PDA

View Full Version : Boca Java Is Hot!

SunshineGirl
08-04-2007, 03:06 PM
If you are a coffee drinker or like to give it as gifts, check out the new Boca Java offer. It really looks great! It's about $20 total including S/H for 4 8oz bags. They have multiple flavors to choose from. Then you get 13 credits back from us! Credits have been coming through on these really quickly.

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 03:11 PM
Question from non-coffee drinker:

My dad is a traditional coffee drinker...what flavors would you recommend? He's NOT experimental and will look at me crazy if I give him some "weird" flavors. He's really the only daily coffee drinker we have in our family..we're all soda drinkers.

Soccer Princess
08-04-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh good question -- I was wandering the same thing. Also does this bagged coffee go bad? Like could I use it as a birthday present in November or a Christmas present? I have no clue obviously lol...

jnorth1007
08-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Oh good question -- I was wandering the same thing. Also does this bagged coffee go bad? Like could I use it as a birthday present in November or a Christmas present? I have no clue obviously lol...

You may need to freeze it until then in an air tight container. Ok so I dont even drink coffee but I swear I heard that somewhere and it sounded like a really good answer to your question :rotfl:

m4travels
08-04-2007, 11:29 PM
You may need to freeze it until then in an air tight container. Ok so I dont even drink coffee but I swear I heard that somewhere and it sounded like a really good answer to your question :rotfl:

Janet,
You've got good ears! Nothing wrong with freezing it at all. We did this a lot when we were buying Starbucks ground coffee. Now we've got a Keurig machine (available from Coffeeforless.com and SR!!!) and those K-cups are WONDERFUL!!

But, freeze away! Don't keep it forever, but a few months will NOT be a problem.

Michael

PSL1013
08-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Janet,
You've got good ears! Nothing wrong with freezing it at all. We did this a lot when we were buying Starbucks ground coffee. Now we've got a Keurig machine (available from Coffeeforless.com and SR!!!) and those K-cups are WONDERFUL!!

But, freeze away! Don't keep it forever, but a few months will NOT be a problem.

Michael

Isn't the Keurig the best!!! Wish I could take advantage of this great offer but since I only use the K-cups now, I would have no use for this coffee. But I do LOVE my Keuirg coffee! :love:

Lisaj68
08-05-2007, 04:29 PM
Cool! I can't wait to get my coffee!!! I drink a ton of it and have been wanting to try this company after hearing ads on the radio.

Thanks!!

Mom2aPrincess
08-05-2007, 04:58 PM
I'd still love to know which flavors (if any) ya'll would think a traditional Folgers coffee drinker would like. :)

Lisaj68
08-05-2007, 08:14 PM
I'd still love to know which flavors (if any) ya'll would think a traditional Folgers coffee drinker would like. :)

There were a few medium blend coffees that I think would be the most like Folgers. I wouldn't go for the med/dark roast like Sumatra....that might be too strong for him (I love it though, you can send it to me if your dad doesn't like it, LOL !!!):angel:

sunshinecindy
08-05-2007, 08:15 PM
This is a great offer, and we have another this week too coming up, but, coffee does not go bad, though freezing is not the best alternative because freezing causes water crystals which form on the coffee then when you thaw it, that water goes into the grounds or beans. however, you can keep it in your refrig for months and month and months. I buy sometimes 5 months of coffee at at time. I use whole bean and when I get good buys, I buy it.

3dog2kidmom
08-05-2007, 08:52 PM
I love Boca Java and buy whole bean. If you don't open the bag the shelf life is pretty good. Coffee goes bad quickly though when exposed to air, so keep it in air tight containers and use it quickly. Cindy is right that freezing isn't so good for it.

I love strong, bold coffee and had been getting Cafe Iguana and Budapest but I'm not seeing those offerings anymore :(

Also note that an additional shipment beyond your initial shipment is required. I didn't do this through SR, but that is not made clear until you try to cancel (or at least it wasn't to me). But the coffee is so good that you'll want to keep buying it!!

Mom2aPrincess
08-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Also note that an additional shipment beyond your initial shipment is required. I didn't do this through SR, but that is not made clear until you try to cancel (or at least it wasn't to me). But the coffee is so good that you'll want to keep buying it!!

No..I don't think so..it says very big at the top: No further obligation

And this is the fine print
Your coffee selections today will be fresh roasted-to-order for you, packed in 8-oz. stay-fresh bags and shipped the next day. In about a week, you’ll receive your coffee at the pinnacle of freshness! If you decide to keep receiving Boca Java, we’ll roast a fresh batch of coffee for you in about 4 weeks (the same four varieties you chose above). You may choose to receive any or all of the coffees you sampled, or try some new varieties. If you’d like to change your selections, just log on to your “My Account” page. You may also change your delivery date to better suit your needs. There is no obligation required with this special trial offer, so you may cancel your scheduled delivery at any time.

LuvMyBoys
08-06-2007, 09:40 AM
No..I don't think so..it says very big at the top: No further obligation

And this is the fine print
Your coffee selections today will be fresh roasted-to-order for you, packed in 8-oz. stay-fresh bags and shipped the next day. In about a week, you’ll receive your coffee at the pinnacle of freshness! If you decide to keep receiving Boca Java, we’ll roast a fresh batch of coffee for you in about 4 weeks (the same four varieties you chose above). You may choose to receive any or all of the coffees you sampled, or try some new varieties. If you’d like to change your selections, just log on to your “My Account” page. You may also change your delivery date to better suit your needs. There is no obligation required with this special trial offer, so you may cancel your scheduled delivery at any time.

That's what I read too, and that better be what the situation is!! It would be fraudulent for them to state in the terms and conditions that there is no further obligation to buy and then require a purchase beyond the first purchase. So I guess we will see.....:confused:

speechteachri
08-06-2007, 02:54 PM
I just signed up. I love trying new flavored coffees and some of them sound really good. I'm really looking forward to trying this coffee!