PDA

View Full Version : Columbia House Offer

sammielynn
08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
I did this offer yesterday and this is the message I got from them. Seem strange to me, my application is under review, what are they reviewing?

Thank you for applying to join the Columbia House TV on DVD Club. We recommend
printing out a copy of this order confirmation for your records.

Just to let you know where things stand, we're now in the process of reviewing
your application, which should take about a week. Once your application is
approved, we'll send you an email notifying you of your membership number, and
instructions on how to register to shop on our members-only website.

At that point, we'll also send you your Member Welcome Package, which will
include the introductory DVDs you selected:

Set Count As Price

Alf: Season One 1 selection $9.98
Jesus of Nazareth 1 selection $9.98

Total Items 2 selections

Shipping & Processing: FREE
Order Total: $19.95

When your application is approved and your selections are shipped, the above
total, plus tax in states where applicable, will be charged to the credit card
you provided on your application.

Most Member Welcome Packages arrive within one week, but please allow up to
four weeks for delivery.

Again, thanks for your application!

Sincerely,

TV on DVD Customer Service

arob414
08-03-2007, 09:08 AM
I did this, too and wondered. I got approval for my mortgage, faster.

sammielynn
08-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I did this, too and wondered. I got approval for my mortgage, faster.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: So very true.

cglaura
08-03-2007, 09:26 AM
I think they review to see if you've ever been a member before or if you have any record of not fulfulling previous memberships.

Does anyone know if this is separate from the Columbia House DVD/Movie Club? I am a member there, wondering if this would still credit or if that would be a fraud issue?

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 10:57 AM
I think it's seperate as I've gotten advertisements for this club with my videos.

jnorth1007
08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
Tricia have you seen any credits pending on this one yet? I am concerned about the membership thing. I was a member of CH years and years ago, probably under my maiden name, I am hoping that wont cause us issues with fraud.

SunshineGirl
08-03-2007, 02:01 PM
These are all through a company that only updates every couple of days, and I haven't seen any credits at all yet. I wouldn't be worried until after Monday.

jnorth1007
08-03-2007, 02:03 PM
LOL Im not really worried about the credit although it will be nice, Im more worried they wont let me have my movies :rotfl:

arob414
08-04-2007, 06:42 PM
I have been "approved" at Columbia House and in looking at their site and prices, they are fairly comparable to DeepDiscount, even paying shipping and tax. Charmed, episode One was even cheaper, right now. They appear to run several specials, I guess similar to all clubs. All in all, I think I will have no problems fulfilling my obligation and then some. Probably the opposite.:rotfl:

Here is the current special info

Get DVDs at 50% Off when you buy 1 at the regular Club price of $19.95 or higher.

All Sets 40% off, no other purchase necessary.

Order early and save more on Upcoming Releases!

Pre-order an upcoming release and instantly save up to $3 off the regular Club price.

A discounted Set or an Upcoming Release -- purchased at $19.95 or higher -- can also act as your qualifying purchase. Each Set used as a qualifying purchase counts as 1 unit and entitles you to DVDs at 50% Off.

You must purchase a DVD at the regular Club price of $19.95 or higher in order to take a DVD of equal or lower value, at 50% Off. Some exceptions apply.

Your Director’s Selection, Upcoming Releases, Sets, and other select titles are not eligible to be taken as a free selection. Standard shipping and processing charges apply to FREE DVDs. FREE DVDs do not earn FunCash(TM)Dollars.

HD DVD and Blu-ray titles have a unique club discount that does not require any other purchase.

Get FREE or Discounted DVDs with FunCash(TM)!

You will earn at least 1 FunCash(TM) Dollar for every DVD you purchase at the regular Club price of $19.95 or higher! And you’ll double your FunCash(TM) earnings when you become a Preferred Member by fulfilling your purchase commitment. Purchasing DVD Collector’s Sets may earn even more FunCash(TM) Dollars!

There are some items that you can not redeem FunCash(TM) on. They are DVDs that you pre-order, High Definition movies and sets, and non-DVD products - video games, merchandise, and Columbia House Gift Certificates.

To find out your FunCash(TM) balance, click on the My Accounttab at the top right hand of your screen.

Note:

Shipping & processing, plus applicable sales tax will be added to all orders.
Shipping & Processing Charges: (subject to change)
Single and Double-Disc Titles: First selection $2.99, additional selections $1.99 each.
Sets and Multi-Disc Titles: 3-disc selections $5.99, 4-disc selections $6.99, 5-disc selections or more $7.99.
If you don't respond to your Director's Selection or choose an alternate by the specified date, the title will automatically be shipped to you at the regular Club price and shipping & processing, plus applicable sales tax, will be applied.
Selections are limited to 5 copies per title.

Magical JenK
08-07-2007, 05:35 PM
These are all through a company that only updates every couple of days, and I haven't seen any credits at all yet. I wouldn't be worried until after Monday.

Ok, it's Tuesday...just wondering how this is crediting! I'd really like to do the offer as I love my TV shows!!

SunshineGirl
08-07-2007, 05:42 PM
I think it has been pretty good. I saw about 10 different people get credits between last night and this afternoon.

Magical JenK
08-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Awesome! Thanks Tricia!!

sammielynn
08-07-2007, 07:13 PM
I got my credit today, but I have'nt heard from columbia house.... Did they send you another e-mail?

m4travels
08-07-2007, 07:32 PM
I just got home and received an envelope from Columbia House regarding the DVD Club. A month or so back out of the blue I received a DVD from them as my introductory DVD for joining. The problem was I didn't join and hadn't even considered joining as I remember what their music club was like back in the late 70s, early 80s. You could NEVER get rid of them.

I didn't get a bill from them but I did receive a notice for my NEXT DVD. I thought I would wait this out, not fill out the notice, and see what happens. Once again, out of the blue, today I received the following message:

We are writing regarding an enrollment in Columbia House DVD Club that was recently established in your name.

It has come to our attention that this enrollment may have been established without your authorization or in error. We have now cancelled this membership and you have no balance or obligation.

Please feel free to keep any products we may have shipped to you and disregard any additional correspondence or billing that you have received or may receive regarding this account.

We apologize for any inconvenience, yada yada yada.

I'm actually quite surprised that they did this without any input from me but am glad they did. I WILL be keeping a copy of this letter just in case something gets lost along the way.