PDA

View Full Version : Resteraunts.com

jnorth1007
12-12-2008, 01:45 PM
I finally was able to take advantage of one of their great deals. They added a new seafood place that is down the street from us and I was able to get 4 $25 GC for $12. Really can't beat that deal. Even if I don't give them away I can use them for us on dance nights since it is 2 doors down from our dance studio. $25 off of a $35 dinner means we get to eat 4 times for around $10 for 5 of us. Very nice!

disney_girl
12-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Thanks for posting! I check periodically and there has never been anything we would use. But just checked and there were 2 places we would go to!!

m 'n c
12-12-2008, 01:51 PM
I love Restaurant.com right now. I've never used a gc but I've seen people using them so I am giving them a try. I've bought over $300 in gift cards in the past 2 weeks for about $60. You really can't beat that.

ligrumpygirl
12-12-2008, 03:48 PM
I have been giving them as holiday gifts...I bought the restaurant.com ones so they can choose!

Hedy
12-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Are the $50 ones new? We have a new restaurant near us, but right now they only have the $50 ones.

m 'n c
12-12-2008, 04:00 PM
Are the $50 ones new? We have a new restaurant near us, but right now they only have the $50 ones.

I've seen them the past few times I've gone to look for gift cards so I'm not too sure how long they have been around. I do remember seeing the minimum order was a little higher than what Mike and I normally use so I have been keeping with the $25 cards.

kimntrent
12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Which restaurants do you all get in your cities? I am trying to suggest this gift for people on my email list but I don't know if it is worth it for them to look. I guess I am trying to show them there are places to eat. I know about Vegas but.....

Kim

m 'n c
12-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Which restaurants do you all get in your cities? I am trying to suggest this gift for people on my email list but I don't know if it is worth it for them to look. I guess I am trying to show them there are places to eat. I know about Vegas but.....

Kim

I can help with Houston. Just let me know.

I bought Los Cucos (mexican) on Memorial (near Memorial Park) and Tokoyohana (sushi and grill).

I think Cabo's (mexican) which is downtown is available and I like eating there too. I'll have to look at the list closer to see what else is up.

mmm611
12-12-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to come up with nice cheap gifts for the four people I work with. I was planning on just making something for three of them, but I think my boss might think a dishtowel is a little girly. Think he might like a restaurant.com gift certificate?

pbhall13
12-13-2008, 01:09 AM
i'll have to check to see if they have any new listings for my area.

jnorth1007
12-13-2008, 09:51 AM
I'm trying to come up with nice cheap gifts for the four people I work with. I was planning on just making something for three of them, but I think my boss might think a dishtowel is a little girly. Think he might like a restaurant.com gift certificate?

I think anyone would love a gift card to a restaraunt. With times tough I am sure many families have cut out eating out as their first cut back. The great deal of this shocks me actually. I mean $3 for $25 worth of food is really almost unheard of and that is before your 12% back.

mollyeilis
12-13-2008, 02:34 PM

Just check what restaurants there are to make sure it's useful. And make sure the restaurant GC you buy (unless you're just talking about a GC to the site) has clearly stated conditions and that you tell your boss of those.

And sign yourself up with the site so that you are notified when restaurants drop out. I've had $25 worth of certificates for a year now b/c restaurants keep dropping out of the program, and now I have 3 certificates to restaurants I have NO interest in going to. The places in my area are not places I want to go to, it's really sad. But if I hadn't signed up with the site I wouldn't have known about the drop outs, so especially when giving as a gift, make sure you can tell the recipients if a restaurant isn't participating, so they can choose another restaurant from the list. And hope the ones in your area are better than in mine! :)

mmm611
12-13-2008, 06:48 PM
Ah, thanks. I decided to hold off on it last night, but was going to just go with the site gift certificate. I talked to my mom today and since my brother will be in town for his birthday next weekend and I don't want to worry about leaving Christmas presents in my car while I'm at work, I'm going to go over there next weekend and get rid of my presents and have her help me make her famous carmel corn for all the work people. Thanks though!