick a free email newsletter from the first page. After that, I think I've only gotten the "you don't qualify" message once and like I said, I think I did two that day without clearing cookies.

Your certificate will come in an email a few minutes after you complete it from myfree.

Ahah! That's the ticket! Thank you so much!

Julie

rumrunnergirl
11-17-2008, 05:17 PM
Ok, I got my card, activated and a few hours later I tried to use it and it got turned down twice at Michael's. :(

askomsky
11-17-2008, 05:20 PM
I got mine today! I thought you could only send away for one MID freebie, so I'm glad I waited for this one.

I think the rules say 1 every 6 weeks. I just sent away for my 4th or 5th and i"ve gotten one every time I mailed away for one.

julie007
11-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Ok, I got my card, activated and a few hours later I tried to use it and it got turned down twice at Michael's. :(

That is not good. Are there any numbers on the emails or anything?

askomsky
11-17-2008, 05:27 PM

Somewhere on the website where you activate it, it says you have to wait approx 24 hrs for the activation to take effect. I've used it before and have had no problems. I would wait to try again in another day or two. The paper that it comes with gives you the website where your able to log in to activate it but your also able to check balances. ON there it gives you the rules to follow.

tarheelpat
11-17-2008, 05:37 PM
I got a $10 gift card certificate for the Aisle 7 Walmart offer over the weekend, too -- did everyone else?

askomsky
11-17-2008, 05:39 PM
FYI
I have 2 sitting in my wallet that I was planning on using with my other GC's and cash for xmas shopping Black Friday.

I logged into the website on the back of each card. I put in each number and the 3 digit number and it brings up the balance ($10) , when the card was loaded and last activity. So it shows Aug and Sept they were loaded and the last activity of when I activated them. Just an FYI for those who get them.

mia214jia
11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Got the confirmation emails but I didnt see anything for a certificate. But then again I didnt really pay attention to them until after I caught a glimpse of this thread. ~ Also I wanted to get a opinion from someone here first too.
:thanks: ~ you know who you are!
So moral to this for me is PAY MORE CLOSER ATTENTION:rotfl:

askomsky
11-17-2008, 05:42 PM
I got a $10 gift card certificate for the Aisle 7 Walmart offer over the weekend, too -- did everyone else?

Yup sent away for mine today,.

tarheelpat
12-06-2008, 11:55 PM
Does anyone know how to tell that the card is ready to use. I activated it and the on-line balance says $10. I tried to use it for one of the Vista Print offers, and it was declined. It's not been 24 hours, but the website made it look like it was ready to me.

Anyone?

askomsky
12-07-2008, 12:08 AM
Does anyone know how to tell that the card is ready to use. I activated it and the on-line balance says $10. I tried to use it for one of the Vista Print offers, and it was declined. It's not been 24 hours, but the website made it look like it was ready to me.

Anyone?

I would wait at least 24 hrs maybe more for the weekend. Pay close attention to the exp date. I had 2 that I went to use on 12/1 and one had exp on 11/30. I was able to use the other one at Target that had an exp of 12/31

rumrunnergirl
12-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Did you do the two online steps? That's where I messed up. When I first logged into the site and entered my card number, I thought *that* activated the card, but it didn't - it only registered the card and gave me the balance. There is a second step where you have to activate the card. After I did that, it worked.

Also, at the site it says if your purchase is larger than $10, pay off the balance another way and then use your $10 debit card as a credit card. I didn't do that - I just told the cashier I was putting $10 on a credit card, and used it first, then paid the balance on another credit card.

And, if you're using it for gas, you have to go inside to pay. I didn't know that either and tried to use it for gas but it got declined.

3dog2kidmom
12-07-2008, 10:56 AM
I had great difficulty using mine at Disney towards the end of October. It kept declining at the Pop food court, finally a manager CM put in the numbers manually and they took it. It would not work at Basin in DTD either. I had about $3 left on it when I got home and used it to pay on my next Disney cruise online -- that worked fine! Silly to see a $3 payment, but I wasn't about to let it go to waste, LOL :)

tarheelpat
02-01-2009, 01:18 AM
I tried a Vista print again tonight, so now I'm wondering whether Vista doesn't accept prepaid cards. Does anyone know?

I really want to use the cards (I've got two now!:banana:), but I really don't want to get it turned down at CVS, the grocery store or the movie theatre where they know me. If anyone has any more tips, please post them.

faithhope
02-01-2009, 01:58 AM
I used my prepaid cards to buy a gift certificate to myself at amazon. I always have something to buy at amazon...

piglet-for-me
02-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I have found that I can't use it for more than the value of the card. If I'm trying to purchase something more than $10, it won't take it.

Not exciting, but I use them for $10 at the gas station. I jsut ask the attendant to set the pump to $10 and use the card. Easy enough and I haven't had a problem.

mmm611
02-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Same here. I used my first one for a restaurant bill and upped my tip enough so that the total was exactly $10. The second one, I just bought myself a $10 Best Buy gift card. I haven't activated my third yet, but I'm thinking gift card for that as well.

rumrunnergirl
02-01-2009, 06:13 PM
I used two the other day at Walmart. Once I realized I had to activate them as well as register them, I haven't had a problem. I just tell the cashier I am putting $10 on a credit card. They key in $10 and I swipe the card - no problem. I've used them at the grocery store too.

The paper that the card comes with says to pay the balance in excess of the card first, then use the card as a pre-paid credit card, even though it is a debit card. I use the pre-paid card first as it is much easier that way.

askomsky
02-01-2009, 09:07 PM
I used two the other day at Walmart. Once I realized I had to activate them as well as register them, I haven't had a problem. I just tell the cashier I am putting $10 on a credit card. They key in $10 and I swipe the card - no problem. I've used them at the grocery store too.

The paper that the card comes with says to pay the balance in excess of the card first, then use the card as a pre-paid credit card, even though it is a debit card. I use the pre-paid card first as it is much easier that way.

I've done that too, at Target I just tell them it's a $10 credit card and asked them to enter in 10 before I swipe it. I haven't had any problems with mine other then the one time I forgot to activate it first.