PDA

View Full Version : group lotto...phone text messages?

mollyeilis
08-02-2007, 02:57 PM
I just did Group Lotto based on the mention in the "best offers" thread, and now I've received THREE text messages from them.

Do I need to worry? We have texts in a package, but there IS a limit monthly. But more importantly, does anyone know if they are signing me up for something, and if so, how can I stop it?

Anyone else get texts after signing up with them?

arob414
08-02-2007, 03:09 PM
Send them a STOP message. Not sure if that is the correct thing to do, but in fine print, it mentioned a cell phone charge. I wouldn't have even paid attn to this if DD12 hadn't just cost us nearly $40 in charges. She entered her cell phone into two different websites and was getting text msgs concerning pick up lines LOL and which celebrity she is most alike. She is most like Paris Hilton.:eek:

I had to go to Verizon site to figure out what to do and just luckily, out of the like 6 msgs you can send, STOP was the one each of the companies wanted. HTH

arob414
08-02-2007, 03:11 PM
I forgot to mention, don't put in your cell phone number (for those who haven't done this). If you don't, the fine print is smaller.

m 'n c
08-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Yeah that was something I noticed on that offer and actually closed that window as I didn't want to give my cell number out. I still got credit so I guess my cell wasn't all that important to them.

arob414
08-02-2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah that was something I noticed on that offer and actually closed that window as I didn't want to give my cell number out. I still got credit so I guess my cell wasn't all that important to them.

I got credit, too. So, you don't have to give them your cell.

PSL1013
08-02-2007, 03:44 PM
I did this offer too, didn't put my cell phone # in (I never do this) and also did not get credit...I was thinking that was the reason, hmmmm? When I tried to do this offer, it took me to a page that said corrupt or something, very confusing! :confused:

ETA: This is the page I got when I tried to do this offer: You have reached an invalid page as the information on the URL address had been lost. Either try to press Back and see if that helps or click here to enter your email address again

SunshineGirl
08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Let me add something to this offer ASAP just in case people don't think to look for this.

mollyeilis
08-02-2007, 03:57 PM
Well, ALL I have is my cell, there's no other option. Dangit!

I was doing this one fast, as DH was getting grumpy about a promised haircut, and though I always read terms and conditions, I didn't this time! Grr at self!

mollyeilis
08-02-2007, 04:15 PM
It was this part of the sign-up that got me.

"Yes! I also want a chance to instantly win $10,000 and other valuable prizes from Bid4Prizes. Complete details here."