PDA

View Full Version : (Ended) Countdown Contest: 7 Days Till Christmas

sunshinecindy
12-18-2008, 11:59 AM
We've all learned a lot about eachother and what we do and like for the holidays, so what about after the holidays, you know that dreaded New Years Resolution thing.

In this thread, tell us your New Years Resolution.

Same rules apply, contest ends at midnight.

OhMari
12-18-2008, 12:09 PM
I decided to get out of debt.

I am doing the snow-ball payoff.

You pay off one bill and then take that money and roll it into the next bill.
I have paid off 2 bills this month, so I am going to hit 2009 set-up and ready to go. I set my system up on an old microsoft money spread sheet. This way, I keep track of all the balances, payments, and what percentage I am being charged.

I also keep everything in a file folder with their own envelopes. It really felt good to move those 2 envelopes to the completed/paid file. One was my dentist and the other was a medical clinic bill. I'm sure I will have more dentist and medical bills. But for now we are free and clear of those.

Arky
12-18-2008, 12:14 PM
I am going to exercise 4 times a week. It's not just about losing weight, it's being active and setting a good example for my kids.

arob414
12-18-2008, 12:41 PM
Exercise. I was walking, daily, until I broke my ankle a few yrs back and have never got back into the habit, again.

Candi
12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Mine is also exercise and that is why my new Wii and Wii fit will come in handy. Merry Christmas to me.

Blessing and Miracle
12-18-2008, 12:54 PM
To make no promises. Just live my life full of love, joy and laughter!

sammielynn
12-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I plan to take some time for myself. I am always doing for others and never take care of me. I't time to work on that.

askomsky
12-18-2008, 01:28 PM
Besides hitting the gym more often then 3 mornings a week.
To really slow down and enjoy more family time, my babies are growing up to fast!

faithhope
12-18-2008, 01:30 PM
I've decided not to wait until new years...and I started yesterday.
I'm going to get on the wii fit every day. I really don't have a good excuse of why I can't do 20 minutes of exercise every day.

I'm also trying to cut back on the desserts... but I am waiting until new years for this resolution... it is just to hard to pass up with all the good things to eat, so for now I'm just trying to take smaller portions of desserts, and to not eat them every day.

I'm also jumping back on the flylady bandwagon. The girls and I cleaned out their room and did some redecorating and it really feels good... they are willing to clean with me, so I think it can work this time.

I'm also getting rid of the prepregnancy clothes... My baby turned 8 last week, and WHEN I get back down to that weight (which I will- see first two resolutions) I deserve some new clothes!!!!

sselig2000
12-18-2008, 01:35 PM
I am going to get back to spending some quality time with my family. We spend time together everyday, but I am starting to feel that with so much going on and everyone so busy, we are in "taking each other for granted" mode. So, my goal is to make sure I appreciate them fully and that they feel that from me.

froggi999
12-18-2008, 01:36 PM
New Years Resolution's are usually not kept so i don't know if i have one to share. what i will share is that i plan on trying to live a healthy life style to better my health & well-being & continue to strive to maintain a happy mental attitude in all i do.

health & happiness to all

lkturner
12-18-2008, 01:40 PM
We are going to continue our frugal lifestyle....it's more important now, than ever before, and SR really is a nice way to help with that! Thanks! :)

disney_girl
12-18-2008, 01:41 PM
There is always the one of exercising more-just need to make time for it. I also am working on getting my house organized so that I don't have to spend so much time on it. I'm getting a new DSLR camera so I will be taking tons of pictures and enjoying the kids to the fullest! Just want to keep enjoying each day with the kids and DH like we have been!

lanny76
12-18-2008, 01:45 PM
1 thing is to budget better & get more into using coupons; also to try to go plastic bag free & actually use these reusable bags I have! Personally, I want to 'fuss' less, not be as quick tempered - that's a continual resolution, with not enough progress yet.:blush: Also to truly give more of myself to my family, and enjoy the little ones.

jl8595
12-18-2008, 01:55 PM
My biggest goal for 2009 is to try to slow down and smell the roses a bit more. We're constantly on the go and I always feel like we're losing ground when it comes to quality family time. I'm hoping to work a little less (need to say "NO" to the laptop) and spend more time doing arts and crafts and playing board games with my two girls...before they grow up and have no interest in spending time with me!

disneymomma
12-18-2008, 01:56 PM
I have a plan to exercize, lose weight, and generally take better care of my health. I say it every January 1st, but I really mean it this time!

marcymajor
12-18-2008, 01:58 PM
my new year's resolution is to learn how to be more patient and understanding when things don't always go as planned and also to spend more quality time with my family. i tend to over-react to things and i need to stop, relax and breath before opening my mouth too soon. patience is a virtue and is one i aspire towards.:sunshine:

saffymom
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
I need to get organized. Since we moved three months ago, everything has been a mess. Lots of things are still in boxes. I also need to clean out the closests and get rid of a lot of clothes we don't wear anymore and get rid of all the kid's baby stuff.

gpp2001
12-18-2008, 02:08 PM
Mine is to lose weight - since we moved to California in February I have put on ten pounds!! There is not reason, other than I am unmotivated (I'm trying not to use the lazy word!!) I need to be more active for my DD, she is not fat, just has a big belly which she inherited from me and my grandma!!!

I also need to spend less and get organized and put my photos in albums and .................

Basically I need to use my time better.

Karn

dparra
12-18-2008, 02:08 PM
be off the internet by 8pm each night.. that way i can actually spend time with dh

Sunni
12-18-2008, 02:14 PM
A great thread! I have been thinking a lot about this.

To enjoy each day....to see things that are usually missed because of being too busy...to cherish the moments with my husband, family, friends, and my animals...to share things....me with my grandson so he will know me...remember me.......get back to my creative side......enjoy my gardens, nature.....just life.....being alive!

tinad171972
12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I really want to pay off my credit cards. It isn't that bad, but its bad enough and now that my husbands contract at work has gone through he will be bringing home more money. I hope to have them paid off by this time next year. I just have to remember not to spend the extra.

m 'n c
12-18-2008, 02:16 PM
Of course I am going to continue to be healthy and get these last 20 pounds off. The first 10 were the worst but hopefully it will get better.

But other than losing weight I want to be more involved in my hobbies which will involve some cleaning out and organizing as well as save more money (ie spend wisely).

wilsonfamily4
12-18-2008, 02:20 PM
hmmm, not sure.

clean my bathroom once a week! :) I do the kids once a week (well more then that) but not mine! :)

PSL1013
12-18-2008, 02:37 PM
I plan to lose some weight and eat healthier as many of us here have mentioned. I would like to start cooking healthy meals instead of eating out all the time....being it's just the two of us now, I tend to not cook home cooked meals, not good! So, my New's Year's resolution is to eat out less in 2009!! :angel:

Soccer Princess
12-18-2008, 03:24 PM
Lose weight (of course :))
Clean the house more often
Try to be more patient

catnapfan
12-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Exercise! I lost 50 lbs this past year dieting and doing a lot of cardio. Now I need to focus on toning exercise to get rid of all the loose, sagging skin.

FigmentFever
12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
1) Lose 25 pounds by my B-Day, May 15th!
2) Be more patient.
3) Organize the basement.

rumrunnergirl
12-18-2008, 04:26 PM
To continue to walk with God and be a better person, partner, and parent.

jendon1997
12-18-2008, 04:42 PM
Definitely exercise at least 3 days a week. Need to lose a few pounds before visiting Mickey at the end of January.

spring
12-18-2008, 04:46 PM
I hate to make New Year's Resolutions that I never seem to be able to keep. This year, I am resolving to have a wonderful time on my upcoming Eastern Med. Cruise the last week of Jan. and the 1st week of Feb. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to keep THAT resolution, LOL!:rotfl:

Pooh's Pal
12-18-2008, 05:02 PM
loose more weight ;)

zoodoyle
12-18-2008, 05:09 PM
Loose weight, exercise to feel better, spend more "quality" time with my family, get out of debt, be more patient, read more, get caught up on baby books, call my friends more often instead of relying on email......boy, I better get started now!! :sunshine:

bbangel
12-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Last year my resolution was to work on having more patience. I think this year I will resolve to work on having more joy.

shmily1
12-18-2008, 05:36 PM
I'd like to be in less debt and lose weight!!! That's some mighty large goals!! :blush:

luvmickey
12-18-2008, 05:40 PM
I am going to get healthy. Me and my husband are going to have a life style change. We say it ever year but this year it has to happen. We have seen a lot of friends and family sick this year and we want to become healthier people.

sarah4770
12-18-2008, 05:40 PM
Learn to say "no" more often. Too automatically, i say yes when someone asks a favor and it takes a lot of time away from my family.

Alice28
12-18-2008, 05:45 PM
exercise 4-5 times per week.

MdCaterer
12-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Seems like we are all in the same boat. I am HOPING to exercise more. Enjoy my family and live life to the fullest including try to sneak in an extra week at WDW!

linanglab
12-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I am just going to enjoy my new life! Relearn who I am and be the best single mom that I can be.

fourfoxesinpa
12-18-2008, 06:10 PM
I resolve to not resolve. :p Those self-promises always seem to get broken. One thing I would LIKE to do is take time to figure out college investing and get wills done for myself and DH. That kind of housekeeping stuff needs to get done.

mmm611
12-18-2008, 06:36 PM
Probably the same one I've done the past two years, which is to make progress on my UFO sewing projects. UFO stands for UnFinished Object and I am now the coordinator of our UFO Challenge on a sewing board I belong to. Thanks to Tricia and Cindy, I've started pulling the monthly number from random.org. You make a list of 10 projects or parts of projects you want to make progress on and when I draw the number, that's the one that gets worked on (hopefully) that month. I did great with this two years ago and ok this year. Next year will be tougher because I've made it through most of the easier projects.

bartleby1
12-18-2008, 07:01 PM
Mine is kind of a silly one, but I'm going to try really hard to complete one load of laundry every day from washing, drying, and PUTTING IT AWAY. I tend to let it pile up and then it is a huge job to get done. Many times I feel like we are living out of laundry baskets, too, because I don't put the clean clothes away. One load every day would break me of this habit and would make my laundry room look so much nicer than having dirty clothes exploding all over the place!

bajam
12-18-2008, 07:11 PM
To have more patience

chrissylou2
12-18-2008, 08:12 PM
I really need to work out more and make use of my gym membership, hopefully losing weight will follow behind this resolution.

Chrissy

jo93
12-18-2008, 08:15 PM
My New Years resolution will be to get organized and stay organized. Also to continue to teach my kids to be more organized and to do their chores when they're supposed to -- since that is part of the reason that I'm not organized.

mseg16222
12-18-2008, 08:41 PM
I am going back on Weight Watchers at the beginning of the year and my husband may do it with me. And also we are no longer going to use our credit cards since they are paid off. That one will be harder then the first

leelee9878
12-18-2008, 09:08 PM
get out of credit card debt, and stick to a diet to get back to what I weighed 3 yrs ago.

llmedic36
12-18-2008, 09:11 PM
I want to work on being more faithful about going to church and get more involved at church. Lynn

fanofree
12-18-2008, 09:56 PM
I resolve to not resolve. :p Those self-promises always seem to get broken.

That is what I was going to say. Anything I try to start in January never happens. January and February are "yicky" months and I want to hibranate! Once spring comes, I want to start walking again - but I know myself well enough to not resolve to start in January.

memanana
12-18-2008, 10:03 PM
No more charge cards and get the ones I have paid off

deblira
12-18-2008, 11:32 PM
I going to seriously work on improving my golf game in 2009. I'm going to take some lessons and spend more time practicing on the driving range.

mollyeilis
12-18-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't normally make resolutions, but something I've been working forward and will continue working on next year, is really getting this condo in order. And train hubby to follow my lead (he sees 8 random piles, when they are 8 specific, sorted piles, and he can mess up 2 days worth of work with one of HIS little clean-ups that take 20 minutes and set me back a week!).

Weluvdisny
12-19-2008, 12:14 AM
To stop procrastinating! "Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today". That motto will go on my fridge.....my bedroom nightstand....my laptop......etc.

pbhall13
12-19-2008, 01:10 AM
to slow down and relax............and enjoy the little things

Belle
12-19-2008, 01:50 AM
Find the time to exercise more.

sunshinecindy
12-19-2008, 10:32 AM
The winner of this contest is post #45.....Chrissylou2.

Congrats to you, open up a TT with your full name and address to claim your prize.