PDA

View Full Version : The Good Cook

ravensdreamer
08-06-2007, 09:01 PM
I enrolled in this less than two weeks ago and the books came regular mail today, my credit in pending and I already have my next 2 books chosen to fulfill my obligation in all making my purchases of 6 books for under 40 including shipping and 4 are Christmas presents...woo hoo.Thank you Sunshine Rewrads I would not have found this good deal without you!

SunshineGirl
08-06-2007, 09:45 PM
That's awesome! I've actually been thinking about trying this offer myself.

wilsonfamily4
08-06-2007, 10:09 PM
So have I. I just need to sit down and do it. I love to cook and they would make great gifts. My husband also really likes to cook and I may look for a crepe cook book for his stocking. :) Hope this offer sticks around a bit. It may be a few weeks til I get to it.

jnorth1007
08-06-2007, 10:13 PM
I did this offer and I love my cookbooks. I am going to use my last two commitment credits to get 2 cookbooks for my new slow cooker/crock pot.

ravensdreamer
08-06-2007, 10:20 PM
I am delighted with my choices. What I liked the best about the offer was unlike some clubs this one gave you access to the inventory of the club, not just a few top names and then a bunch of fillers. I received books that I saved over $90 on. The one thing I did do that helped cost wise, was I looked at the club first checking out the prices and choosing the books I wanted the most that had the highest price tag as my 4 initial choices for .99 choices and then by price the ones I wanted that might be a bit cheaper for me to purchase to fulfill my obligation. Right now the special they have is buy 2 books get 1 for 4.99 (equal of lesser value I think) so technically you could manage to get 7 books for under 50 and make some very nice gifts for either yourself or others.

Lynn

wilsonfamily4
08-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Is there another cooking book club? The Good Cook has title to choose from and I was wondering if there is a cook club that lets you choose from all their books? I only want 1 of the books they have for us to choose from but there are a lot of other cook books I want

m 'n c
08-07-2007, 01:17 PM
Is there another cooking book club? The Good Cook has title to choose from and I was wondering if there is a cook club that lets you choose from all their books? I only want 1 of the books they have for us to choose from but there are a lot of other cook books I want

thats been my question too. i'm not sure what else they have and i only want like 1 book on the initial sign up page. I'm wondering if they rotate those at all.

TIAMOMMA
08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
thats been my question too. i'm not sure what else they have and i only want like 1 book on the initial sign up page. I'm wondering if they rotate those at all.

Me too. I was going to join last week but one book that I know the club offers wasn't on the page to choose from. If their selection was just a bit bigger for the initial order I would have signed up.