PDA

View Full Version : ecost.com

marcymajor
12-01-2008, 06:18 PM
i just saw this great deal on a notebook computer from dell for $199 at ecost.com and i was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them b4. my ds 19 wants a laptop for college and this would be a steal at that price but i know nothing about ecost or notebook computers so any help someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

SunshineGirl
12-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Which laptop is it?

marcymajor
12-01-2008, 07:01 PM
it's a dell latitude 1.6GHz Intel wireless notebook with pentium m processor, 512MB, DDR2 RAM, 60GB hard drive, modem, wireless 802. 12.1" LCD display, no optical drive, windows xp Pro. it is also dell recertified A-grade. does this info help? i am not what you would call computer savvy so i don't know if this is a good deal. what do you think?

m 'n c
12-01-2008, 07:09 PM
I have ordered two Wiis from ecost.com and had no issues getting them. Shipping was fast and they were easy to deal with on the phone with ordering. I will say that I was never able to complete an order using the SR link due to the ecost website. I would get to the checkout and they would always have an error when I input my credit card. I would always have to call to order the item. Not sure if it was something to do with what I was ordering or if it is always a problem. I think if you look at the SR member reviews that others have had no problems ordering from ecost so it might just be me.

SunshineGirl
12-01-2008, 07:16 PM
Kevin says that the D400 and the D410 are just a step behind what we use for Sunshine. They do not have a CD drive built in, but you can buy one as an accessory that you plug in to the USB. We've been using similar Dells for about 7 years now with no problems.

marcymajor
12-01-2008, 07:32 PM
would you say that this would be a good first notebook for my 19 year old college freshman son?

SunshineGirl
12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
would you say that this would be a good first notebook for my 19 year old college freshman son?

I think so. Kevin checked out the Dell refurbished site and said that the ecost prices are a lot lower than those on Dell.

marcymajor
12-01-2008, 07:39 PM
:thanks: Tricia for all your help. i'm off to order this for my son. hope he likes it. again :thanks: for everything. you are great.:sunshine: