PDA

View Full Version : Anyone still shopping?

fanofree
12-21-2008, 07:18 PM
Have you found anyone still shipping for Christmas delivery? I have not bought, but QVC has a $5.00 upcharge for delivery for Christmas and Zazzle has a code for delivery by Christmas at the regular charge. I guess I'm cyber window shopping! Anyone else?

SunshineGirl
12-21-2008, 09:01 PM
I saw that wine.com will pay for rush shipping if you order and pay standard shipping through tomorrow.

Blessing and Miracle
12-21-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm still trying to find some free shipping or at least some discounted shipping. :( Yesterday, I did make a purchase at Children's Place and it will be delivered on Tuesday and the shipping only cost me 10.00. It was worth it!

Now I hope to find more by tomorrow.

SunshineGirl
12-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Barnes & Noble.com has free shipping by Christmas if you spend $100. They have more than books, so you might be able to find a wide variety of gifts on your list there.

mjjmbnmm
12-21-2008, 09:42 PM
Amazon will deliver by christmas if you order by tonight.

~Kathie
12-21-2008, 10:27 PM
I am still shopping. Heck, I'm ALWAYS shopping!!! :rotfl:

But I'm done shiopping for Christmas. :angel:

I shopped at Staples today and if you spend over $50 it's free shipping. They usually ship next day delivery but this being Sunday I will get my order on Tuesday. Only 3 items I ordered haven't come yet. All have shipped so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I have done a lot of shopping the last couple of days and most merchants did offer expedited shipping to get it here in time for Christmas.

---Eddie Bauer
---Zappo's has expedited shipping. Lately they have been upgrading for free.
---Cheryl & Co has Express Delivery guaranteed by Christmas for $3.00, plus they have a 20% off coupon. Many items have free shipping already is $3.00 is a deal to get it in time.

Good luck to anyone still shopping.

Sunni
12-22-2008, 07:54 AM
I am with Kathie. I am still shopping. I still ordered yesterday for someone I thought I had shipped something to and I didn't. Can't wait to be more grounded. So I sent Cheryl and Co. Thank goodness I noticed.

It looks like the rest of my own packages should be here today and tomorrow. Fingers crossed. It's just for us, anyways, so extending some Christmas fun would be just fine.

Good luck everyone!

m 'n c
12-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Still shopping here. I am running to the stores though at this point. Mike and I just discovered that we left a bag at Toys R Us last month when we went shopping so we are missing one of his niece's presents. I can't believe checkout people don't try and flag you down anymore when you do stuff like this. :(

~Kathie
12-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Still shopping here. I am running to the stores though at this point. Mike and I just discovered that we left a bag at Toys R Us last month when we went shopping so we are missing one of his niece's presents. I can't believe checkout people don't try and flag you down anymore when you do stuff like this. :(

I hope TRU isn't too hectic and you get what you want.

I hate leaving stuff behind. I am always in such a rush. I'm running to stores today. I made a few returns of hoodies for my DIL and DD that I ordered online. They were their sizes but way too small. They're getting gift cards.

Went to CWC. They are having a 50% off in store sale and they sent me a $10 coupon. Sneaky........but it worked. :angel:

Also went to spend a GC I received last year before it expired. I don't care for the store and have been there several times and never found anything.
Today I found 2 coats. A dress coat and a all weather coat. Yay!!:banana:

I'm off to the market now to buy food for Christmas. Hope it's not too crazy there.

m 'n c
12-22-2008, 04:57 PM
Thanks Kathie. We went to Target just now and found exactly what she was asking Uncle Michael for a few weeks ago :) So maybe there was a reason that other bag went missing.

Blessing and Miracle
12-22-2008, 05:56 PM
Finish Line is still accepting orders for instore pickup! Plus there is a nice coupon. Yippeee.:banana:

And don't forget, Magazine.com is a lifesaver. Definitely plan on placing another order for Christmas.

~Kathie
12-22-2008, 08:59 PM
Thanks Kathie. We went to Target just now and found exactly what she was asking Uncle Michael for a few weeks ago :) So maybe there was a reason that other bag went missing.

Ya' know.........you may just be right about that. Funny how kids all of a sudden find something else they decide they want. Just when you think you're all set. She'll be thrilled. Glad you were able to find what SHE was looking for.

I was in Target today too. The place was nearly empty. Of course it was 8:30 AM. Business was picking up when I left around 9.

Blessing and Miracle
12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Ya' know.........you may just be right about that. Funny how kids all of a sudden find something else they decide they want. Just when you think you're all set. She'll be thrilled. Glad you were able to find what SHE was looking for.

I was in Target today too. The place was nearly empty. Of course it was 8:30 AM. Business was picking up when I left around 9.

I gotta make a run to Target or Walmart myself. I was so happy and proud of myself because I purchased the stocking stuffers awhile back. Normally, I have to run out Christmas Eve to pickup stuff. Until, last night when I was going over exactly what I had and quickly remembered I only had stuff for the twins. :( I don't think the others will appreciate that so I'm gonna go a grab a few gift cards.

m 'n c
12-22-2008, 09:53 PM

I swear I think that is what it was. We were meant to find the last Christmas singing Hannah Montana doll in the store for her since she wanted it and specifically mentioned the singing Christmas one to Mike.

Target was not a total madhouse but it was a tad busier than I wanted it to be. I need to sneak back tomorrow but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. Depends on if it warms up tomorrow or not and if I have to run errands with Mike.

~Kathie
12-22-2008, 10:49 PM
I gotta make a run to Target or Walmart myself. I was so happy and proud of myself because I purchased the stocking stuffers awhile back. Normally, I have to run out Christmas Eve to pickup stuff. Until, last night when I was going over exactly what I had and quickly remembered I only had stuff for the twins. :( I don't think the others will appreciate that so I'm gonna go a grab a few gift cards.

Our supermarkets and drug stores (Walgreens & CVS) are now carrying other companies gift cards are yours? Even Staples had gift cards of the stores that were in the same plaza like Old Navy, Kohl's and some restaurants. They sure are making it easy.

I have stocking stuffers but they are in gift bags. We have the wood stove going, so I can't hang the stockings. The gift bags are bigger than the stockings....so they got more stuff. My bad. :rotfl:

3dog2kidmom
12-22-2008, 11:03 PM

Sorry that happened! Having worked in retail, though, the last thing cashiers have time for on a busy night is chasing down customers who forget bags -- if they even realize it. I was amazed that so many people would leave their purchases behind. We always left things at the customer service desk for people to hopefully come back and claim them, so it might be worth asking there.

Hope you are able to retrieve or find it, Cate!

ETA: Just read the rest of the thread... so happy you found the new gift she wanted! Funny how things work out, Lol.

3dog2kidmom
12-22-2008, 11:06 PM
If we don't get the weather we're expecting then I might run to the dollar store for some stocking stuffers, otherwise I am calling it done. Grocery shopped tonight (when will I learn not to do that the night before it's supposed to get nasty), and it was a madhouse!!

Blessing and Miracle
12-23-2008, 01:28 AM
Our supermarkets and drug stores (Walgreens & CVS) are now carrying other companies gift cards are yours? Even Staples had gift cards of the stores that were in the same plaza like Old Navy, Kohl's and some restaurants. They sure are making it easy.

I have stocking stuffers but they are in gift bags. We have the wood stove going, so I can't hang the stockings. The gift bags are bigger than the stockings....so they got more stuff. My bad. :rotfl:

Yes, our local stores carry them as well and that would be great but I need to pick up a few food items too. :p

Oh, a wood stove sounds so wonderful. For sure, I know they won't complain about the bigger bags. if they do, tell them you know someone who would just love them. :angel:

Sunni
12-23-2008, 08:09 AM

Kathie ...I like your idea about the bags. We hang the stockings on the back on the couch or a chair not used because we use our fireplace everyday. I knitted everyone's stockings way back...then son-in-laws and now grandson's.....they stretch....what was I thinking....lol

Sunni
12-23-2008, 08:11 AM

Cate...glad you found what you needed. I agree something just happen for a reason. good luck going back to the store.

~Kathie
12-25-2008, 12:53 AM
Kathie ...I like your idea about the bags. We hang the stockings on the back on the couch or a chair not used because we use our fireplace everyday. I knitted everyone's stockings way back...then son-in-laws and now grandson's.....they stretch....what was I thinking....lol

Tonight it's 47 out so I think we'll be letting the woodstove go out. It's supposed to be in the 50's tomorrow and with a houseful of people, it will be very warm in here. Looks like I can hang the stockings up after all. I'm not going to fill them......all the stiff won't fit anyway.

I made (sewed) stockings for DH, me, DS and DD when we moved into this house (1985). I have yet to make them for the DIL and grandkids. I have the fabric and it's even cut. :( Good intentions. I'll get them done, evenutally! :blush:

Sunni
12-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Looks like I can hang the stockings up after all. I'm not going to fill them......all the stiff won't fit anyway.

I made (sewed) stockings for DH, me, DS and DD when we moved into this house (1985). I have yet to make them for the DIL and grandkids. I have the fabric and it's even cut. :( Good intentions. I'll get them done, evenutally! :blush:

How fun to be able to hang them. Too funny about the fitting part....same here. There is always an overflow. It happens every year too.

You will get those stockings done. They must be really nice. That is one thing I am not good at as no one has ever shown me how to sew. That is one of my goals this coming year....I added it to my creativity side.

have fun!