PDA

View Full Version : (Ended)Countdown Contest: 4 Days Until Christmas

SunshineGirl
12-21-2008, 02:15 PM
We're running a little slow here at SR today. :) Angie is celebrating with family, Cindy is sick, and I just returned from church. So today's contest is going to be an easy one.

Favorite Christmas movie quote. It can be the one that makes you laugh or makes you cry or just sums up Christmas most for you.

I'll randomly pick one post made before midnight.

Standard rules apply:

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=17569

marcymajor
12-21-2008, 02:17 PM
when Tiny Tim says "God Bless Us Everyone" at the end of a Christmas Carol.

3dog2kidmom
12-21-2008, 02:35 PM
"Buddy the Elf, What's Your Favorite Color?" :D

mseg16222
12-21-2008, 02:36 PM
Well, in Whoville they say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day. And then the true meaning of Christmas came through, and the Grinch found the strength of ten Grinches plus two.

MdCaterer
12-21-2008, 02:41 PM
"Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to."

From Miracle on 34th Street

faithhope
12-21-2008, 02:43 PM
" I'm Mr. Heat Miser...."
I'm sure the rest of the song is now stuck in your head.

PSL1013
12-21-2008, 02:51 PM
In...It's A Wonderful Life when Zuzu Bailey says "Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."

OhMari
12-21-2008, 02:52 PM
"Santa!!"

"Elf" Movie. When Buddy see's Santa at the store.

Soccer Princess
12-21-2008, 02:58 PM
From How the Grinch Stole Christmas:

Christmas Day is in our grasp so long as we have hands to clasp. Christmas Day will always be just as long as we have we. Welcome Christmas while we stand, heart to heart and hand in hand.

mmm611
12-21-2008, 03:03 PM
"merry christmas, charlie brown!"

catnapfan
12-21-2008, 03:07 PM
"Let's name him Oatmeal!" From Frosty the Snowman. I always feel bad for that little boy. I actually named my cat Oatmeal when I was a teenager just for that little boy.

arob414
12-21-2008, 03:32 PM
I have 2, one goofy, one serious:

Lucy in Charlie Brown's Christmas -
"Ugh! I've been kissed by a dog! I have dog germs! "

"And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, 'Fear not: for behold, I bring unto you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the City of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.' And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host, praising God, and saying, 'Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.'"

jendon1997
12-21-2008, 03:36 PM
Mine has to be "You'll shoot your eye out!!" It immediately makes me think of Christmas no matter what time of year it is.

aknight373
12-21-2008, 03:38 PM
Max Fatch my cloak!!!

i love the grinch

spring
12-21-2008, 03:45 PM
I love The Christmas Story. There are so many good lines in it, but I think the most memorable is "you'll shoot your eye out."

bartleby1
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
I have to go with "You'll shoot your eye out" also. I just love that movie!

llmedic36
12-21-2008, 04:02 PM
Mine has to be "God Bless Us Everyone!!!" Lynn :p

rumrunnergirl
12-21-2008, 04:05 PM
1. When Buddy the Elf says "When I'm around you, I get all warm and my tongue swells."

2. In A Nativity Story, when one of the Wise Men looks at the baby Jesus and says "God made into flesh." I get the shivers (in our church we call them God bumps, not goose bumps). :)

mia214jia
12-21-2008, 04:06 PM
" Every time a bell rings an angel gets thier wings" ~ Its a Wonderful Life.

~Kathie
12-21-2008, 04:12 PM
In...It's A Wonderful Life when Zuzu Bailey says "Look, Daddy. Teacher says, every time a bell rings an angel gets his wings."

And George says, "That's right Zuzu, that's right. Atta boy Clarence!!!" From It's a Wonderful Life

kimbih
12-21-2008, 04:15 PM
I double dog dare you! from Christmas Story. Love when the kid gets stuck to the pole :rotfl:

mommytotwo
12-21-2008, 04:16 PM
I've killed it. Oh! Everything I touch gets ruined.
-Charlie Brown

SunshineGirl
12-21-2008, 04:19 PM
From How the Grinch Stole Christmas:

Christmas Day is in our grasp so long as we have hands to clasp. Christmas Day will always be just as long as we have we. Welcome Christmas while we stand, heart to heart and hand in hand.

:heart:

sarah4770
12-21-2008, 04:33 PM
From what I see now, that will cut through the murkiest storm they can dish up. What I'm trying to say is, Rudolph, with your nose so bright, won't you guide my sleigh tonight?

barbaraapple
12-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Polar Express : "The true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart"

That is so true ...

chrissylou2
12-21-2008, 04:50 PM
I love Polar Express we watch this on Christmas Eve since it has came out, it is what keeps my 11 year old still believing.

One quote that sticks out is from Santa

"There's no greater gift than friendship"

and at the end when the boy who has grown up and he says he has grown old but the bell still rings for me, as it does for all who truly believes.

I just love that movie.

Chrissy

jl8595
12-21-2008, 05:33 PM
From Nation Lampoon's Christmas Vacation:

"Clarke, Audrey's frozen from the waist down"...among countless others. We quote this movie throughout the Christmas season in our house.

Tiggerific711
12-21-2008, 05:44 PM
"Seeing isn't believing; believing is seeing"

from The Santa Clause movies

jen2kids
12-21-2008, 06:01 PM
My favorite is from Charlie Brown : "Merry Christmas, Charlie Brown"

Hedy
12-21-2008, 06:36 PM
"CATNIP!" :love::love:

fanofree
12-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Since the re-release will be under the tree for DD this year...

Nightmare Brfore Christmas

Jack Skellington: [singing] And on a dark cold night, under full moonlight, he flies into the fog like a vulture in the sky!
[in a deeper tone]
Jack Skellington: And they call him, Sandy... Clawssss...!

and

Dr. Finkelstein: That's twice this month you've slipped deadly nightshade into my tea and run off.
Sally: Three times!

sselig2000
12-21-2008, 07:12 PM
from How the Grinch stole Christmas

"He puzzled and puzzed til his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. "Maybe Christmas.." he thought "Doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more."

bbangel
12-21-2008, 07:48 PM
Mine is a bit odd but it is from the Alaister Sim version of A Christmas Carol.

Scrooge after the nights visitation he sings a little song

"I don't know anything, I never did know anything, but now I know that I don't know, all on a Christmas morning."

speechteachri
12-21-2008, 08:07 PM
"God bless us....every one!"

kxmeeh
12-21-2008, 08:37 PM
sisters, sisters...there were never such devoted sisters....when a certain gentleman arrived from home...she wore the dress...and i stayed home now, i know it's lyrics from a song, but i love it when the guys dress up and do the hanes sisters' act while they get away from the nasty landlord in the movie white christmas. no matter what else i thought of, i kept going back to the movie a christmas story...which we thoroughly picked apart already.

Iteach
12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
From the Polar Express, my favorite Christmas movie.

Said by Santa: "The bell is a wonderful symbol of the spirit of Christmas ~ as am I. Just remember the true spirit of Christmas lies in your heart."

and

"Though I've grown old the bell still rings for me, as it does for all those who truly believe."

toystoryduo
12-21-2008, 09:30 PM
A Christmas Story: "You'll shoot your eye out!" ;)

pbhall13
12-21-2008, 09:34 PM
So many from It's a Wonderful Life........but this one always gets to me:

When Clarence is talking to George and says, "Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

Blessing and Miracle
12-21-2008, 09:54 PM
I can't recall just one thing but I so enjoy watching all of the Christmas movies. :)

gpp2001
12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I can't recall just one thing but I so enjoy watching all of the Christmas movies. :)

I've been thinking about this all day and can't come up with one either!! There are so many good stories and good lines - it's hard to pick one or remember one!!!

I'm off to watch Elf with my daughter for the first time!! Maybe there are some good lines in it!!

Karn

disneymomma
12-21-2008, 10:10 PM
My sister and I have seen Christmas vacation so many times that we can act it out ourselves. My favorite line isn't suitable to print lol so I'll have to go with this one...

"Aunt Bethany, does your cat by any chance eat jello?"

wilsonfamily4
12-21-2008, 10:12 PM
I love It's A Wonderful Life. I think it is amazing that that movie is so old but still so applicable today. I love it. ANyway I like this scene!

Man on Porch: Why don't you kiss her instead of talking her to death?
George Bailey: You want me to kiss her, huh?
Man on Porch: Ah, youth is wasted on the wrong people.

askomsky
12-21-2008, 10:25 PM
I have several some funny some nice....

"Seeing isn't believing; believing is seeing" The Santa Clause

Trading Places to me is a "Christmas" movie bc it's always on during the holiday and that's when I watch it and think it's one of those comedy's that I love.

Looking good, Billy Ray!
Feeling good, Louis!

and

There you go mortimer....one dollar.

and

Think big, think positive. Never show any sign of weakness. Always go for the throat. Buy low, sell high. Fear . . . that's the other guy's problem.

jakeandsophiesmom
12-21-2008, 10:28 PM
This one cracks me up every time from Christmas Vacation

CLARK: Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, d***less, hopeless, heartless, fat-a**, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey s*** he is. Hallelujah. Holy s***.

And as for good clean ones, I love this one from Miracle on 34th Street, it reminds me that Christmas is what you make of it.

Oh, Christmas isn't just a day, it's a frame of mind...

zoodoyle
12-21-2008, 10:38 PM
Since we just watched A Christmas Story last night, "You'll shoot your eye out" is very fresh in my brain!!!! :rotfl:

memanana
12-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Wonderful Life-- everytime a bell rings an angel gets his wings

Arky
12-21-2008, 11:30 PM
That's mine too!

"Faith is believing when common sense tells you not to."

From Miracle on 34th Street

Belle
12-22-2008, 12:43 AM
We always jokingly say "You'll shoot your eye out" from Christmas Story.

Weluvdisny
12-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Yukon Cornelius: Didn't I ever tell you about Bumbles? Bumbles bounce.

From Rudolph. I like Yukon's attitude in the movie. Nothing gets him down.

missangie
12-22-2008, 10:57 AM
And the winner is. . . Post #42 wilsonfamily4

Congratulations! Please open a trouble ticket including your mailing address. We will get an SR prize to you in the mail. Thanks for playing.

wilsonfamily4
12-22-2008, 12:26 PM
I won!? Wowhooey!

Thanks