PDA

View Full Version : countdown to christmas question

kxmeeh
12-10-2008, 09:28 AM
just a thought, but I would like to see at least one day of the countdown threads to be won by someone who has not won yet...and yes, i know that disqualifies me. (maybe the last day) This is a really great thing that SR is doing, and I just wanted to see it passed around a little...although I don't want any of us to stop replying to every day. I literally LOL reading the answers on the Christmas Story thread. Any one else agree?

SunshineGirl
12-10-2008, 09:30 AM
The luck of the draw sometimes doesn't seem to random when the same people enter every day. LOL! I've had a couple of people win that are fairly new members. But it seems like not too many new members are participating. Wonder why?

~Kathie
12-10-2008, 09:37 AM
I just looked at the list and only 2 people have won twice. Seems to me that the luck of the draw has been pretty good.

It can be awkward if you are new to post. For me, I knew people here from the DIS Budget board. I think everyone tries to make new people feel welcome.

Hopefully more people will join in.

sselig2000
12-10-2008, 09:38 AM
It is a random draw, so if the same people are participating everyday, the same people may win more than once. I know that I have not participated in every one. For different reasons Tricia, for example, I actually don't know Cindy well enough to guess what she would like, and the This or That one I loved the idea, but couldn't figure out how to post two pics in one reply. I love the threads though have been having so much fun reading everyones answers:)

lkturner
12-10-2008, 09:46 AM
just a thought, but I would like to see at least one day of the countdown threads to be won by someone who has not won yet...and yes, i know that disqualifies me. (maybe the last day) This is a really great thing that SR is doing, and I just wanted to see it passed around a little...although I don't want any of us to stop replying to every day. I literally LOL reading the answers on the Christmas Story thread. Any one else agree?

Any ideas on how to change the outcome? Seems random to me.

sunshinecindy
12-10-2008, 10:12 AM
We use random.org, doesn't get much random then that. Thats the fairest way we know how, and if someone wins more then once, lucky them. For the ones that don't, sorry, but fair is fair. Just keep on plugging along, because your day will come.

SunshineGirl
12-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Hopefully today's contest is one that everyone can enter. :)

shmily1
12-10-2008, 01:36 PM
The luck of the draw sometimes doesn't seem to random when the same people enter every day. LOL! I've had a couple of people win that are fairly new members. But it seems like not too many new members are participating. Wonder why?

I may be in the minority, but it took me a while to figure out where to go to find the forums and what I needed to do to be able to post, etc.

I love the questions for the contest!! It really gets you thinking about all aspects of Christmas!! Thanks for doing this!!

askomsky
12-10-2008, 01:58 PM
I think it's totally fair and pure luck of the draw! (Or random's draw! LOL)
Now just to win one.... :)

eaglesdare
12-10-2008, 02:35 PM
is there a winners list? or do we just look at each contest to find the winners?

gpp2001
12-10-2008, 02:43 PM
if you look in the sticky at the top of the Offers and Contest Forum - there is a list in the Official rules.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17569

I think I just posted the link!!

Sunni
12-10-2008, 02:45 PM
thanks for posting the link....I just came to do it. :sunshine2:

Soccer Princess
12-10-2008, 04:10 PM
I think it is totally fair the way it is! :)

Pooh's Pal
12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
I just :love: RANDOM.ORG and if you don't know why, you soon will!! ;)