PDA

View Full Version : (Ended) Countdown Contest: 5 Days Until Christmas

SunshineGirl
12-20-2008, 11:03 AM
I can't believe that I just typed "5 days until Christmas"! There is still so much to do. Wrapping, buying food, hanging the Christmas cards that have come in.

Tell us what you have left to do in this last 5 days until Christmas and you might win a prize! I'll randomly drawn from one post written before midnight Eastern.

Standard Rules Apply:

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17569

deana
12-20-2008, 11:09 AM
I have EVERYTHING left to do!! Or at least it feels that way! :rotfl: We just got back from Disney, so I am a bit behind. I finished my shopping on Thursday. We hoped to get our tree yesterday but we had an ice storm. DH is going to hopefully get the tree today..but we will probably have to let it dry until tomorrow to decorate it. I uploaded Disney pics and ordered our cards the other day..got them in the mail yesterday. Today I have to clean, decorate and make cookies. One of these days I will wrap!!!! I also have to figure out what I am cooking on Christmas day....

marcymajor
12-20-2008, 11:15 AM
we have to get a new christmas tree as our old one (artificial) finally fell apart so my dd and dh are going out on monday to buy one. luckily all the presents are wrapped so that is one less thing to worry about.:sunshine:

m 'n c
12-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm with everyone else. I have no decorations up not even the tree. I have't finished shopping and I haven't even started wrapping. This is not the best holiday year I've had recently.

catnapfan
12-20-2008, 11:22 AM
I have to do all my grocery shopping for our dinner Christmas Eve. I was going to do it this morning while I was at Walmart but my cart was already full with last minute gifts that there was no room for groceries.

Soccer Princess
I have a couple gifts left to buy, about 10 or so left to wrap, and clean the house for guests. :)

mmm611
I think I'm down to just baking! I wrapped the presents the last two nights because I am taking them by my parents today (don't want to leave them in my car all day the 23rd at work!) I picked up the stuff for my pretzel reindeer and will probably make those by my parents on the 23rd or 24th because that really is a two person job and I need a brother to help me. My mom is helping me make carmel corn for work later today and I think I decided to just give that and only that to my coworkers since I keep telling them how broke I am.Then it's just pack up and head over by the 'rents on the 23rd! Oh, and get my apartment cleaned so I can invite people over to check out my tree and see my new place before we go to my uncle's christmas party on the 25th! I hate cleaning....anybody want to come do it for me?

pbhall13
12-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I need to wrap...make my tigers butter (fudge), plan christmas dinner meal and buy pick up some last minute 'extras' that always seem to pop up in the last few days before christmas.......

This snow we have up here has put a cramp in a lot of peoples shopping, but luckily I did much of it beforehand on SR so no need to fight the crowds now!

penn19
12-20-2008, 11:23 AM
I have to go through everything, and make sure things are "fair" between the kids. And if not, I will have to go out and even things up. Something I dread doing!

JillyFish
12-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Clean the house.....wrap one more gift.....iron kid's Christmas outfits.....clean.....pick up party tray for Christmas Eve.....prepare food for Christmas Eve party.....and did I say CLEAN????

I feel pretty on top of things. I actually accomplished all the stuff I said for last weeks contest day of "What do you have to get done this week?"

arob414
12-20-2008, 11:27 AM
Tree is up and decorated (girls did it) but I still have Christmas cards to finish and mail, a little more shopping, a fair amt of wrapping, preparing foods to cook at last minute, packing (we leave town Christmas morning-early-right after opening gifts), a couple gits the girls are making for my aunt, plus the normal housework and a ton of laundry. I made a to do list, for today, so we will stay on target.

Oh, and I work the next 4 days and get off just in time for Christmas Eve supper with mom, sister, etc. I have known that forever, planned on being done and enjoying the day, but as usual, I will be down to the wire. But, my girls are a BIG help.

jl8595
12-20-2008, 11:29 AM
Just need to pick up stocking stuffers for our animals (the dog LOVES nosing through his stocking on Christmas morning, LOL) and then just finish my Christmas cookie baking tomorrow. For once, I actually feel in control for Christmas. :)

bajam
12-20-2008, 11:34 AM
I do the shopping for my MIL since we are so far from them. The check just arrived yesterday so I still have to do all of the shopping from her. With the kids out of school now, I don't know how I'm going to get it done.:eek:

Hedy
12-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Clean
Wrap
Set up tree

Oh, and I'm working every day after today...argh.

MdCaterer
12-20-2008, 11:41 AM
I have tons left to do. I still have a few small presents to buy.Then I have to wrap as I have not started that. Have baked some cookies, but after the family Christmas party last night I have more to make this weekend.
Then hopefully I can relax and enjoy thr holiday with my family.

disneymomma
12-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I still have some last minute gifts to wrap, cleaning the house from top to bottom to please the more finicky relatives, planty of baking and pre-cooking, and running to the store for things I keep forgetting.

Isn't Christmas supposed to be fun?:rolleyes:

piglet-for-me
12-20-2008, 11:44 AM
I have yet to wrap any presents. I also need to get a grocery list together and shop for Christmas dinner.

mseg16222
12-20-2008, 11:49 AM
All of the gist are bought and wrapped. All of the grocery shopping is done so I just have to finish up baking in the next 2 days. The cookies candy and fudge.

missymouse
12-20-2008, 11:54 AM
My to do list:

Clean the house
Make Caramels
Write the annual letter/cards
Peanut Brittle again ??? (haven't been able to get it right yet this year)
Make Amish Friendship Bread
Get stuff to cook for Christmas day
Rolls for DH family Christmas tomorrow
Get stuff for the NYE party
Find outfit (in my closet, not buying anything new) for Christmas Party tonight
Finish decorating outside of house (may not happen)

Arky
12-20-2008, 12:02 PM
I have not wrapped a single gift yet. I have 2 dozen sugar cookies that need frosted. I think I'm done shopping, maybe 1 more gift to get. We have to pack today to travel to my parent's. We come home on Monday. Then pack again on Christmas Eve to travel to my Grandparent's house.

I just hope I can enjoy the rest of the season.

disney_girl
12-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Have a couple of presents to finish up our parents. Waiting on delivery of a few things. And have ALL the wrapping left to do! And of course we have to put Santa gifts together. Hopefully I'll get to that this weekend! Also need to run by the grocery store and grab a few things for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning! Still so much to do!

fourfoxesinpa
12-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I have to design some tshirts for our March Disney trip. :banana:

And, I need to cook lots of food (crab soup, baked pineapple, bacon spread, etc.) and bake cookies and find one of DH's presents! I bought a gift and hid it - so well that I can't even find it!!! I'm tearing the house apart and going crazy! If I can't find it, I'll have to print a picture and have him do a Scavenger Hunt. :D

The clock's a tickin'!!!

spring
12-20-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm all done Christmas shopping. I just need to wrap a few last minute gifts. Later, I'll do some grocery shopping to get the things I need to take (and make) to DD's house for Christmas. With the 8 inches of snow we got last night, and more predicted for tomorrow, it really FEELS like Christmas this year!:love:

3dog2kidmom
12-20-2008, 12:23 PM
Oh my, 5 days till Christmas :eek:

Food shopping, ALL the wrapping, DNephew's b'day party today, two more days of work next week, and still need to find something for DSIL/DBIL -- I'm just going to pick up an assortment of goodies for them at Trader Joe's.

Oh and the tree needs a skirt and an angel -- both of which I've been too busy to remember to put on. Finally, I need to make some order in my dining room, we'll not be able to eat in there (using for storage) but I'd like to contain/organize the mess and screen it somehow so we don't have to look at it from the living room when we're opening gifts! We're not having company so at least I don't need to clean the house :rolleyes:

zoodoyle
We're in pretty good shape here - just need to bake some cookies (I am NOT a good baker, so this is pretty minimal), and pack since we leave Christmas Eve day for a wek at my parents house. The kids and I made our ornaments this AM (every year the kids make ornaments to give to family and friends) - I think there will be glitter in the dining room until Easter!!! :sunshine:

tarheelpat
I've got to buy a live tree some time today, so we can put it up tomorrow afternoon. I've also got some gift shoppng still to do and grocery buying. At some point, I'll make fudge (I DO have the ingredients for it) and I'm trying to clean house some. It's going to be a BUSY few days!

lkturner
12-20-2008, 01:03 PM
Wrapping, baking, cooking, and finally taking the time to sit and listen to some wonderful Christmas music! :)

Iteach
12-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I have lots of wrapping yet to do, grocery shopping later today for Christmas dinner and am also making a few kinds of cookies. At this point I feel pretty okay that everything will get done. I'm a teacher and school is done for the holidays so I have much more time than I usually do. Oh, and I do need to get a survey for today! Hang in there everyone!

Belle
12-20-2008, 01:24 PM
Make treats for the neighbors.

kxmeeh
12-20-2008, 01:28 PM
today, our goal is to get the tree up and decorated. my dh went into the woods yesterday and cut down a tree instead of buying one from somewhere. he brought it home and i laughed asking if he feels like charles ingalls :):) then, of course, i still have to wrap everything.

Alice28
12-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I am in pretty good shape. I need to get a few more stocking things for DH (but not sure when as the weather is grim here). I need to wrap stocking gifts. Main gifts are wrapped. I need to bake a few types of cookies- gingerbread and spritz. Mom is cooking Christmas dinner (and Christmas is at her house), so I really am in a good spot.

bartleby1
12-20-2008, 01:48 PM
Too much left to do! My kids keep reminding me and counting down the number of days until Christmas and I cringe every time!

I haven't started wrapping and I still need to buy something for 10 people. The snowstorm yesterday really threw me behind schedule and we're supposed to be getting another round of snow tomorrow so I really don't want to be out in the bad weather. Somehow my shopping needs to get done today (in between two birthday parties that my kids are going to) and I have to make the dough for our cut-out cookies today. If I can get the shopping done I will be thrilled because tomorrow we can play in the snow and get the baking done. Monday and Tuesday are tied up with school activities (son's christmas show, daughter's christmas show, and I'm doing son's christmas party in school) plus the kids have an early dismissal on Tuesday, so I want to get everything done before then!

I think I'm going to practice my delagating skills and assign my DH to the job of wrapping this year! I'm sure he'll be thrilled to hear that!:rotfl:

jo93
12-20-2008, 02:10 PM
I need to make one more batch of cookes tomorrow. I have the majority of the wrapping done, but still more to do. I also have to pick up the food for the vegetable platter I am bringing to my moms on Christmas Eve.:)

gpp2001
12-20-2008, 02:11 PM
I'm actually in really good shape - Dh just left with DD to do some shopping to buy something for me!!! Yeah!

So - I will be wrapping their presents. I should do some baking but probably won't. I still need to do the cards but might not!! Still need to put out some decorations!

I'm not too stressed about anything - I have nothing scheduled for the next two weeks - DH is taking time off from work and we have nowhere to travel and no visitors, just the three of us!!!

Ahhhhhh!

faithhope
12-20-2008, 02:21 PM
Due to our Disney trip... I'm behind.
I still have the tree to put up and the presents to wrap...
I am so grateful to SR. I did 100% of my gift shopping online through SR.
Most of them will be delivered on the 23rd and 24th... so it is last minute... but at least it isn't late.
And I didn't have to deal with rude people or rude clerks in the stores.

rumrunnergirl
12-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I have to wrap gifts, but I only buy for DH & my kids and they each get 3 gifts (like baby Jesus), so that only takes 15 minutes.

For dinner, I make lasagna - super easy! I also buy premade salad mix that I dress up, and frozen garlic bread to heat up.

We have to make cookies for the neighbors but we are making super simple Peanut Butter Blossoms and reindeer faces out of Nutter Butter cookies. Can't get much easier than that, LOL! We will have leftovers for our Christmas dinner dessert.

I like to keep my life simple and stress free, no matter what the season. ;)

toystoryduo
12-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I still need to find a couple more stocking stuffers for my DH, I need to bake cookies, and make the casserole for Christmas breakfast. Other than that, I'm all set!:D

Tiggerific711
12-20-2008, 02:44 PM
I still have to find gifts for teachers and bus drivers (nothing like waiting for the last minute!). My DS is in special ed so there's the teacher and 5 aides in his classroom. He also has OT, PT and speech teachers. He has epilepsy so there's the nurse who rides the bus with him both ways, a bus monitor, his AM bus driver and his PM bus driver. My DD is a freshman in high school and wants to get her teachers gifts too on top of it all!

I still haven't written out cards, wrapped gifts or shopped for Christmas dinner. The ice storm that hit up here last weekend (we had no power for 3 days) really set me back this year!

Oh yeah and I still have to find stocking stuffers! :eek: EEEEEEEK I have a lot to do!

Blessing and Miracle
12-20-2008, 02:46 PM
I still have a lot of wrapping, a few more items to buy, and decide on a menu! I've never been so behind. Again, I say, thanks Hurricane Ike.

fanofree
12-20-2008, 02:59 PM
Most of the shopping is done - a couple of things I couldn't get online yet to pick up. Of course, none at the same place so I need to run all over town. And, my headlight is out and it is not the bulb or the fuse, so I have avoided driving at night, which means no after work errands. Can't get into the shop until Monday and I cringe at the thought what that is going to cost!

The tree needs decorated the gifts aren't wrapped. I didn't do cards. I started out so on top of things, but somewhere - that fell apart.

lanny76
12-20-2008, 03:34 PM
I keep things so simple that I'm done already!!:angel:

memanana
12-20-2008, 03:42 PM
I still have to bake some cookies and do some last minute cleaning .

chrissylou2
12-20-2008, 03:45 PM
My shopping is basically done but I still have a ton to wrap and the cleaning is never done.

mollyeilis
12-20-2008, 03:46 PM
For Christmas, all we have to do is put the gifts from my stepdad and his wife, who are Christian and send specific Christmas presents, under our tree.

For Yule, however, that's tomorrow, and I have EVERYTHING left to do. Took me an hour to wrap 4 presents last night. Today we have to walk in the snow up to the store, to make sure we have food, because we're going to get snow over the next couple days! Since we live in a "concrete canyon" with slippery hills on all sides of us, if we get bunches of snow, not only will we not be able to get anywhere easily, but no one will be able to get to their jobs at the local stores/restaurants, so we have to make sure we're prepared.

jendon1997
12-20-2008, 04:17 PM
I have not started wrapping yet. DH needs to take the kids away from the house for a few hours. That's the only way I will get it done. They follow me too much!!

~Kathie
12-20-2008, 05:06 PM
I still need to finish wrapping, plan the menu for Christmas and shop for the food, finish decorating and just pick up around here. I tend to have the dropsies when it comes to stuff. And I'm sitting here!! :blush:

The cards are out, packages have been shipped and are delivered, the ourside is decorated, the tree is up with ornaments the mantle is decorated.

shmily1
12-20-2008, 06:03 PM
I still have to get the house ready for the family, put up the Christmas tree (hadn't done it yet since we have 5 kittens to tear it down!), buy the food and one more gift card, and go to WDW to buy my presents from DH with the money he gave me!!! :cooldance: Got my running shoes on so I can get all this done in time!!!

FigmentFever
12-20-2008, 06:49 PM
(1) Clean!
(2) Finish shopping
(3) Wrap presents
(4) Test new recipes out before the big day
(5) Check my list twice so I haven't missed any presents

askomsky
12-20-2008, 07:02 PM
WRAP PRESENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: I haven't wrapped one single present yet and I just walked in from being gone since 7 am this morning! Guess what I'm doing the next several days???? :D

PSL1013
12-20-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm done except for making my cheese dip and shrimp cocktail to bring to our family Christmas Eve get-together. Ahh, the stress of it all....it will be over soon, so hang in there everybody!! :rotfl:

mom2ian
12-20-2008, 07:14 PM
I still need to wrap all of the gifts. Will probably also need to grocery shop at some point too.

ladyjane98
12-20-2008, 07:28 PM
I also have to wrap the gifts! Still have 2 to buy too. I'm feeling like I'm way behind (again) and have been sick the last few days. We'll get there though!
:wreath:

sselig2000
12-20-2008, 07:42 PM
I think I am doing better this year that most years. I still have to wrap the Santa stuff, and pick up stocking stuffers and a few more grocery items, and a little more cleaning, but that is about it. Whew. Tired already.

OhMari
12-20-2008, 08:53 PM
My kids are all home from college, except for my oldest dd who will be coming home Christmas Eve day, so I have to go to the airport and pick her up.

I just want to say my washing machine and dryer is asking for mercy.

Sunni
12-20-2008, 08:59 PM
We have to decorate our tree (which we just got today..so late). Finalize meal...shopping for last minute food. Finish decorating inside. I just have a few things to wrap and stocking items, oh and the couple of things still due in. Clean...clean...clean Oh, and I start back to work on Monday and also Tuesday. Somewhere....sometime...I still have baking to do.

sarah4770
12-20-2008, 09:10 PM
I have a few presents to wrap, have to make sure I have all my gifts bought... I do this every year.. ask myself do I have enough for this one or that one?
I need to clean and bake. Tomorrow I have a baptism to attend.

saffymom
12-20-2008, 10:43 PM
I still have most of my presents to be wrapped and I need to get all my baking done as that is a present too!

schaery
12-20-2008, 11:02 PM
I have all my gift and grocery shopping done, just have to wrap presents and cook. WOOHOO!

llmedic36
12-20-2008, 11:36 PM
I just finished wrapping my presents so all I have left to do is some baking on Monday and deliver baked goods to my neighbors.I also will be cooking Christmas dinner but I love to cook so this holiday is going to be pretty much stress free!! Lynn

wilsonfamily4
12-20-2008, 11:57 PM
CLEAN THE HOUSE!

My family is coming here for the first time and my sister adn her family will spend the night here so I want to clean!

sweetiee
12-21-2008, 12:15 AM
I haven't wrapped a thing for family. So they are all in the guest room with the kid proof handle on the door. DD4 was begging to go in tonight because she knows things are in there and just wants to peek. This is the first year we have had to deal with that.
So after wrapping, it is just getting the rest of the food for Christmas dinner bought, then preparing it this week. The house can always use a good cleaning so I've been doing that this weekend.
Thanksfully I'm off for the next two weeks so I will use that time to clean and get things prepared. We go to the in laws next weekend and when we get back, it wil be time to put things away and do laundry.
We really did a lot less buying this year so there has been a lot less to wrap. We have done more family gifts and one larger gift than the usual where we get a ton for each person. I've even asked my brother to help me fix some painting in the kitchen for a gift for us rather than him having to buy us anything.

ligrumpygirl
12-21-2008, 12:41 AM
WRAP :eek:

cuppycakemom
12-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Would you believe that I actually have about 6 more Christmas cards to send?? SHAME ON ME!

I also have to PACK to go to my mom's the day after Christmas!!!

Oh, and don't forget wrapping presents from Santa....

YIKES..more than I wish I had to do!!!

missangie
12-22-2008, 10:52 AM
The winner is Post #29. . .Belle.

Congratulations! Please open a trouble ticket including your mailing address. We will get an SR prize to you in the mail. Thanks for playing.