PDA

View Full Version : Offers what to click and what not to click....

MdCaterer
11-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Recently it seems that the offers have so many pop up boxes it's hard to tell what to click and what to shut down. It seems as if you could go through pop ups forever! They all seemed to open up the final stages page as soon as you got on them (you know the try 2 silver, 1 gold and 6 platinum offers) I would always close that window and do the "real one" that came up at the end of the offer. Now it seems that first one comes up and then it comes up again and it starts to get confusing.....does anyone have any good advice on how to handle these to get the offers completed properly?

gpp2001
11-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I've always just closed the pop up boxes but have wondered the same thing - I've hit a bit of a dry spell in freebie offers.

lkturner
11-23-2008, 09:31 AM
I'd like to hear the answer to this question too! :)

arob414
11-23-2008, 09:51 AM
I've always just closed the pop up boxes but have wondered the same thing - I've hit a bit of a dry spell in freebie offers.

Same here. :(

fourfoxesinpa
11-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Same here. :(

Me three. Those darn Modpaths - wish I could figure out why they never credit for me.

spring
11-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Good idea for a thread. I'm wondering, too. I am having fair luck, but it seems like the old "rules" for how to do the paid credits are changing faster than I am. Perhaps someone will come on and enlighten us with nifty new tips.

PSL1013
11-23-2008, 11:05 AM
Good idea for a thread. I'm wondering, too. I am having fair luck, but it seems like the old "rules" for how to do the paid credits are changing faster than I am. Perhaps someone will come on and enlighten us with nifty new tips.

Just want to tell you that I like your new dog picture...I'm having the worst luck with offers lately, even with a brand new email address...nothing is crediting at all for me? You and I are fighting to stay on the big board and with my luck, you are going to knock me off, no doubt about it! now will you back off a little, please?:rotfl:

julie007
11-23-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't think it matters at this point i am trying all different ways and it is just hit and miss.

Then my Blockbuster from last month didn't go thru on the 15th so i have to wait til the 15th of december.

Magical JenK
11-23-2008, 12:50 PM
..I'm having the worst luck with offers lately, even with a brand new email address...nothing is crediting at all for me?

Oh I'm so glad to hear this...sorry...but I am. No freebie offers have credited for me since the beginning of November. I'm glad I'm not alone. New email & all! :hugs:

askomsky
11-23-2008, 01:06 PM
I always close out the one that pops up on me and go through to the end and look at the offers from the last page.

As for the offers I think it's just hit or miss, I tried some bigger ones with a new email and they didn't work but I have gotten others. Since 11/1 I've tried 35 offers and received credit for 25 of them so as long as your settings are correct you shouldn't have a problem.

SunshineGirl
11-23-2008, 01:12 PM
Please remember that the advertisers read our forums. If they see us talking about what you have to look at and what you don't have to look at to get credit, they are not going to pay us anymore.

The best that I can tell everyone is just to take the offers seriously. Go through them with the perspective of the advertiser in the back of your mind. You are basically getting paid to look at advertisements and consider what you are seeing. In addition to that, they are paying for your information. If they already have your information in their database, they don't want to pay for it again--it may be your IP address, your email address, your physical address, etc. We never really know from one offer to the next if it is an advertiser that we have worked with before that just has a new look to their page and a new freebie they are giving away.

We do try our best to keep an eye on the offers when we put them up and make sure that at least 50% of the people who try an offer are getting credit for us to keep it up. If we don't see a decent return, we pull it down.

Hope that helps a little!