PDA

View Full Version : (ended)Countdown Contest: 27 Days Till Christmas

sunshinecindy
11-27-2008, 07:56 AM
Ah, its that famous Black Friday/Cyber Monday weekend. We are looking for deals, and then we like to brag about it.

Tell us what your best bargain find has ever been. It can be from anywhere. (If its a merchant, please make sure they are from SR)

Same rules apply. Contest ends at midnight EST.

spring
11-27-2008, 08:14 AM
I've been stalking Circuit City to get Wii Music for one of my granddaughter's birthday (I've bought them a Wii for Christmas - shhhhhh, it's a surprise). Circuit City had them on sale earlier in the week but sold out online. This morning I was pleasantly surprised that they were back in stock and I immediately scarfed it up. I think it was reduced by $7 or $8 dollars. YAY!:sunshine:

kxmeeh
11-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Circuit city has the wii sports pack for 13.00 instead of 28.00. it may not seem like much, but I havemost of my presents bought. also, at big lots on thanksgiving day, 35.00 for a dvd/vcr combo. heading there now along with kmart, walmart, and probably a grocery store too.

marcymajor
11-27-2008, 08:56 AM
my dd 15 loves jewelry so back in the summer i looked into myjewelrybox.com and found her a beautiful pink sapphire necklace that was priced between $150 and $200 and i got it for $89. you should have seen the look on her face when she opened the box on her birthday. she loved the necklace, the price was great and i would order from them again.:thumbsup:

zummi525
11-27-2008, 09:10 AM
i am heading to big lots in an hour they have bratz dolls for $5 as well as the handheld 20Q game for $5 hope to grab a lot of stocking stuffers

sarah4770
11-27-2008, 09:15 AM
I ended up getting my son an xbox 360 this year instead of a laptop.
I got it off of ebay through microsoft 25 percent cashback. A sizeable rebate...that was a great deal.

Pooh's Pal
11-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Last Thanksgiving my DD had come home from college for the weekend and was complaining her laptop of 4 years was on it's last leg and even the techies at school could not fix it.

So, on Thanksgiving morning my DD was looking through the papers for the Black Friday sales and saw a laptop at Best Buy she thought she wanted. She went on line to Best buy.com and low and behold the Black Friday sales were already on line Thursday/Thanksgiving morning!

What a score, she snagged an HP laptop originally priced at over a $1,000.00 for $450.00! And had it delivered to her dorm room the following Monday morning. :clap:

WHO knew the Black Friday sales started On line on Thursday!!

fourfoxesinpa
11-27-2008, 09:37 AM
I'm about ready to go to the ******** and get a new Compaq laptop for around $350 after the 25% cashback. My computer has decided to start acting up. Lots of locking up, colorful vertical lines, much rebooting. Just need to sit with DH, check out the specs and place the order.

So frustrating having to buy a new laptop - this crappy Acer is only 15 months old...the battery life is about 7 minutes (no exaggeration), buttons are popping off and now the technical issues. Never another Acer in this house!

mmm611
11-27-2008, 09:57 AM
the best deal for me was at Joann's while I was working there. I had found a quliting book I wanted to buy, and when I scanned it to check the price, it came up as a penny. I double checked with a manager and I was able to get it for a whopping $0.02 after tax. I think it was supposed to be ringing up as either $20 or $25.

deana
11-27-2008, 09:58 AM
This year I got wii games at CC buy one, get one half off.

dparra
11-27-2008, 10:38 AM
best ever? thats a hard one.. but the $250 computers at best buy!!

Hedy
11-27-2008, 10:40 AM
In white, just in case she comes over from the DIS.

So I got my DSIL in our family grab, and she's hard to buy for. I considered an eye-fi card, but the cheapest one was $100-twice our limit. So I hopped onto eBay-I won one on eBay for $50! :cooldance::cooldance::cooldance:

toystoryduo
11-27-2008, 10:43 AM
I think the best deal I have gotten in the past year has to be when CVS had their designer perfume and cologne sets at 90% off earlier this year. I was able to get 10 people really nice gift sets and didn't pay more than $2.99/set. (Most sets were $1.99.:banana:)

3dog2kidmom
11-27-2008, 11:19 AM
Norton Internet Security 3 user:

$68
-$9 coupon
-$40 prepaid visa rebate
-$20 upgrade rebate

= free!
also free shipping and 1% back from SR

:D

lkturner
11-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Buy.com Ipod Nano 8g 3rd generation $114.00 (refurbished). I figure the kinks are already worked out with a refurbished :)

linanglab
11-27-2008, 12:03 PM
Target has the movie Hankcock (what my oldest son has been BEGGING for) for $4.00! GREAT deal.

Magical JenK
11-27-2008, 12:06 PM
Last year I got some great deals on Disneyshopping.com...my favorites were the blankets for $5!! Snuggle up w/magic everyday!!

JillyFish
11-27-2008, 12:16 PM
That's a hard one! I'm always on the lookout for good deals, so I've had many over the years. I think the best online deals I've ever gotten have been at The Children's Place. If you combine one of their really good clearance sales with an SR coupon and percentage back, you can really get some steals. I know there have been times when I have gotten a couple hundred dollars worth of clothes for my kids for maybe only around $80 or so.

memanana
11-27-2008, 12:33 PM
Well my 2 older granddaughters both wanted aeropastle "Hailey" perfume and I got the large bottle for each of them for only 9.75 each. reg. price was 19.50 each

PSL1013
11-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Best deal for me this year was at Ebags.com. I purchased an Ameribag purse to take to WDW, I got 20%off and free shipping using SR coupons and I was able to apply Ebags customer rewards from past purchases...of course you can't forget the 5% cash back from SR to top it off!! :heart:

Belle
11-27-2008, 12:50 PM
We like getting the free computer stuff after rebates.

pbhall13
11-27-2008, 02:27 PM
I think the best deal I have gotten was from Disneyshopping.com.

I was able to get blankets (diff. logos/pirates/tinker/princess/cars/) and have names put on them for 5.99! I was able to buy for all my cousins kids and some friends. The best part after the price (plus SR %) was that all the kids loved them!

kayjo
11-27-2008, 04:58 PM
My DD loves designer bags but can't afford the prices. I was able to get a $1950.00 Derek Lam handbag for $200 at Neiman Marcus on Tuesday. At almost 90% off, I couldn't pass up that deal.

Sahmy
11-27-2008, 05:01 PM
I got a Wii for a buck and change.

I had everyone scour the house for games we didn't play anymore. We ended up with a huge box of video games, pc games and one game system. DS and I took them into EBGames (Gamestop). They were having a special and we got an extra 30% credit on trade-ins. They guy totaled everything up and it came to $248 and change!!

He asked me if I wanted to buy anything and I asked him if he had any Wiis. They had just gotten 2 in and I bought one! I didn't have to pay tax either because they didn't charge tax when you paid with trade in credit (still not sure how that worked but whatever).

sammielynn
11-27-2008, 06:52 PM
I just bought Family Guy Season 1 for my son at Bestby.com for $14.99 regular $39. But my best ever was beach towels from Disney for $.99! Everyone got one for Christmas.

OhMari
11-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm about ready to go to the ******** and get a new Compaq laptop for around $350 after the 25% cashback. My computer has decided to start acting up. Lots of locking up, colorful vertical lines, much rebooting. Just need to sit with DH, check out the specs and place the order.

So frustrating having to buy a new laptop - this crappy Acer is only 15 months old...the battery life is about 7 minutes (no exaggeration), buttons are popping off and now the technical issues. Never another Acer in this house!

The life of a laptop is usually one year, 2 at the most. My son does have a Sony and he has better luck with his. My other son and dd went to Northern Michigan University and all students receive a IBM laptop every other year. But most students are lucky if the mother board makes it a year. By the 2nd year, most are replaces keys, mother boards etc. I'm not surprised that the school hands out new ones now every year. You can buy your old one for usually $250 bucks and have your new one on the first day of school.

shmily1
11-27-2008, 09:36 PM
This morning I got my granddaughter two new games for the Vtech she is getting for Christmas from Santa. They were on sale at Kmart for B1G1F!!!! While shopping for these, I also found the HSM3 "Barbie-like" dolls for $7.50 instead of $15.99!!! She got one of those and so did her sister!!!

I love a good sale!!!

askomsky
11-27-2008, 09:58 PM
For me it's always been tradition since the girls were infants (well before but they went with me as newborns) to go out shopping on BF. This is the first year I am not able to go out and enjoy as usual. BUT I am impressed as most of the stores I wanted to go shopping at not only have their sales up online a day early most are offering free shipping so it makes MUCH more sense to do it at the computer and earn cashback then going into the store and spending more then I probably original planned to. What has always held me back is shipping costs, I have to many stores near by to validate paying them shipping but that has been the BIG factor for me this year. Not to mention the retailers are having great sales (early) and I can earn cashback from SR!

jendon1997
11-27-2008, 10:40 PM
At the start of fall CVS has a summer clearance. We found a childrens digital camera. It came down to $7.50. We got it for DD4. We just saw the same camera at Kohls yesterday for around $75.00. Great find!!

~Kathie
11-28-2008, 12:29 AM
My best deal was finding full size beach towels on clearance at DisneyShopping for $1.00. I bought so much other stuff I ended up with free shipping and of course SR credits!!

Alice28
11-28-2008, 01:00 AM
just the other day I ordered a Lands End tunic top I wanted in the summer- it was $39. Got it for $8. :sunshine:

sunshinecindy
11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
And the winner is post #16...

Congrats to linanglab....open up a TT with your full name and addy to claim your prize.