PDA

View Full Version : Bratz Dolls No More?

SunshineGirl
12-04-2008, 11:37 AM
If your kids are asking for Bratz Dolls, you may want to get them quickly!

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/04/news/companies/bratz_dolls.ap/index.htm?postversion=2008120406

askomsky
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
WOW!!! I never realized it was an issue with a lawsuit included!

Glad my girls never really fed into the Bratz doll craze, a little to racey for them at 5 and 6.

I understand that it's based off of a person working for mattell did this while still working but in my opinion their nothing smiliar and I prefer Barbie over Bratz anyway!

mollyeilis
12-04-2008, 02:26 PM
I understand that it's based off of a person working for mattell did this while still working but in my opinion their nothing smiliar and I prefer Barbie over Bratz anyway!

I always tell my hubby, who likes writing stories, to not work on anything while he's at work, b/c of those pesky forms he always has to sign! Don't want to have to give an employer royalties or have them own it outright! Silly Bratz guy...

arob414
12-04-2008, 02:36 PM
DD13 has outgrown Bratz but DD10 is still likes them. This past year,her interest really peaked. She got dolls, cars, etc for Christmas and her BD. Plus, when she wasn't buying WebKinz, she was buying Bratz with her money. DD13 says she gives her 6-12 months and then she will be done with them. Probably so, she will be 11, next month. Anyway, for this Christmas, I bought her a set of the latest twins. But, I noticed that the selection was way down and there didn't seem to be any new models out. I picked up a bunch for something like 80% off, this summer, and donated them to the Toy Store. Grace saved one back to give Anna for Christmas. Maybe we shouldn't unbox it, might be a collector's item, one day. Something of a nostalgic thing, like the Mrs. Beasley doll or Chatty Cathy. Now, if you know what I am talking about, I know you are old. :rotfl:

mia214jia
12-04-2008, 03:16 PM
One door closes and opens for something else.~ In this case Im not sure I want to know whats next. I personally think the Bratz thing went overboard.
And we as parents have to draw the line somewhere. Little girls need to be little girls NOT grown up little girls!

Blessing and Miracle
12-04-2008, 04:53 PM
I only buy Baby Bratzs for my girls. They appear more innocent. LOL.

I don't think one has to do with the other. That's just like Ford telling all other car manufactures to stopping selling cars because they are the "All American" car.

rumrunnergirl
12-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Glad my girls never really fed into the Bratz doll craze, a little to racey for them at 5 and 6.

I think they're too risque for my 9yo. I read something once that said Bratz dolls only teach girls how to dress if they want to grow up and get a job on the corner, LOL. I won't miss 'em when they're gone. :)

missymouse
12-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Something of a nostalgic thing, like the Mrs. Beasley doll or Chatty Cathy. Now, if you know what I am talking about, I know you are old. :rotfl:

I do remember both Mrs. Beasley dolls and Chatty Cathy. I had a Chatty Cathy and a Betsy Wetsy. Guess I am old.