PDA

View Full Version : Save 20% on Photopass CD

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 02:12 PM
One more photopass post...not sure that this one has an expiration date?! Combining this with sharing a CD = GREAT SAVINGS!!!

Save 20% on Disney's PhotoCD

Purchase your PhotoCD before your vacation to lock in on our very best value available.

Here's How It Works:

Step 1: Purchase the pre-arrival savings offer and get Disney's PhotoCD for $99.95 - a 20% savings!
Step 2: We'll send you a promotion code that you'll use to order your PhotoCD online.
Step 3: Visit the Parks and get lots of Disney's PhotoPass photos taken. View tips on how to "fill up" on photos to make your CD an even better value!
Step 4: After your vacation, order your PhotoCD by using the special promotion code. The full cost of Disney's PhotoCD including standard domestic shipping will be deducted from your order

Here's the link:
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

bs4free
08-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Great Deal, I did it! Now to just take our trip!

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Great Deal, I did it! Now to just take our trip!

Glad it could help :mickey: ...I am thinking I'll order one too and then try to strum up the interest for sharing it with other SR members in December...

bs4free
08-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Well I orderd Last week when i saw it on mousesavers, but i always like to give this over a mention or a bump! because its so good. and I love to Highlight that it has FREE SHIPPING of the CD! That makes this deal save over $30.00 and almost a 30% savings!

Did Photopass last september and it only cost 99.95 then, but no graphics or edited photos, like you can get now, but I did not care to much for the price increase so this is just Great!

Shareing is even better. I would join you but I am Going Sep 1-15 so my photos would expire.

Woot 75th Post!

Kycha
08-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Does anyone know if there is an expiration on this? What I mean is, I don't have a trip planned until end of 08, beginning of 09. If I prepay now to get this great deal, would it still work by the time I take my trip??

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Does anyone know if there is an expiration on this? What I mean is, I don't have a trip planned until end of 08, beginning of 09. If I prepay now to get this great deal, would it still work by the time I take my trip??

I actually found this one on a forum and the response from photopass was that it didn't expire.....I think I'm going to send a personal email myself too though....I'll post the reply.

Kycha
08-04-2007, 02:59 PM
I actually found this one on a forum and the response from photopass was that it didn't expire.....I think I'm going to send a personal email myself too though....I'll post the reply.
That would be great! Thanks!

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 03:07 PM
That would be great! Thanks!

I sent the message. I stated that my trip was in December and I had another friend planning for December 08 (didn't know for sure when yours was but figured this would be safe) and wanted to know if we could prepurchase now and use it during our respective trips... :)

jacaluho
08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't mean to be stupid, but can someone really explain the photopass thing to me? I read everyone talking about it, but I am not sure I understand it all. TIA

Mom2aPrincess
08-06-2007, 11:41 AM
I don't mean to be stupid, but can someone really explain the photopass thing to me? I read everyone talking about it, but I am not sure I understand it all. TIA

There are photographers set up all around Disney parks. They (at least the first one) gives you a card (credit card size) with an ID number on it and takes you pictures. After that, you show your card to future photographers as they take pictures of you and your family (most characters have these photographers with them). Your pictures are uploaded online and then you can purchase them. The per picture charge though is really high (at least in my opinion) but you can buy the CD and have copyright privileges to all of them and print them as you see fit. T

he CD's are like 125 dollars (but only 100 with this discount). I'm trying to get interest going for a group of us to share the expense in December and buy one CD and then make copies of it for everyone. If we could get 4 - 5 people that gets the price down to 20 dollars or so.

jacaluho
08-06-2007, 11:45 AM
But if you preorder it, you can get it cheaper? Does it take up a lot of time to get the pictures taken? I don't want to waste a bunch of time. :confused: But I do want some really good pictures!

Mom2aPrincess
08-06-2007, 12:00 PM
It does take some time (not a lot, but you do have to pause for the picture), but we were going to see all the characters anyways (my daughter was 5 and that was a big priority). And I love the entrance photos that have the family in them. I'm always behind the camera so these were rare!

Yes, if you preorder it's 99.95 versus the $125 if you wait until after your trip.

Magical JenK
08-06-2007, 01:13 PM
AWESOME deal!! I got it last year & loved it! I'll for sure be taking advantage! Thanks for posting!!

jacaluho
08-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the response! About how many pictures do you have taken? Just trying to decide if this is right for us. Thanks. One more question, do you pay for it ahead of time or just order it? I am afraid if we order it and then don't get that many pictures taken, it won't be worth it.

schachteles
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!!

I just ordered it...and an FYI...it let me select Express Shipping for FREE!! :cooldance:

These disks are just AWESOME...we got one when we were there last year in April, they did all of the enhancements for you and then when we went back in May there were NO enhancements, so that stunk...but at least now you can do those yourself.

I am assuming they are like before where you get the enhanced and unenhanced images on the disk right???

Mom2aPrincess
08-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Ok...I got my answer from Photopass and the answer is that it expires 6 months after purchasing so you'll have to save the link and hope for the best until 6 months prior to your vacation.

Here's the email:
Greetings Kimberly,

Thank you for your request. You may be able to Pre-Order the PhotoCd
now, however you need to make sure that you save the e-mail that you'll
get with your confirmation and the Promo Code that you will use later
once your trip has been completed. Promo Code will only be good for 6
months from the date of purchase.

If you should have any further questions or concerns please do not
hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Edith Oquendo
Disney's Imaging Quality Assurance Team

chrissylou2
08-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok...I got my answer from Photopass and the answer is that it expires 6 months after purchasing so you'll have to save the link and hope for the best until 6 months prior to your vacation.

Here's the email:
Greetings Kimberly,

hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Edith Oquendo

Thank you so much for this confirmation!!! I was also scared to purchase because we dont leave until November!!! Awesome Deal! This time I really need to utilize my photopass, I only got like 8 pictures last time and didnt feel it was worth getting the disc so I just purchased the 5x7 of a couple.

Chrissy

Kycha
08-07-2007, 04:21 PM

Here's the email:
Greetings Kimberly,

hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Edith Oquendo
Thanks for the update!!

bs4free
08-07-2007, 05:52 PM
Thank you very very much i had no idea abou the must be used in 6 months. That is very good information to know. Thank you!

Mom2aPrincess
08-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Glad to help all of you...now go find me some people to share in our December CD....:rotfl:

bs4free
08-07-2007, 11:14 PM
If you pay for my trip in December I would be glad to share the CD lol

I am going in Sep for Free Dining I would love to go Dec. But could not pass up this DEAL!

Mom2aPrincess
08-07-2007, 11:22 PM
If you pay for my trip in December I would be glad to share the CD lol

I am going in Sep for Free Dining I would love to go Dec. But could not pass up this DEAL!

I would LOVE to be able to go during free dining, but I'm a teacher and my kids are in school...so we are only going during school holidays!

bs4free
08-07-2007, 11:25 PM
I would LOVE to be able to go during free dining, but I'm a teacher and my kids are in school...so we are only going during school holidays!

Yeah We just Dont let my Brother and Sister show up for the first 7 school days they dont miss much any ways!

Mom2aPrincess
08-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Yeah We just Dont let my Brother and Sister show up for the first 7 school days they dont miss much any ways!

yea, I think that's fairly common...I wish I could do that, but I just can't...don't know why, but missing school for vacation just really bothers me...we're missing one 1/2 day for the december trip and I thought real hard about that when I was buying the plane tickets ... :rotfl:

bs4free
08-07-2007, 11:34 PM
yea, I think that's fairly common...I wish I could do that, but I just can't...don't know why, but missing school for vacation just really bothers me...we're missing one 1/2 day for the december trip and I thought real hard about that when I was buying the plane tickets ... :rotfl:

Well since they have started in this district when we moved the missed the first week, then we were at disney and missed the frist week, then disney and miss a week and half, now Disney again for another week and half, The school is expecting it lol!

if it was not a cost and timeing thing we would love to go other times!

Mom2aPrincess
08-11-2007, 05:29 PM
bump, bump, bump! :)

bs4free
08-11-2007, 05:49 PM
:sunshine: Evening Bump!:sunshine:

arob414
08-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Thanks, Mom2aPrincess about the 6 month part. I am so anxious to go that I wanted to do something. Glad, I am a procrastinator or I might have already ordered mine.

I'm the same way about taking my kids out of school. There was talk about our system going yr round and I was rooting for it so we could go in October.

Mom2aPrincess
08-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks, Mom2aPrincess about the 6 month part. I am so anxious to go that I wanted to do something. Glad, I am a procrastinator or I might have already ordered mine.

I'm the same way about taking my kids out of school. There was talk about our system going yr round and I was rooting for it so we could go in October.

You're welcome....

Sometimes I wish I wasn't like that about school, but growing up I was NEVER allowed to miss....My parents said that school was my job and that I was given plenty of vacation time...I guess they really engraved it into me as my daughter had perfect attendance in kindergarten and 1st grade....:rotfl:

bs4free
08-14-2007, 03:47 PM
A Friendly Bump!

Kittykat
08-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Just wanted to thank the OP for this! I ordered our Photopass last night. It'll be nice to get an extra Disney Magic Rewards Dollar for our vacation by buying something that we would've bought after our vacation!

(Does that make sense?! :confused: )

bs4free
08-17-2007, 04:07 PM
Just wanted to thank the OP for this! I ordered our Photopass last night. It'll be nice to get an extra Disney Magic Rewards Dollar for our vacation by buying something that we would've bought after our vacation!

(Does that make sense?! :confused: )

Yes makes alot of sense i pre orderd mine on my disney visa as well to earn they extra $1 to spend at disney not after disney!

Magical JenK
08-17-2007, 04:34 PM
I just pre-ordered mine as well w/my Disney Visa!! Gotta love it!!

ETA: Ok, just got a shipment confirmation email regarding my PhotoPass CD?? How is that?? Or do you think they just mean by "shipment" they mean the email w/the promo# in it???

bs4free
08-17-2007, 04:39 PM
I just pre-ordered mine as well w/my Disney Visa!! Gotta love it!!

LOL.....I wonder, if disney visa does sponserships, becaue i think many of us on SR have or got one after coming to SR. Great way to earn extra Disney Dollars, while shopping via sr and earning SR too! WOW!!!! SR really helps that earnings and savings, and Disney Magic GROW!!!!!

kimkarli
08-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I am really excited about going in on the Dec. photopass!! :mickey:

Mom2aPrincess
08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
I'm so glad all of you have taken advantage of this!! :love:

bs4free
10-06-2007, 05:47 PM
I just wanted to bump This as it looks like the 20% off only 99.95 pre order deal is still going!!! So if your going to disney Soon! I would take advantage of this great Savings!

tinbunny68
10-17-2007, 10:17 AM
Does Disneyland do photopass yet? We're headed there next and I'd love a photopass cd combining that trip and our next WDW trip (they're less than a month apart), but last time we went they didn't have photopass there yet.

bs4free
10-17-2007, 11:10 AM
from the disney photopass website

Welcome to DisneyPhotoPass.com!

You're in the right place to see and share your Disney vacation photos! It's easy, fun and there is no charge to get a Disney's PhotoPass card to create your account.

To get started, have your photos taken by any Disney's PhotoPass Photographer. You can find them in all of our Walt Disney World ® Resort and Disneyland ® Resort Theme Parks as well as at our Florida Water Parks and at World of Disney ® New York. You'll then be able to:

Order high-quality prints of your favorite photos
Get all of your Disney's PhotoPass photos on a CD
Share your photos online with friends and family
Enhance your photos with character signatures and fun Disney borders -- even crop them to suit your needs
Create customized PhotoCards, PhotoBooks and PhotoMovies Plus, we're excited to announce we have more magic than ever! Now you can upload your own photos and create some incredible Disney photo keepsakes including Disney's PhotoMovie, PhotoBook, and PhotoCards. So, get started creating your masterpiece today!

Be sure to log on now to view your photos. They will only be available for 30 days after they are claimed, and we don't want you to miss out on the fun!

tinbunny68
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info!

bs4free
10-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Your welcome, and welcome to the forums, Have fun, keep asking questions we love to help!

askomsky
10-17-2007, 10:02 PM
I have a question. Is there a limit to how many pictures you can take on it?
Or can I also have pictures taken with all three kids then each child individual? (Assuming crowds and lines aren't an issue)

Brian, can you explain to me where you got your deal from that you saved $30? THis is the first I'm hearing it. I have a great Sony Cybershot and take tons of pictures as is, but I defintely don't want to miss out on the special character ones.

bs4free
10-17-2007, 10:07 PM
I have a question. Is there a limit to how many pictures you can take on it?
Or can I also have pictures taken with all three kids then each child individual? (Assuming crowds and lines aren't an issue)

Brian, can you explain to me where you got your deal from that you saved $30? THis is the first I'm hearing it. I have a great Sony Cybershot and take tons of pictures as is, but I defintely don't want to miss out on the special character ones.
ok to pre-order the cd go to http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx
and pay the 99.95 and they will send you an e-mail code that when you go and buy the cd latter you will pay nothing and get free shipping too!

No Limit on the number of photos we had 239 photos taken and have edited them in to 2200+ photos and still have about 80 left to edit!

Yes you can have them do one of the family then each kid just as the photo person and it may depend on the line but most of the time they are very good about letting you get the shots you want and the photopass photos you want the only ride that is on the photopass as of know is the test track in WDW and in WDW and mabey DL they have a special photopass and character meet and greet for disney visa holders too!

HTH

askomsky
10-17-2007, 10:13 PM
ok to pre-order the cd go to http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx
and pay the 99.95 and they will send you an e-mail code that when you go and buy the cd latter you will pay nothing and get free shipping too!

No Limit on the number of photos we had 239 photos taken and have edited them in to 2200+ photos and still have about 80 left to edit!

Yes you can have them do one of the family then each kid just as the photo person and it may depend on the line but most of the time they are very good about letting you get the shots you want and the photopass photos you want the only ride that is on the photopass as of know is the test track in WDW and in WDW and mabey DL they have a special photopass and character meet and greet for disney visa holders too!

HTH

It does help, thanks!! I did go back and get the link and have been reading about it now. I think I'm going to do it, they have it at the two character dinings we're doing, so I think it's a must!

Thanks again Brian
April

bs4free
10-17-2007, 10:35 PM
For the character dinners you only get the photopass code if you buy the photo package at dinner! ie chef mickeys you get the chef mickey photo only when you buy it!

Mom2aPrincess
10-18-2007, 06:45 AM
For the character dinners you only get the photopass code if you buy the photo package at dinner! ie chef mickeys you get the chef mickey photo only when you buy it!

That depends...it's on the side of the pictures...so if you examine them for a while, you could still get the code (so I've read on DIS).

bs4free
10-18-2007, 11:27 AM
That depends...it's on the side of the pictures...so if you examine them for a while, you could still get the code (so I've read on DIS).
That is true, that did work, and might still work! The last i heard is that they still print with the code and only if you buy they go back and add the photos to that number! I know when we did the CM we liked the photo and the extra 8x10 character photo so we got the package! and the code did work. so i guess YMMV

Mom2aPrincess
10-18-2007, 11:59 AM
That is true, that did work, and might still work! The last i heard is that they still print with the code and only if you buy they go back and add the photos to that number! I know when we did the CM we liked the photo and the extra 8x10 character photo so we got the package! and the code did work. so i guess YMMV

If we have to actually buy them, I'm REALLY all for everyone getting together and sharing photopass CDs because that starts adding up if you are doing all the character meals we are this time.

SunshineGirl
10-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Thanks so much for this thread!! I had never even heard of Photopass before and am now the proud owner of a prepaid one at 20% off. Woot!

bs4free
10-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks so much for this thread!! I had never even heard of Photopass before and am now the proud owner of a prepaid one at 20% off. Woot!
Enjoy the photos at disney!!!! have a great Trip!

Mom2aPrincess
10-19-2007, 07:13 PM

As much as you do for us, I'm glad that I found a way to help you!! Can't wait to see your photos...Be sure to share them with us when you get back! :mickey: :sunshine2: :minnie:

PrincessFiona
10-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Thanks so much I am going to order 1 for our upcoming trip.

disney_girl
10-23-2007, 04:19 PM
We just got our photopass from our trip in early October. Looking at the pictures just brings a huge smile to my face!! The pictures came out great!! And the photopass was really needed the day DH forgot the camera in the room!! Now off to print more pictures!!

askomsky
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
I jumped all over this too once I found the thread. I'm so excited we can't wait! BUT i have to get through DD4's bday party 10 days before we go.
Luckily she wants a pirate and princess party, nothing like a little Disney to get everyone in the mood.