PDA

View Full Version : OTX Daily Survey Question

bflohockey
12-17-2008, 10:35 AM
Hi, I've never posted here but have been a Sunshiner for awhile. I had tried doing surveys occasionally but never qualified for any up until recently. I've done a few daily opinion surveys the last few weeks and all have credited. I have done 3 OTX surveys and none have credited. I've read some of your posts and know that this type of problem is computer-specific and I'm a paranoid technical person so my stuff is pretty locked down! But what I'm wondering is if I try to do a survey and it says "you don't qualify, do you want to look for another one..." if I keep trying to get another one and another one, when I get one and complete it, will that not credit? I was thinking since it's only the OTX ones not crediting and I don't ever qualify for one on the first try that maybe they don't count? Go ahead and laugh at me if you want for asking such a dumb question! HA!

:thanks:
~Dori

sselig2000
12-17-2008, 10:40 AM
If I am understanding your question right, then yes if you keep choosing try qualifying for another and finally get one that you complete, it will credit for you.

sarah4770
12-17-2008, 10:45 AM
I have done a few OTX surveys that have not credited over the past week.
I have never had a problem with them crediting before. I am not sure what is going on. If the survey takes you to the Thank you page... it should credit.

gpp2001
12-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Dori -

There are no dumb questions here. We will always try to answer your questions to the best of our abilities!! Have you tried clearing cookies? I always clear cookies in the morning before taking my surveys - I'm not sure about OTX but for SM surveys cookies need to be cleared.

Good Luck and don't give up and keep asking questions!!

Karn

deana
12-17-2008, 12:59 PM
I am not the most technically advanced to give you the exact advice on how your internet settings need to be...but OTX surveys are tracked by cookies. So first you need to have your settings allow for cookies, and secondly you will need to clear your cookies daily before you start an OTX so that it clears the previous day's otx cookie. OTX will credit on the hour, after the survey is completed. It is safe to clear cookies any time after your credit appears. To clear cookies, use the "tools" button on internet explorer and go to internet options. I am not sure how to quickly tell you to fix your setting to allow cookies...just did a quick search and did not see where I did that on my settings... someone else will answer you, I am sure! good luck!

askomsky
12-17-2008, 01:05 PM
I agree with Karn, OTX tracks by cookies, you have to clear cookies inbetween each OTX survey.

sabrina90744
12-17-2008, 06:00 PM
I have had the same issue, I have found that once I get the Thank you AMP page I let it sit open for a few minutes before closing. When I do this I usually get credit

bflohockey
12-17-2008, 09:35 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE! I will try all those suggestions. I appreciate all the help!

Thanks,
Dori

m 'n c
12-17-2008, 09:47 PM
THANK YOU EVERYONE! I will try all those suggestions. I appreciate all the help!

Thanks,
Dori

Dori are you getting credit for anything else on the site (ie trials, freebie offers, shopping)? Just curious if it is an isolated issue with OTX or a general cookie issue (settings might be too locked down).

bflohockey
12-18-2008, 10:13 PM
Dori are you getting credit for anything else on the site (ie trials, freebie offers, shopping)? Just curious if it is an isolated issue with OTX or a general cookie issue (settings might be too locked down).

I have done any offers in a really long time but all my shopping is crediting fine. I've gotten credits for the greenfield daily surveys too.

m 'n c
12-18-2008, 10:15 PM
I have done any offers in a really long time but all my shopping is crediting fine. I've gotten credits for the greenfield daily surveys too.

hmm ok so it doesn't sound like a cookie blocking issue. If it was your shopping wouldn't credit. The daily surveys would as they aren't cookie based so they aren't always a good measure of seeing if there is an account/computer issue.

marcymajor
12-22-2008, 06:32 PM
i was in the middle of doing my otx survey and it stopped loading, so i exited out of it, cleared out my cookies and tried to get another one. now it says i have reached my limit for the day. should i wait about an hour to try again or should i just give up for the day and do it again tomorrow? this is the first time this has happened to me all month. any help or assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Iteach
12-27-2008, 01:14 PM
I just got an OTX on pain meds. I was probably half way through when the survey froze. I refreshed the page several times but it didn't help. The survey will not move forward.

marcymajor
12-27-2008, 01:19 PM
that happened to me a couple of days ago. the only thing i can suggest is to get out of it, clear out your cookies, wait about an hour and try again. that's what i did and i was able to get another otx later in the day. hth.:sunshine2:

lkturner
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
I just got an OTX on pain meds. I was probably half way through when the survey froze. I refreshed the page several times but it didn't help. The survey will not move forward.

I finished the pain med survey and never got credit for it

askomsky
12-28-2008, 05:15 PM
I finished the pain med survey and never got credit for it

I just finished it and recieved credit at the top of the hour.

Weluvdisny
12-30-2008, 12:37 AM
My DH has been having no luck with the DS so I thought I would try an OTX. I was about 30-40 minutes into one about video games and it said I didn't qualify!

Grrrr!:computer:

marcymajor
12-31-2008, 09:19 PM
i finished an otx survey at around 7:40 tonight and for some reason it has not credited. got the thank you for taking our survey page and completed the whole thing so i do not understand why this happened. have not had any problems at all this month with otx so any help or advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. i did clear my cookies b4 i did this survey so i don't think it is a cookie issue. HELP.:(

iluvamystery89
01-02-2009, 10:33 PM
i tried to do an otx survey and i got a white page with some very tiny writing telling me they had no surveys available, all their surveys were full. NEVER seen that one before.

marcymajor
01-04-2009, 08:55 PM
guess it just isn't my day for surveys today. otx is telling me that there are no surveys available. that is a new one on me as i am usually able to get at least one to try. oh well, you win some you lose some. there is always tomorrow to try again.:sunshine2:

marcymajor
01-05-2009, 04:08 PM
has anyone been able to get an otx survey today? been trying since very early this morning as i didn't get one yesterday and it gets about halfway thru one and i get a page that says i don't qualify for anything.:confused: it also asks the same questions over and over again (hh size, people in hh, what kind of residence i live in) and then it kicks me out.

m 'n c
01-05-2009, 05:20 PM
This thread has gotten off topic and into a qualifying/not qualifying complaint thread. Unfortunately, as stated in previous threads, OTX surveys are run through a 3rd party and Tricia has sought help from both the third party and OTX directly with no luck. Therefore there isn't anything we can really do to help except help you set your cookies in the technical issues section. This thread is now closed.